I'm assured by Android users that this app (see https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...radio&hl=en_GB ) works well... but it's neither visible on Snap nor on Amazon apps. The link I've posted implies I can install direct from there, but perhaps less surprisingly that doesn't work (obviously I'd expect that site only to work if one has a Google Play) account.

The only related app on Snap is BBC Media Player, which doesn't really seem to do anything!

I'd be really grateful for any advice as to how I might get it installed on my phone (BB Classic Q20) - thanks very much in anticipation.
    08-23-15 06:56 AM
    08-23-15 07:11 AM
    Hellfire, it works too! Massive thanks to you - greatly in your debt.

Update... Well, "works" in that it installed OK and will play live radio. However trying to download anything (podcast or i-player) crashes the app, and it then won't restart unless I uninstall and reinstall the app.

Don't suppose anybody else has experienced this and/or might know a way around it?

If not, I'll just live with (or rather without) it... [Hmm, BBC producing mediocre material suitable only for the mass-market; why does that sound oddly familiar...?! Ahem.]
    Last edited by 37201xoIM; 08-24-15 at 02:29 AM.
    08-23-15 01:26 PM
    My phone doesn't crash on the clips, but they don't play. Live radio works.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 03:52 AM
    Is this a safe download? Or is APR mirror in general a reliable source?

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 06:55 PM
    Is this a safe download? Or is APR mirror in general a reliable source?

Posted via CB10
    Hi. I found the download safe - only downside is that it doesn't fully work for me (BB Classic): will play live radio fine, but any attempt to use the catch-up facility causes it to crash, requiring it to be deleted and reinstalled.
    09-18-15 12:37 AM
    That's too bad, I could not survive a day without streaming bbc6. I just have the link on my home screen or use Nobex, but I would like the ability to have the easy access to their past shows.
    I see how it works on the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 07:37 AM
    That's too bad, I could not survive a day without streaming bbc6. I just have the link on my home screen or use Nobex, but I would like the ability to have the easy access to their past shows.
    I see how it works on the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    I'd be interested to hear how you get on. For me too, the "catch-up" facility was the raison-d-Ítre of this app - otherwise it's just another mediocre internet radio player amongst many.
    09-18-15 08:23 AM