That's what I do. I usually delete and reinstall after using it, so its ready for the next time.
    07-07-14 10:11 AM
    Just installed from Snap on Z30. Works fine every other start. On one start, it will try to start in portrait mode and fail. Close the window and restart Slingplayer, then it opens in landscape and works fine. Same thing next time.
    08-19-14 07:31 PM
    Just installed from Snap on Z30. Works fine every other start. On one start, it will try to start in portrait mode and fail. Close the window and restart Slingplayer, then it opens in landscape and works fine. Same thing next time.
    Mine didn't ask for Google account until like a week later.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 07:48 PM
    I couldn't get snap to work!

Appreciate the help
    08-20-14 07:54 PM
    Anyone know how to pull slingplayer for firetv apk from the amazon store? Firetv doesn't have Google services so i'm thinking it might work? It's a free app.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 11:41 AM
    I got it all working now. The recent work by Cobalt allows you to buy online on Google Play, then download via SNAP, and his Google Login mods that can be found in another thread allow SlingPlayer to pass the license check. I'll be upgrading my Slingbox to the M1now for HD support.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 07:45 AM
    Could you post the steps you did to make this work. I have a SB and would like to get this working on my new classic
    02-23-15 02:11 PM
    Like many who have posted above, I paid my $15 and downloaded Slingplayer only to have it balk next time it loaded for not being able to confirm the Android license key. I have a Q10 (which I love) running at 10.2.1.2976 (Verizon) and was hoping to get 10.3 so I could buy Android apps without issues like this one. Since 10.3 apparently isn't going to happen, I set out to get at least a couple of apps that I need/want like SlingPlayer.

I spent about three hours on Google searches looking for the APK of the older version that didn't require the license key. Finally I found one and have used it for over a week without license key issues and only modest eccentricities.

Anyway, to find it, Google: "SlingPlayer APK" and look for the YouTube entry by Ritz... In the description is a dropbox link that has the download. My experience in May 2015 with this download is good. Hoping to save others a few hours of frustration.
    06-01-15 05:45 PM
    If the app requires license verification, you may want to try to use the modified Google Play Store for Blackberry:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=11189556
    06-05-15 01:06 AM
    I've been able to bypass the "Android License Check" Using:
    1) Launch Slingplayer
    2) Slingplayer License Issue Notification Appears
    3) (Use Top-Down swipe on Blackberry Screen, to access "Size" Icon)
    4) Touch "Size" icon, Change Size to bypass "License Issue" (you can change the size back once you're in the application")

I use this method for both Slingplayer and eWallet (both legal copies) on my Passport, no more re-install of those applications :^)
    07-01-15 05:34 PM
    I found one and have used it for over a week without license key issues and only modest eccentricities.
    07-02-15 04:41 AM
    I've been able to bypass the "Android License Check" Using:
    1) Launch Slingplayer
    2) Slingplayer License Issue Notification Appears
    3) (Use Top-Down swipe on Blackberry Screen, to access "Size" Icon)
    4) Touch "Size" icon, Change Size to bypass "License Issue" (you can change the size back once you're in the application")

I use this method for both Slingplayer and eWallet (both legal copies) on my Passport, no more re-install of those applications :^)
    You do this every time you use the app, or just on the first use?

BTW, are there any differences with the new app?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 08:37 PM
    I have google play store colbolts version. I bought the sling player app on the Galaxy 6 edge. Now that I am back on bb10 Passport, I loaded up playstore via colbolt looked for my apps downloaded slingplayer and it hung no matter what I did. Now I got the latest software (OS) update last week now it's working flawless. I been using it every day with no issues never even seen a license check/ problem.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 08:44 PM
38 12