Hi,

Some weeks ago I installed the Smartschool Android app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=be.smartschool.mobile) on my BB Passport via Google Play.

The app has worked perfectly in my device. For a number of reasons I decided to uninstall it but coincidentally the device ran out of battery at that very moment. When I restarted I could see that the app was not correctly uninstalled - no shortcut anymore but looking for its name in the assistant does return the name of the app although no icon. Pressing on the app leads nowhere and I cannot force any delete from there.

Now I want to install the app back in my device but I always get an error (unable to install this app)

I was wondering whether somebody could tell me how to completely remove the remnants of this app. I can log into my device filesystem through the Momentics IDE; but where should I look for this kind of information?

Much appreciated,
    Miguel
    10-07-15 03:07 PM
    Miguel,
    I would suggest you try this first. Go to Settings, Device Monitor, Storage Tab. In the overflow menu, select Search and see if the app is listed. If so, long press on it and then tap delete.

FYI, this is the best method of deleting apps � particularly Android apps.
    Miguel,
    I would suggest you try this first. Go to Settings, Device Monitor, Storage Tab. In the overflow menu, select Search and see if the app is listed. If so, long press on it and then tap delete.

FYI, this is the best method of deleting apps � particularly Android apps.
    10-07-15 03:18 PM
    Reboot your device, that should fix it.
    10-07-15 05:20 PM
    I couldn't find the app in the Storage Tab overflow menu. Yet its name (without icon) appears when typing its name in the assistant.
    10-10-15 04:39 AM
    Rebooting does not fix the problem. I just remembered that I installed this app after applying a patch with lucky patcher, fwiw.
    10-10-15 04:42 AM
    Try a hard restart of the device. Hold down the volume up and down buttons at the same time until the screen goes blank, and the BlackBerry logo appears, then let go. Restarting this way will not carry over any settings memory other than what is permanently set.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2474
    10-10-15 09:12 AM
    Thanks oldsoul123, hard resetting eventually deleted the last remnants of the app in the assistant, but it did not solve the problem of not being able to install the app back in my device. I guess there are no other hints to tackle this ...?
    m
    10-10-15 04:45 PM
    Just read you helped migdur re: android apps. will that also work with an A app that i have down loaded already then when an update comes in for that app my passport informs me that there is no space . I have 22gb of free space in my device and 110gb free space in sd.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 11:13 PM