Hello, fellow side-loaders!
    I recently (actually today) put up a thread on how to update android applications in Blackberry 10, and loved the responses, so much so that I want to ask another question!
    I am wondering what is the best way to delete android applications. Many ways I've heard of are: Settings.bar, ES file manager and ghost commander, and finally DDPB uninstaller.
    Though, ES file manager is an side-loaded app, it removes app, but how to delete the file manager it self? Think this is the same issue with Ghost Commander too, and settings.bar is an side loaded app too, I'm confused.....
    Ultimately, I'm wondering what's the best way to uninstall applications in Blackberry 10.
    *Note* My Blackberry is under repair, (not really)so I won't be able to try the steps below in awhile.:what:
    Last edited by SpiralBorg; 02-16-13 at 03:07 AM.
    02-16-13 02:38 AM
    I use the DDPB side loader on my Playbook and to uninstall I also use the program, sometimes you have to run it several times until you get OK in the first and OK in the second popup. Sometimes a reboot then running DDPB helps. If that doesn't work, delete the icon, then run DDPB uninstaller a couple of times and you should get OK, OK again. If the program creates data in strange places you'll still need to use a file explorer to remove that.

If you are going to side load unapproved apps be prepared to reload your entire OS occasionally, there's good reason some of these aren't approved.
    SpiralBorg likes this.
    02-16-13 02:53 AM
    I use the DDPB side loader on my Playbook and to uninstall I also use the program, sometimes you have to run it several times until you get OK in the first and OK in the second popup. Sometimes a reboot then running DDPB helps. If that doesn't work, delete the icon, then run DDPB uninstaller a couple of times and you should get OK, OK again. If the program creates data in strange places you'll still need to use a file explorer to remove that.

If you are going to side load unapproved apps be prepared to reload your entire OS occasionally, there's good reason some of these aren't approved.
    Hrrmmm.....
    I seem to know quite a bit about electronics, but this just seems utterly unorthodox. Using DDPB as uninstaller, dosent seem accurate, and I honestly don't want to recover my OS at all! Do you think I should bother to side-load?
    02-16-13 03:06 AM
    Hrrmmm.....
    I seem to know quite a bit about electronics, but this just seems utterly unorthodox. Using DDPB as uninstaller, dosent seem accurate, and I honestly don't want to recover my OS at all! Do you think I should bother to side-load?
    That's the method I use and it seems to work flawlessly. Logically, if DDPB can install, why should there be such disbelief that it can also uninstall?
    02-16-13 11:55 AM
    That's the method I use and it seems to work flawlessly. Logically, if DDPB can install, why should there be such disbelief that it can also uninstall?
    You should be right! I guess when you want to uninstall, you should just use DDPB, and no ther method beforehand, thanks for your advice!
    02-16-13 02:55 PM