Thank you but please tell me should I turn off development mode after reloading, before switching off my phone?
    06-20-16 07:17 PM
    Thank you but please tell me should I turn off development mode after reloading, before switching off my phone?
    You might as well, not that it matters.
    06-20-16 07:20 PM
    Thank you, I have sucessfully reloaded the files. Switched off my phone. I will turn it on after 10 minutes.

After that I start with Cobalt files?
    06-20-16 07:26 PM
    Thank you, I have sucessfully reloaded the files. Switched off my phone. I will turn it on after 10 minutes.

After that I start with Cobalt files?
    I think you're doing this on purpose now. Lol.

I said reboot device and THEN wait 10 minutes before you touch the device.
    Mecca EL and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    06-20-16 07:31 PM
    I think you're doing this on purpose now. Lol. .
    I cannot afford such nonsense

trust me, I haven't even started with cobalt, I am already fed up, big time!
    06-20-16 08:00 PM
    anyway I waited for 10 minutes. now?
    06-20-16 08:01 PM
    After the phone has rebooted, yes.
    06-20-16 08:06 PM
    cobalts google file still not installing. it says cannot instal
    06-20-16 08:20 PM
    do I use the same snap method to install or mobile itself please?
    06-20-16 08:20 PM
    cobalts google file still not installing. it says cannot instal
    Use Ghost Commander to erase your previous installs.

Priv STV100-1 AAF153 / Q5SQR100-1/10.3.3.746
    06-20-16 08:22 PM
    I downloaded ghost commander. But I am lost as to how to find the files.. When I do any search, it says invalid path. I wonder how to use it.
    06-20-16 08:25 PM
    I downloaded ghost commander. But I am lost as to how to find the files.. When I do any search, it says invalid path. I wonder how to use it.
    Select "Applications".

Delete BlackBerry Google ID, Google Account Manager, Google Play Services, Google Play Store. If they are listed.

Priv STV100-1 AAF153 / Q5SQR100-1/10.3.3.746
    bb2016 likes this.
    06-20-16 08:38 PM
    thanks!

wow that is a great app! I removed almost all. I couldn;t remove something called cmd, it looked like one of cobalts files but it wouldn't uninstall.

Now do I install the first file, google, like we do snap (Sideloading) or directly from the phone please? Thanks
    06-20-16 09:02 PM
    thanks!

wow that is a great app! I removed almost all. I couldn;t remove something called cmd, it looked like one of cobalts files but it wouldn't uninstall.

Now do I install the first file, google, like we do snap (Sideloading) or directly from the phone please? Thanks
    You shouldn't go erasing what you don't know. The ones I listed are the ONLY Cobalt apps.

You don't sideload apk files.
    06-20-16 09:09 PM
    thanks!

As previously stated, you download the files from your PC, transfer them to your phone's storage, then access them through your phone's file manager and click to install.

Also, as conite said...
    DO NOT DELETE ANY FILE USING GHOST COMMANDER WE DIDN'T RECOMMEND.

PS - You probably should remove Ghost Commander, before it gets you in a hot, sticky mess.
    06-20-16 09:12 PM
    You're not going to believe this, I have finally smoothly and successfuly downloaded all three files.

Im struggling a wee bit with watsap but it will be fixed soon. I must check if snap is working as well whilst at it.

By the way thank you all very much for everything.

Specially to Conite xxxx

Now I must scoot off, fix watsapp and catch up with friends, Ive missed them 48-72 hours due to w.app problems!

Many thanks again and all the best, keep up your great work
    BigBadWulf and Mecca EL like this.
    06-20-16 09:31 PM
    Conite is an amazing member! Usually, he gets the ship righted in one post though. I think he's off his game.
    06-20-16 09:39 PM
    I actually came back to thank you because you devised the drop box file for me, but for that I wouldnt have had a resolution. Truth be said, I remembered you as a moderator, not the name, sorry hun x many thanks for everything xxxx

PS: ive fixed wa.pp but my google play services is playing up (pun not intended!) so I have uninstalled it and reinstalling it again. Ghost app is an absolute treasure!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-20-16 10:11 PM
    Hello everyone, I forgot to ask you something.

Do I update blackberry or leave things as they are? The notifications keep reminding me to update the software.

Many thanks in advance
    06-21-16 09:47 PM
    Can we get a screenshot for clarity?
    06-21-16 10:02 PM

Do I update blackberry or leave things as they are? The notifications keep reminding me to update the software.

Many thanks in advance
    It wants to put back the buggy Runtime. Ignore it.
    bb2016 likes this.
    06-21-16 10:11 PM

Many thanks in advance
    Basically, in order to get around the issues you were having getting the updated Android Runtime from BlackBerry World you were instructed to download and install an older version that didn't have the bugs that the version you had on your BlackBerry did have.

As such, the built in Software Update is seeing that you have this older version and it trying to "upgrade" it back to the bugged version you did have.
    If you let the Software Update do this, you will have to go back a redo all you have done up to now in order to revert back to a non-bugged version.
    So, do not let the Software Update run, turn it off in Settings/Software Updates/Options/Switch Off "Automatically Download and Install Software Updates" by moving the switch icon to the left which greys it out.
    If it is already off then that means it had been left on during the first steps of installing the older Android Runtime, the instructions were to make sure that switch was off before you started all the steps to install the older version to avoid this.

You will need to keep the Updates turned off and Ignoring the prompts to "upgrade" until you either manage to get the corrected Android Runtime from BBW or until a newer OS version is released that has the corrected runtime built in.
    bb2016 likes this.
    06-22-16 04:30 AM
    runtime last update: Feb/2016 ?? it�s a clownery
    06-23-16 07:46 AM
    Thanks All

I have just left it at it.

@ moderator. I just get notification to update

I have this strange thing coming up on my system whenever I find a hotspot. the latest version had fixed it. Now it has returned

But Im pleased the way I have downgraded and fixed app issues. My w.app is near perfect now. i have two w.apps running on my passport.

My blackberry w.app is not good, I cannot adjust many features

other app from play store is good but it is not uploading images, but I can download media.

google play services is just not installing, might explain why my apps are not fully functional
    06-24-16 10:29 AM
    Thanks All

I have just left it at it.

@ moderator. I just get notification to update

I have this strange thing coming up on my system whenever I find a hotspot. the latest version had fixed it. Now it has returned

But Im pleased the way I have downgraded and fixed app issues. My w.app is near perfect now. i have two w.apps running on my passport.

My blackberry w.app is not good, I cannot adjust many features

other app from play store is good but it is not uploading images, but I can download media.

google play services is just not installing, might explain why my apps are not fully functional
    I asked for a screenshot of the update mostly for craps an giggles. The likelihood you should do it is near 0%.

Some details on the hotspot issue would help immensely.

You've been unable to install any of Cobalt's apps?
    bb2016 likes this.
    06-24-16 02:21 PM
109 12345