I bought a Leap so I could use a specific android app I need for work. I tried installing both snap & the work around for Google playstore with no luck . When installing google playstore through chrome link I kept getting 500 fail error codes . I presume it has something to do with signing cert. I dont want to go full android. I prefer blackberry devices. Any suggestions? maybe someone could get me the apk file to use?

galaxysurfer
    12-15-15 06:18 AM
    have you tried installing the google play store through Cobalt's method posted here?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/
    12-15-15 06:30 AM
    yes as I said previously it gives me 500 errors. it wont install. Maybe I have something set wrong or firewall is blocking but this is too much just to get one important app that only comes in ios or android flavors neither of which i am willing to embrace 100% after i installed those 3 apks there is no trace in os i dont know what damage it has reeked on the code.
    12-15-15 08:41 AM
    ok I think I have the problem licked. I was confused by old way of sideloading going back to Playbook days. Didn't help I read conflicting texts. All I needed to do was directly download & open the apk files on the phone. After my embarassing & silly mistake I think I'm ready to rock & roll. Just need to monitor the needed app for compatibility issues. Thanx for your input jaydee. As always tech stuff is trial & error or learn as you go.

12-15-15 10:20 AM