I have been attempting to download cobalt's files since 17 hours. It has so far been an epic fail.

Not a single file would either install or work. It has been drawing blank pages.

So finally I was advised to look at this link If you've been unable to download the Android Runtime update, try now! | CrackBerry.com

Again after about 6 hours of sturggle I discovered that we must use mobile browser and not desktop browser. I would humbly request the advisers to clarify this and help those who are stuck with finding out the desktop mode and the mobile mode. Believe me, several of us don't know these kind of things.

Now I have finally landed on a page what looks like blackberry world. I have a blackberry world on my phone, so it is beyond me to understand why I had to painstakingly click on the specific links. But that is by the by

I am now waiting to be advised on what to look for on this page!! Why not just make it clear from the start itself, I don't know, but anyway, please help me, if possible in lay person's language

what app am I supposed to download to update, please, or if that is not what I am supposed to do, what should I do on that page that I have landed, thanks
    06-19-16 04:56 PM
    Conite is an amazing member! Usually, he gets the ship righted in one post though. I think he's off his game.
    First, what BlackBerry device are you using?
    Next, what is the current operating system version on that device?
    Check it via Settings/About and post the numbers in the General Category/Software Release.
    06-19-16 05:06 PM
    Not sure how Bla1ze could have made it any clearer

Android runtime update advice?-img_20160619_170803.png

Anyway, the easiest solution is found here, so long as you have a computer.
    06-19-16 05:17 PM
    passport
    Thank you

First, what BlackBerry device are you using?
    Next, what is the current operating system version on that device?
    Check it via Settings/About and post the numbers in the General Category/Software Release.
    06-19-16 05:21 PM
    Not sure how Bla1ze could have made it any clearer

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160619_170803.png 
Views:	1013 
Size:	201.2 KB 
ID:	402476

Anyway, the easiest solution is found here, so long as you have a computer.
    It is not clear because I am landing on a page full of apps using the link given. I did a search for the runtime update and didn't find it.

So that write up is not at all helpful for me.
    06-19-16 05:23 PM
    It is not clear because I am landing on a page full of apps using the link given. I did a search for the runtime update and didn't find it.

Not using a computer.
    Not using any other device except your BlackBerry Passport.
    Not using a third party web browser app.

You must use the default web browser on the Passport, it is called "Browser", and it must not be in Desktop Mode:
    1. First, open Browser.
    2. Tap the three dots in the lower right and choose Settings.
    3. Tap Developer Tools.
    4. Make sure the Desktop Mode is switched off, slide switch icon to the left if it is not and lit up blue. If it is already to the left and grey, your are good.
    5. Tap the Back arrow in the lower right until you are back to your default home page.

For easiest result, load this forum thread up in your Passport's Browser, instead of reading it on a computer or in the CB10 app.

Next, load this link into the Passport Browser:
    http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...nguage=English

What happens next is the Browser will open a webpage to the BlackBerry article describing the error and fix.
    Scroll down to the section that says "Resolution", read what it says and then tap the link in that section.
    That will cause the Browser to open and new tab, and then minimize and launch the BlackBerry World app.
    It will then correctly pre-load the section in BlackBerry World to the Android Runtime fix.
    • If your device needs the update, it will show "Update" or "Install" in the button on the upper right.
    • If your device does not need it, it will show "Open" in the button on the upper right.
    • Only tap that button if it says "Update" or "Install"
    • If it says "Open" then you do not need the update as you already are running the latest fixed version.

Too all:
    If you skip the step of launching the link to the BlackBerry World Android Runtime fix from within the BlackBerry KB article, it doesn't pre-load BlackBerry World to the fix, it only opens BlackBerry World to the default opening home page.
    Correct is:
    1. Go to KB article using the BlackBerry Browser in mobile mode.
    2. Tap Link to BlackBerry World fix.
    3. Then BlackBerry World will launch with the fix app pre-loaded.
    Last edited by DaFoxGrey; 06-19-16 at 06:24 PM.
    06-19-16 05:43 PM
    Thank you
    Let me give it a go
    06-19-16 06:20 PM
    I can only see the blackberry world. I cannot see any blackberry runtime app at all.
    06-19-16 06:25 PM
    I can only see the blackberry world. I cannot see any blackberry runtime app at all.

Again, make sure you are using your BlackBerry Passport's default web browser app, called Browser.
    If you are using a computer or any other device, or the Browser app is in Desktop Mode, it wont work.

Here is what it looks like from my Z30 just now:

Android runtime update advice?-8ikeels.jpg
    bb2016 and BigBadWulf like this.
    06-19-16 06:45 PM
    Thank you

Indeed, I have followed all the steps meticulously

1. Looked up my bb browser calld browser in blue color.
    2. Found the settings and greyed the desktop mode button
    3. I had emailed the link to this site and opened this site from my mobile in mobile version, and followed the very same links

but I am continuously being taken to blackberry world. I cannot get to the app, that you see.
    06-19-16 07:08 PM
    my screenshot of where i reach, i hope i attach it correctly
    Attached Thumbnails Android runtime update advice?-img_20160620_000422.jpg  
    06-19-16 07:11 PM
    Well, I am at a loss then
    I'm not sure why your Passport wont link into BBW correctly.

You are having the Android app uninstall issue, correct?
    • Try an uninstall an Amazon or Google Play app, the app icon deletes, but the Amazon or Google Play store apps still show it as installed and then crash.

That is the reason for the fix Android runtime.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-19-16 07:23 PM
    Thank you

Indeed, I have followed all the steps meticulously

1. Looked up my bb browser calld browser in blue color.
    2. Found the settings and greyed the desktop mode button
    3. I had emailed the link to this site and opened this site from my mobile in mobile version, and followed the very same links

but I am continuously being taken to blackberry world. I cannot get to the app, that you see.
    Click the link directly from the BlackBerry browser - do not copy it from your computer.
    06-19-16 07:52 PM
    Well, I am at a loss then
    I'm not sure why your Passport wont link into BBW correctly.

You are having the Android app uninstall issue, correct?
    • Try an uninstall an Amazon or Google Play app, the app icon deletes, but the Amazon or Google Play store apps still show it as installed and then crash.

That is the reason for the fix Android runtime.
    I don't have any google products

that was the whole point of my visiting this platform for help

Cobalts files don't work, not a single one

so I took on someones advise to update, even that is not working.

I don't have any other issues with my passport

My snap was working perfectly but my whatsapp stopped downloading or sending images and other files. This is why I decided to delete whatsapp and reinstall, and I discovered that whatsapp wouldn't work anymore. I am using another w.app from blackberry world without troubles. I however had a second one installed through snap which wouldn't function anymore after reinstallation

so I decided to delete snap, on reinstalling snap, even that wouldn't work!

So I decided to turn to cobalt. I had seen his posts whilst working on snap but I felt snap was straightfoward and organised, so I didn't pursue it at the time.

even I am at a loss.

I suspect my only final solution is to reinstall my blackberry to factory settings and start from the very beginning.
    06-19-16 08:07 PM
    Click the link directly from the BlackBerry browser - do not copy it from your computer.
    Thank you. That is what I have been doing. I have never copied and pasted. I click links directly from my phone, in mobile mode browser, blackberrys own browser
    06-19-16 08:08 PM
    Cobalts files don't work, not a single one
    I'm not sure what this statement means. How would you know?

You can't install any of the apps out of sequence, so if the first one doesn't work (login 4.3.3), then you can't get through that gate which means you don't know whether the other apps work or not.

Anyway, you can't even get to that without fixing the Runtime and deleting previous Cobalt remnants.

You are on OS2876 (sw2836), correct?

Try this link again. If you can't get past this, there is no point trying anything else.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/39879918
    06-19-16 08:20 PM
    I'm not sure what this statement means. How would you know?
    I mean nothing works for me. I know it because it isn't working! I downloaded all of them, none of them works. They may be intertwined but there is little point to the whole thing, if there is no solution to issues, is there. I couldn't say any of them works when it doesn't!

I never had a day's problem with snap. I miss snap. It was easy peasy, whilst it lasted. I hope they fix it asap.

Ill try but I might just get my blackberry to its factory setting and see if that works, if not I'll wait for snap to get their product in order.
    06-19-16 09:39 PM
    You are on OS2876 (sw2836), correct?
    passport
    Thank you
    06-19-16 09:42 PM
    I mean nothing works for me. I know it because it isn't working! I downloaded all of them, none of them works. They may be intertwined but there is little point to the whole thing, if there is no solution to issues, is there. I couldn't say any of them works when it doesn't!

I never had a day's problem with snap. I miss snap. It was easy peasy, whilst it lasted. I hope they fix it asap.

Ill try but I might just get my blackberry to its factory setting and see if that works, if not I'll wait for snap to get their product in order.
    Snap is gone forever.

Cobalt's solution is far easier - no sideloading required. Tap on the three apk files and you're done. Takes just a few minutes.

The problem you have is with your Android Runtime - not Cobalt's solution.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-19-16 10:38 PM

The write-up includes a link to the two files you need, to update your runtime. Since you used Snap, I have to assume you have a computer at your disposal. I've uploaded the two files to my Dropbox, in order to simplify this. Download them from here, unzip them, and install them on your phone. Be sure to allow downgrades, so they will install. Then go to Cobalt's App Landing Page, download the required files (you'll need a computer to do this), transfer them to your phone's storage (internal or SD card), and install them in the order he has them listed. Follow the instructions, and you will have Google Play Store working on your phone.
    06-19-16 10:55 PM
    I don't have any google products
    Most confusing thing you've said. Why did you have Snap, or need Google Play Store, if you've never installed an android app?
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-19-16 11:01 PM
    Thank you
    Be sure to allow downgrades,
    Sorry what does this mean, thanks
    06-20-16 12:15 AM
    Thank you Sorry what does this mean, thanks
    Whether using Sachesi (preferred) or another method to install bar files, you need to allow downgrading of the files on your phone, since the runtime files that fix your issue are older than the ones you have installed.
    06-20-16 12:20 AM
    Most confusing thing you've said. Why did you have Snap, or need Google Play Store, if you've never installed an android app?
    well all this is confusing for me, no need to pick on all that, ignore if it doesnt suit you

When I said I don't have google products, I meant cobalts google products, google play store, or account etc. I haven't used any of that before. Frankly I wouldn't have needed it if google play store hadn't started monopolising all the apps.

you are also wrong to be dismissive about snap. They are here to stay, they have a lot for popularity unlike cobalt's.

Snap needs to catch up, and they will.

cobalts is actually simple but it is presented in a complicated way and populated with jargons. Snap was free of all that.
    06-20-16 12:25 AM
    I hadn't said anything about Snap, but it is inferior to Cobalt's solution.
    06-20-16 12:31 AM
109 123 ...