Trying to load WhatsApp onto my mother's Leap but it keeps telling me it doesn't have Google Play Services. Trouble is, her device is set up exactly the same as mine:

10.3.3.2031; Cobalt's Google Play Store including the latest update; Whatsfixer installed.

Works perfectly well on mine but won't run on hers. Any suggestions?

*EDIT*

I tried Nemory's app but it won't download without me paying for it a second time :|
    Last edited by A Noise Annoys; 11-30-17 at 09:13 AM.
    11-30-17 08:11 AM
    Unistall it all and try again.
    Reload her OS, try again.

Buy her a new phone that is compatible with today's world.... it is the holidays.
    11-30-17 02:26 PM
    Trying to load WhatsApp onto my mother's Leap but it keeps telling me it doesn't have Google Play Services. Trouble is, her device is set up exactly the same as mine:

10.3.3.2031; Cobalt's Google Play Store including the latest update; Whatsfixer installed.

Works perfectly well on mine but won't run on hers. Any suggestions?

*EDIT*

I tried Nemory's app but it won't download without me paying for it a second time :|
    Just tap outside the warning box the first time you run it. It won't warn you again.

You don't need any of Cobalt's files installed, nor does it need to be patched.
    11-30-17 03:11 PM
    Just tap outside the warning box the first time you run it. It won't warn you again.

You don't need any of Cobalt's files installed, nor does it need to be patched.
    Tried that but it just said it was looking for back ups and sat there spinning for about an hour or so before I shut it down. Tried this about 3 or 4 times as well as deleting and reloading 2 times.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-17 09:23 PM
    Tried that but it just said it was looking for back ups and sat there spinning for about an hour or so before I shut it down. Tried this about 3 or 4 times as well as deleting and reloading 2 times.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure what version you are using, but grab it from here:

www.whatsapp.com/android
    11-30-17 09:27 PM

www.whatsapp.com/android
    It's what ever is available at Google Play. I'll grab that version next time I'm over there.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    12-01-17 08:06 AM
    Is it possible to make video calls and such?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-17 04:47 AM
    It does not work for me, it says looking for back ups and it stays there for hours

Posted via CB10
    12-04-17 03:26 AM
    At the time of of play service pop up just tap outside the box and it will work I m also using android whatsapp it works great

Posted via CB10
    12-12-17 11:54 AM
    Is it possible to make video calls and such?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. At least once you run the WhatsFixer app, it does (available in BlackBerry World). I can't say if it does without it. Although, if you're going to use the Android version, I don't know why you wouldn't also add this fix.
    12-12-17 12:44 PM
    Yes. At least once you run the WhatsFixer app, it does (available in BlackBerry World). I can't say if it does without it. Although, if you're going to use the Android version, I don't know why you wouldn't also add this fix.
    I did add the fix to my mother's device. In fact, it's running exactly as my device is and yet Android WhatsApp won't run on hers but it will on mine and my family's despite the exact same set up.
    12-12-17 01:39 PM
    I did add the fix to my mother's device. In fact, it's running exactly as my device is and yet Android WhatsApp won't run on hers but it will on mine and my family's despite the exact same set up.
    Hmm... really not sure. I don't use the feature often but, when I have, it worked well and without any trouble.

What does hers do when you try to connect a video call? And is she able to send photos? Perhaps the 'send media' patch didn't work properly? Does she have an SD card? Lots of variables to figure out... first step would be trying to send a photo. If that doesn't work, I'd delete everything (including the Whatsapp folder in your file manager) and try again from scratch.
    12-13-17 01:03 PM
    Hmm... really not sure. I don't use the feature often but, when I have, it worked well and without any trouble.

What does hers do when you try to connect a video call? And is she able to send photos? Perhaps the 'send media' patch didn't work properly? Does she have an SD card? Lots of variables to figure out... first step would be trying to send a photo. If that doesn't work, I'd delete everything (including the Whatsapp folder in your file manager) and try again from scratch.
    She can't get to the message screen to even try sending a basic text message let alone a video call. When booting an alert pops up saying the app needs Goggle Play Services, I click past that alert and it goes to a page that says something about Looking for Back-Ups and just sits there with a spinning icon. I left it there over night a couple of days ago when I brought the phone home to fiddle with it and it was still there in the morning.
    12-15-17 10:34 AM

www.whatsapp.com/android
    Hi conite, I used android version, however when trying to send pics, it shows error

Posted via CB10
    01-02-18 09:46 AM
    Hi conite, I used android version, however when trying to send pics, it shows error

Posted via CB10
    Correct. That's why you need to apply the WhatsApp Fixer from BlackBerry World.
    01-02-18 09:47 AM
    Correct. That's why you need to apply the WhatsApp Fixer from BlackBerry World.
    I've installed whatsapp fixer and then fix the bug, but still shows the same error, am I missing something

Posted via CB10
    01-02-18 09:50 AM
    I've installed whatsapp fixer and then fix the bug, but still shows the same error, am I missing something

Posted via CB10
    Did you reboot?
    01-02-18 09:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    Leave Fixer running headless. You can also try other image file formats and sizes to see what the problem might be.
    01-02-18 09:56 AM
    Leave Fixer running headless. You can also try other image file formats and sizes to see what the problem might be.
    Thanks, I guess the problem is in image format that it didn't support, any specific reason.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-18 09:58 AM
    What exactly will leaving WhatsFixer running headless serve?
    01-02-18 10:17 AM
    What exactly will leaving WhatsFixer running headless serve?
    Instructions say it might help with some file types.
    Azam Saghir likes this.
    01-02-18 10:34 AM
    Android whatsApp is web based. Lousy!

Posted via CB10
    01-02-18 08:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    What?
    01-02-18 08:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    It isn't.