04-16-15 01:33 PM
26 12
tools
    I have been reading through the many threads, reading them more for their entertainment value than any other reason. After reading though, you continue to realize the many issues needed to work out regarding apps and BlackBerry. Amazon hasn't done very much in the way of improving the situation, the top tier apps are blocked, and you still need to find a back door approach to install the apps we want. To add salt to the wound I read today windows phone now has over 500,000 apps. What is going on....nothing but issues nothing of value in the android forum. Sad state.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 04:39 PM
    I don't know. I have all the apps I need on my Passport. However I don't use snap chat instagram and all those. Do have Netflix Hulu Directv and a few others working with no problem and no work around needed. I have been quite impressed with the android performance with the newest official OS. As I have had both BlackBerry and WP I find better app selection on BlackBerry. Several of the apps I have on my BlackBerry are not available on WP.

At some point I believe that the entire android world will be available to us, but I'm quite happy with where it is now and as long as it's moving forward I will continue to stay as a BlackBerry customer.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    anon(4275744) likes this.
    03-24-15 06:15 PM
    I don't know. I have all the apps I need on my Passport. However I don't use snap chat instagram and all those. Do have Netflix Hulu Directv and a few others working with no problem and no work around needed. I have been quite impressed with the android performance with the newest official OS. As I have had both BlackBerry and WP I find better app selection on BlackBerry. Several of the apps I have on my BlackBerry are not available on WP.

At some point I believe that the entire android world will be available to us, but I'm quite happy with where it is now and as long as it's moving forward I will continue to stay as a BlackBerry customer.

Netflix is now blocked for BlackBerry 10.3.1 users on the Amazon store.

You can continue to use your current version, but you will no longer get updates. And if you delete it, you won't be able to download it from Amazon again.

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    03-25-15 07:36 PM
    Amazon hasn't done very much in the way of improving the situation
    The whole Android runtime was a band aid solution from the start.
    03-25-15 07:39 PM
    The whole Android runtime was a band aid solution from the start.
    Perhaps, but without it I absolutely guarantee that I would not have Netflix, my Synology NAS apps, my Onkyo remote, Microsoft Office, Waze, NHL Gamecentre, Starbucks, Printhand, or many others that I use regularly now.

Netflix never took the 12 minutes to even port their existing, working android app to bbw. They would never have developed a native version. Same for many others.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    03-25-15 07:48 PM
    Netflix is now blocked for BlackBerry 10.3.1 users on the Amazon store.

You can continue to use your current version, but you will no longer get updates. And if you delete it, you won't be able to download it from Amazon again.

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    Still doubt that is intentionally done that way, however you can get the current version from Snap and it works just fine.

03-26-15 06:44 PM
    Still doubt that is intentionally done that way, however you can get the current version from Snap and it works just fine.

Unfortunately, it is proven to be 100% intentional

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 04:53 AM
    Perhaps, but without it I absolutely guarantee that I would not have Netflix, my Synology NAS apps, my Onkyo remote, Microsoft Office, Waze, NHL Gamecentre, Starbucks, Printhand, or many others that I use regularly now.
    Not everyone has the same type of luck running those apps.
    04-02-15 08:02 AM
    The Snapchat app is built for Android not BlackBerry. Will parts made for a Ford work on a Chrysler, no. Not everything is going to work on your BlackBerry if it's made to run on android, why the surprise!

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 08:06 AM
    I have no Android apps on my phone, just don't need it! BlackBerry World provides in all my app needs.

Posted via my awsome Classic
    04-02-15 08:15 AM
    App Disaster? Do you write headlines for CNN or Fox? LOL

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 08:27 AM
    I have no Android apps on my phone, just don't need it! BlackBerry World provides in all my app needs.
    I've installed about 20 apps on my Passport from BBW, almost 100 on my last Android device.
    Mausje75 and anon(9188202) like this.
    04-02-15 08:36 AM
    A Android free BlackBerry.. keeps it Swift and clean... and most of al.... near errorfree...

Posted via my awsome Classic
    04-02-15 10:56 AM
    Most of the people saying "Android apps free phone" don't know what they are saying, is the blackberry OS superb?, yes!, but do they have enough applications which are useful and needed by "MOST" not "ALL" customers ?, No!, I don't know about some of you but I for one need some android applications and I know many other people do, so don't start saying things you don't know, if blackberry believed they had enough applications to satisfy the customers they won't have ;
    (1) Made the android runtime alongside the BlackBerry 10 OS.
    (2) Openly Made a Joint collaboration with Amazon app store to support BB10 users in the 10.3.1 update.
    It's also because of what we consumers want that smart developers like "Cobalt" who is a hero (or my hero) in my opinion rose up and made easy access for us to at least bridge that app-gap, for us to keep using our blackberries during this tempting period to abandon the blackberry ship and go to the android and apple ships, but we love blackberry and we have shown that, I think it's high time we are appreciated too. Thank you for reading.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 01:02 PM
    If Cyrogen or cyogen. Whatever that Android version is called, gets big. We will have way more Android apps working for us. Simply put, there is growing hatred for Google's Android as device manufacturers make nearly nothing and Google gets all the revenue from Developers. If Google's Android becomes less popular than ASOP, big big for BB10. We can stop worrisome about Android development becoming closed sourced. Furthermore, we know that BlackBerry is working on a new runtime which should further integrate Android with BlackBerry 10. Lollipop brings lower CPU overhead and BlackBerry will most likely be working on an ART capable runtime. Since iOS and Android is getting old, there maybe reason to believe that there will be a huge shift in mobile computing

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 02:30 PM
    All I needed was OneNote and I got it from the Amazon App Store!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 02:46 PM
    I personally feel that applications are kind of redundant. Of those 500000 apps how many are actually on your phone? I find most apps are useless for me as I have an array of tablets, PC's and laptops that can do most things better than a phone ever could. I only have 6 apps on my phone that I actually use on a daily basis. Although admittedly I am not part of the demographics that have made Apple and Google into tech superpowers.
    04-03-15 02:46 PM
    Unfortunately, it is proven to be 100% intentional

Posted via CB10
    It was not intentional on the part of Amazon app store. It was the developers that didn't want to support BlackBerry for whatever stupid reason, and made their apps on Amazon not support BlackBerry. Fortunately BlackBerry has no agreement with Google Play Store, and as Snap is an unauthorized third party app, you can have access to whether Android apps you want with no restrictions. Just get Snap, or install Mobogenie which is also an third party Android app store that has no restrictions.

PaulJ
    04-03-15 04:21 PM
    Imho.... for those Android "believers" who want Android apps.... should get a Android phone! Where Google can watch every move you make...and make money out of it.

If you choose BlackBerry..... you choose it with its app limitations... but with a great OS..

Most of the trouble on the phones over here, are related to the Android apps.. When you keep your phone clean, you have a swift device. Even with "low" specs.

I have choosen BlackBerry because i wanted to get rid of Android. And ofcourse for the OS and the physical keyboard.

Posted via my awesome Classic
    04-03-15 04:44 PM
    I've had a change of heart regarding Amazon/android apps on BlackBerry. If you follow through any of Cobalt's threads regarding his hard work getting Google Play to work on BlackBerry can you blame some of the app developers in blocking an app from working on a BlackBerry. Honestly, the guys instructions are clear, how many times does one person have to tell people to refer to the first post to find your answer.
    If the app developers want to block BlackBerry users from using their app and do not want to bother having to deal with issues from a tiny market like BlackBerry power to them. Why bother dealing with issues that refer something that was never built to run on a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 09:01 PM
    If Cyrogen or cyogen. Whatever that Android version is called, gets big. We will have way more Android apps working for us. Simply put, there is growing hatred for Google's Android as device manufacturers make nearly nothing and Google gets all the revenue from Developers. If Google's Android becomes less popular than ASOP, big big for BB10. We can stop worrisome about Android development becoming closed sourced. Furthermore, we know that BlackBerry is working on a new runtime which should further integrate Android with BlackBerry 10. Lollipop brings lower CPU overhead and BlackBerry will most likely be working on an ART capable runtime. Since iOS and Android is getting old, there maybe reason to believe that there will be a huge shift in mobile computing

Posted via CB10
    None of what you said makes sense. Cyanogen NEEDS Google. Who is the maintainer for AOSP? Google. If Google stops development on Android. Its stops development of AOSP. How can device manufactures make nearly nothing from free software? Its free to download... If they are not making money, its because of their own doing and not Google's.
    04-13-15 12:10 AM
    Just by an android phone and you will have tons of apps on your phone and definetly better than the apps on blackberry world. If blackberry is moving foward, its definetly slow like a snail. Sorry, but its the fact, blackberry sucks in apps but great in working and multitasking.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 10:13 PM
    Imho.... for those Android "believers" who want Android apps.... should get a Android phone! Where Google can watch every move you make...and make money out of it.

I
    What's wrong with having the BlackBerry OS AND Netflix? There are some apps I need. It doesn't mean I'm selling out, or would rather have an Android device - that's absurd.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    04-14-15 10:19 PM
    Another of these threads?

Load Snap v3b3 and be done with it. There a very few apps that don't work on BlackBerry 10. And for those that don't, there a usually good substitutes. There are a few notable ones (to me) like Hulu. But I mostly don't care for the stuff that does not work.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 11:04 PM
    The android apps i want to use work fine. If i didnt have android apps i would still be on BlackBerry, the ability to use them is just a bonus.

I think its amazing how much they've done to make it appealing to a larger segment of people. Now its just a matter of people knowing its there, and then being able to find it. I just had someone tell me yesterday that he thought BlackBerry was history when he heard i was using a BlackBerry.

Do what you want. If you care about privacy you'll want to check out a BlackBerry. And you'll find out it actually does have all the bells and whistles you want. If you want a BlackBerry in android clothing you can have that too, for the most part.

I was using the website version of Live 365 until i stumbled on the BlackBerry version of the app for OS7 (!) and promptly stuck it on my Curve 9360 where it works perfectly, so then i got brave and hoisted the android versions on my Q5 and my Z10, and they work perfectly too.

Short story is, you may not need a separate app for everything you want to do. Other common android apps i got b/c the BlackBerry version was nonexistent or getting long in the tooth, are Slacker, Pandora, and Sirius, all work fine.

Many android apps are just spies in disguise, seems like most, actually. Get the useful ones and after that just enjoy the differences.
    04-14-15 11:30 PM
26 12