Has anyone got OpenGarden to tether their BB10 network connection via Bleutooth to an Android tablet (N7)?

I seem to have got it to work, but its very unreliable.

First, although the Z10 and N7 are paired via BT, they refuse to connect to eachother unless I enable Bluetooth Tether on the Z10, but I dont need this.

Running opengarden on both devices, if they are both on the same Wifi network, they will see eachother, and sometimes negotiate a BT connection. For me, this has worked twice, but I dont know how to make it work all the time, and without first being on the same wifi network. it doesnt seem to work if theyre on a hotspot from the Z10.

When they did establish a connection, I could see that the Z10 was connected to the N7 via BT from the settings page, and it successfully bypassed the tethering restrictions from Three, so, it seems like it can work, but needs to be more reliable.

Ideas?

Adam
    05-16-15 03:54 AM
    I'm sorry I've no experience with open garden but use BlueDun tether app. Works very good with the playbook! Have used it recently with HP stream 7 tablet and the first 2-3 times it cuts connection quickly and then it settles down. I'm on three with 2gb tether allowance but bypasses threes control. Also use Klink for android but it is usb. Very stable though. I know it's not exactly what you're after but thought it was somewhat related. Hope it works out for you!

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 02:34 PM
    Have you turned the WiFi off on phone or is it still on??

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 02:35 PM