So I figured out something important....

I am a 5 months boom beach player, i've reached level 38 but what happened is : my game stopped working I tried everything I could and then I deleted it and re-installed it as I reached my hopeless point but as I expected, it got me to level one, yes I lost all the 5 months in 10 minutes :/ , right after that I have found a 1 month old backup on my bblink , so I restored it " yes something is better than nothing" cause I really love this game, am a gamer what do u expect xD... watever

The surprise i've found is after updating my game " because that backup was on one older update " I AM ON THE EXACT SAME LEVEL 38 with everything in its exact place.... and yes I didn't lose a day out of the 5 months

The point is "the secret I mean", any restore will not revive only the game but your progress too... so we don't have to care about "google sign in " anymore, BlackBerry done it in its own way from the beginning ^_^. The data with the server is saved in our device.... what I don't know yet is "how old we can use our backed up game and blackberry run time to do this "

What I did is : I backed up the following one month ago :

* boom beach itself.
    * blackberry runtime

Thats all you got to do ...

The game now :

Boom beach and clash of clans saving game secret .....-img_20150519_043835.png

Bblink backup :

Boom beach and clash of clans saving game secret .....-img_20150519_044206.jpg

Thanks for reading, I really hope I saved someone here.
    Cheers from Egypt ^_^

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by da_flamer; 05-18-15 at 10:50 PM. Reason: dunno xD
    amanago, spiculated and kye2000 like this.
    05-18-15 10:42 PM
    you did a full backup and restored a full backup, correct? 2.4GB of course your game will come back. A full backup copies all the files in your device memory as well. That's the only way i know of to save game data since it's on the device memory. Still don't know if its possible to use an autoloader that wipes the phone and then copy over just the folder for the game. That would have been a better test.
    05-19-15 06:21 AM
    you did a full backup and restored a full backup, correct? 2.4GB of course your game will come back. A full backup copies all the files in your device memory as well. That's the only way i know of to save game data since it's on the device memory. Still don't know if its possible to use an autoloader that wipes the phone and then copy over just the folder for the game. That would have been a better test.
    No it was a custom backup not a full one, just boom beach and the blackberry runtime.

Posted via CB10
    Stomps01 likes this.
    05-19-15 09:24 AM
    Still don't know if its possible to use an autoloader that wipes the phone and then copy over just the folder for the game. That would have been a better test.
    Mmmmm that won't load your current progress only restoring " blackberry runtime " its in there somewhere.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 09:27 AM
    The option to save just specific application data has been available to us for some time now.

The concern with this is the runtime as that can be a cause for issues with some users.

One game I play is Hay Day which is sideloaded. You can install the APK but back in the day that wasn't an option. While I have switched my Clash of Clans and Castle Clash games over from sideload to APK, I was unable to restore their progress. My fear with my sideloaded version of Hay Day like CoC and BB, is that the APK version won't see or recognize the game data created by the BAR formats regardless if game data and runtime is saved/restored. I certainly don't want to be a guinea pig either.

FWIW, I have never been able to get BB running.
    05-19-15 09:42 AM
    This is how I keep my COC progress. I have a backup from a few months ago and somehow when I load it my game is up to date just like I didn't redo my phone.... so where is the game progress being saved?

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 12:01 AM
    No it was a custom backup not a full one, just boom beach and the blackberry runtime.

Posted via CB10
    Works like a charm with COC as well. Just did it today.... No more doing full backups!

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 02:24 PM
    Works like a charm with COC as well. Just did it today.... No more doing full backups!

Posted via CB10
    Yes I know, now am using the new google play method in cobalt's thread... contacted supercell support and they helped me linking my account to my other android tablet... then I installed tha patched boom beach on by BlackBerry and got everything right... no back=ups anymore needed

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 09:59 AM
    Yes I know, now am using the new google play method in cobalt's thread... contacted supercell support and they helped me linking my account to my other android tablet... then I installed tha patched boom beach on by BlackBerry and got everything right... no back=ups anymore needed

Posted via CB10
    So you got it linked to your blackberry by just calling them? What info did you need to give them so they knew which game was yours? Just the user name you used?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 04:23 PM
    So you got it linked to your blackberry by just calling them? What info did you need to give them so they knew which game was yours? Just the user name you used?

Posted via CB10
    Tell them that ur google services aint working on your "android device" DON'T MENTION BlackBerry AT ALL.... ask them to link your account to your new "Android device" use any android phone or tablet or even a "black stacks app" as I did... I will post pictures as soon as I reboot my device cause my android player stopped working xD

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 09:45 AM
    I was able to get my game back I never mentioned the word BlackBerry only gave them model numbers and imei # to verify my account. + lots of screen caps from my years of playing.

Then I backed up my game to my tablet so now I can always get my game back with out supercell.

In Squircle I Trust
    08-13-15 01:24 PM
    I was able to get my game back I never mentioned the word BlackBerry only gave them model numbers and imei # to verify my account. + lots of screen caps from my years of playing.

Then I backed up my game to my tablet so now I can always get my game back with out supercell.

In Squircle I Trust
    Yeah supercell support is amazing and respectful

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 05:40 AM
    Boom beach

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 02:34 AM
    Odd, not working for me. I restored both boom beach and the blackberry runtime but it brings me back to level 1.

I recall being able to do it with COC

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 09:32 PM
    Didn't work for me either. My passport got smashed but I have an insurance plan and they sent me a new one, but despite doing a backup restore after having done device switch, I get nothing.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 07:34 PM
    If you autoload different OS or install other OS, the restore does not work! I follow all steps of Cobalt or Lucky pather but my BOOM only sync with my Facebook account, not sync with my Google+. So the only way is full backup and restore exactly the same OS
    01-24-16 10:46 PM
    I am sorry, I was following step by step with Cobalt's guide. So my Boom was connected with my Facebook and google+. So you don't need to backup via BBLink anymore
    Boom beach and clash of clans saving game secret .....-img_20160125_130219.png

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 03:59 AM