Hey everyone! We all know and love our side-loads on BB10, but if you - like me - have a lot of them, it can be a bother to check for updates manually. Luckily there is an Android app which works very wel as a side-load!
    I will only link the Google Play links here, you can convert and load them yourself with your own preferred method. It comes in two flavours:
    Update Notifier: Crowd Edition:
    This one checks your installed android apps against other users, instead of just Google Play. This means it will also see some beta versions, or even apps that are not on GP anymore. Results are sorted by Device or Android version.
    App Update Notifier:
    This one checks against Google Play directly, and only shows results by Android Version.

I prefer the Crowd Edition, because it seems to catch more updates. Like the name suggests, it works better when more people use it. However I have both side-loaded, because sometimes they find different results. It may not work for all apps, but with both of them installed it works pretty well for me. You can also toggle on/off which apps you want to check (BBWorld ports also show up, so uncheck them)!
    Both apps have an auto-check interval (anywhere between 1h and 24h), and sends a notification to the Hub when updates are found.
    This does not auto-update apps, it only tells you for which apps updates are available, so you no longer need to check it yourself.
    10-09-13 05:50 PM
    Oh how cool is that! Thanks for sharing and posting!
    10-10-13 12:07 PM
    Hey everyone! We all know and love our side-loads on BB10, but if you - like me - have a lot of them, it can be a bother to check for updates manually. Luckily there is an Android app which works very wel as a side-load!
    I will only link the Google Play links here, you can convert and load them yourself with your own preferred method. It comes in two flavours:
    Update Notifier: Crowd Edition:
    This one checks your installed android apps against other users, instead of just Google Play. This means it will also see some beta versions, or even apps that are not on GP anymore. Results are sorted by Device or Android version.
    App Update Notifier:
    This one checks against Google Play directly, and only shows results by Android Version.

I prefer the Crowd Edition, because it seems to catch more updates. Like the name suggests, it works better when more people use it. However I have both side-loaded, because sometimes they find different results. It may not work for all apps, but with both of them installed it works pretty well for me. You can also toggle on/off which apps you want to check (BBWorld ports also show up, so uncheck them)!
    Both apps have an auto-check interval (anywhere between 1h and 24h), and sends a notification to the Hub when updates are found.
    This does not auto-update apps, it only tells you for which apps updates are available, so you no longer need to check it yourself.
    Do u happen to have an apk for either? The chrome extension apk downloader doesn't seem to wanna work anymore, neither does my apk leecher lol maybe I didn't pay them enough

Posted via my AzzazzinBerry (STL100-3/10.2.0.1761)
    10-10-13 08:00 PM
    Nevermind I got it, I figured out how I broke my leecher lol works nice even tells you if your app is a higher version than online lol
    10-10-13 08:56 PM
    Any idea what the numbers are in brackets after the app version? As you can see, it shows them as updates just cuz those numbers are off
    Android Apps update check-img_20131340.png

Posted via my AzzazzinBerry (STL100-3/10.2.0.1761 with a few 10.2.1.575 tweaks)
    10-15-13 08:09 PM
    Any idea what the numbers are in brackets after the app version? As you can see, it shows them as updates just cuz those numbers are off
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131340.png 
Views:	331 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	210900

Posted via my AzzazzinBerry (STL100-3/10.2.0.1761 with a few 10.2.1.575 tweaks)
    afaik its a build number
    10-15-13 09:33 PM
    thanks! works for playbook also fyi

Sent from an ATM
    No trees were harmed during the making of this message
    Last edited by nappp; 10-15-13 at 10:58 PM.
    10-15-13 09:48 PM