When I scrolled through all the free apps at Amazon Underground a few minutes ago I suddenly stopped at "Audio tool", an app which was previously more than 6 ! This former price indicated to me real and good content. I downloaded it to my Passport and played around with it for a while and discovered that taking a breath in front of my Passport seems to be a very loud incident to the sensors of the device. As you can see in the picture it is more than 70 decibels. Is this realistic? Can this be? If you had asked me what sound is 70 dB I would have answered probably the noise of the Picadilly Circus (a high-traffic zone) in London by day. But a simple inhaling? Anyway, the app reacts extremly sensitively, even quiet snapping of fingers causes strong deflections.

"Audio tool" at Amazon Underground for free-audiotool_resize.jpg

Photo taken with the Z10 at dusk.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-16 02:45 PM
    Is this realistic? Can this be?
    Sure, why not? You're speaking into what is essentially an amplification unit at close range. Not exactly the best way to measure it though really.
    04-22-16 06:12 AM
    Thanks for the link. I didn't know that people examined these apps so far already, compared them to expensive devices and wrote articles on the results. I am aware of the fact that it's just an app for a smartphone which allows at best a first impression.
    @ double picture: Why is this? I uploaded the photo only once but see it twice. Is this a malfunction of the forum software? Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 07:21 AM