Facebook recently added the ability to reply in a threaded manner, however the BB Facebook app doesn┤t support this. As a result I get notifications, but cannot see what they are unless they are on the main thread. I can view open the facebook app in the browser, but this isn┤t really ideal.
    The latest BB beta also does not support it, and people have asked in the beta forums for this functionality.

So I decided to try and use the Android version, however the version in the Amazon store is not compatible with my device. The google play / snap version simply starts up and disappears. Has anyone had any joy getting this to work?

Using a Passport with 10.3.1.1779
    Last edited by mietzmietz; 07-05-15 at 09:32 AM.
    07-04-15 09:43 AM
    Yup. Have same problem.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 07:44 PM
    The last time I put the android version on it worked fine but that was a year ago and on my q10 so I guess it might not work now, though this lacking feature has annoyed me my biggest issue is still just the amount of missing articles in my feed, it doesn't seem to matter what I do there's always things missing if i look at say the same time on my phone and laptop, I know it was even worse on older versions of the bb10 app but it's still there and it's the more important issue to fix if I had any say in it

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 09:53 AM
    The current Android FB app has not worked with BB10 in some time unfortunately. Add it to the growing list of incompatible apps because of the larger dependence on Google Play Services, and the continuing development and certification of apps for Android 5.0, while the Runtime on the current BB devices sits on antiquated 4.3.
    07-06-15 11:24 AM
    Thanks - this thing is starting to feel like my playbook, non updated apps and an ailing Android runtime :/ The only saving grace is the browser.
    07-07-15 12:00 AM
    Hopefully, the recent relationship with BlackBerry and Google will solve many of these issues. And hopefully, BlackBerry will update their Facebook app so we can see and respond to comments on comments.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    07-20-15 06:45 PM
    I sure hope they do. I┤ve since returned to iPhone and sold my Passport. It is a great machine but in the end I had just had enough of patching apps and having a substandard experience. I still have my Z10 in the drawer so if something changes in the future that makes it a bit more of a seamless experience then I can still come back :-)
    07-23-15 07:29 AM