I've deleted a few android apps and tools etc. For example a few android keyboards to use with Snapchat and a few android launchers. But even after deleting them, they still seem to be running in the background, and I'm concerned about the memory and battery use they're using. Any way I can 100% make sure they're deleted?

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 07:18 PM
    Hold the top buttom untill you see the BB loading screen - don't tap reboot at the count down screen.

After that, see if there is anything.

You could also use the chrome plugin or Sachesi to make sure.
    02-03-14 07:26 PM
    Are you sure they are still running? Or just in the history?

For example if I use Snapchat for 2 hours and it uses 25% battery, then delete I snapchat, even though it's gone.. app manager would still show Snapchat has used 25% battery.

Same with the processor...

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 07:27 PM
    This is still an open question and there seems to be some conflicting opinions, but by default the most foolproof way to delete an Android app is to use Device Manager/Storage tab, select app and delete from there.

Some report this does not work fully either. I know that using the App management tool int the Android settings app (I launch it from Ghost Commander) doesn't work for some reason either.
    02-03-14 08:30 PM
    Are you sure they are still running? Or just in the history?

For example if I use Snapchat for 2 hours and it uses 25% battery, then delete I snapchat, even though it's gone.. app manager would still show Snapchat has used 25% battery.

Same with the processor...

Posted via CB10
    Noo, like for example I've deleted a few different android launchers, but when I open an android app it still gives me the option to open it with the launchers I've deleted. And on the launcher I now use, it has the apps I've deleted already and keyboards I've deleted already

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 08:43 PM
    Noo, like for example I've deleted a few different android launchers, but when I open an android app it still gives me the option to open it with the launchers I've deleted. And on the launcher I now use, it has the apps I've deleted already and keyboards I've deleted already

They may just be orphaned links. Do they work if you try to launch them?
    02-03-14 08:50 PM
    They do. They magically come back. It's an issue with the OS, which again makes me wonder wth BB released what was once a leaked OS as an official OS but whatever. OP, deleting them through the settings is a 'safer' bet for deleting them. Setting>App Manager>Device Monitor. Tap on the app you want to delete and scroll to the bottom. Tap on the trash can. I have no idea why this way is more reliable but it is.
    02-03-14 09:11 PM
    What's an orphaned link?.. and yeah they still open, but not as smoothly

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 09:15 PM
    They do. They magically come back. It's an issue with the OS, which again makes me wonder wth BB released what was once a leaked OS as an official OS but whatever.
    I think this has been an issue for a while. My phone is full and System is taking up about half my storage. 8GB!! I've got all my files on an SD card, and so the only thing on my phone are my apps, and that only takes about half the phone. The remaining half I suspect are sideloaded apps that got orphaned and space not reclaimed when they were deleted. I also noticed app permission settings for apps that I've already deleted. Definitely something wrong with the way the databases are recording stuff.
    02-03-14 09:16 PM
    Maybe it's time we all stop kidding ourselves and just get a real android phone, then there's non of this nonsense at least

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 09:28 PM
    It's an issue with the OS, which again makes me wonder wth BB released what was once a leaked OS as an official OS but whatever.
    If a bug is found then it has nothing to do with the OS in question having been leaked at some point along the way. Every so-called "official" OS had the potential to be leaked during its development and testing. What actually goes public is nothing more than a test OS with the least amount of flaws for that particular software branch. Whether they're leaked early by those who have access to testing them is irrelevant in determining their ultimate stability.

The question isn't which OS is the most stable but instead which OS is the least unstable.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 10:54 PM
    Are you using 1mobile? I found that would run in the background and download everything I deleted, but that was back on 1055 so I let it slide

Flicked on my Z30 or crushed on my Q5!
    02-03-14 10:58 PM
    Are you using 1mobile? I found that would run in the background and download everything I deleted, but that was back on 1055 so I let it slide

Yeah I've still got 1mobile, I've found that on there it still says apps I've deleted are still installed but it doesn't say that on any other markets I have.

Also, I've restarted my phone, and now all the apps I've deleted are back on my blackberry home screen as well! :/.. really annoying me now

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 09:05 AM
    I've deleted a few android apps and tools etc. For example a few android keyboards to use with Snapchat and a few android launchers. But even after deleting them, they still seem to be running in the background, and I'm concerned about the memory and battery use they're using. Any way I can 100% make sure they're deleted?

Posted via CB10
    Running 10.2.1 use App Monitor/storage. Open the app then tap delete. Or use any sideload tool.
    02-04-14 09:07 AM
    Running 10.2.1 use App Monitor/storage. Open the app then tap delete. Or use any sideload tool.
    I've done that, but some don't even have the option to delete. And all the ones I've already deleted have now come back onto my home screen

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 09:42 AM
    Try getting rid of 1 mobile

02-04-14 11:30 AM
    They do. They magically come back. It's an issue with the OS, which again makes me wonder wth BB released what was once a leaked OS as an official OS but whatever. OP, deleting them through the settings is a 'safer' bet for deleting them. Setting>App Manager>Device Monitor. Tap on the app you want to delete and scroll to the bottom. Tap on the trash can. I have no idea why this way is more reliable but it is.
    ^this

Has been an issue in various versions of the OS.
    Used to fill up other data
    Use device monitor to delete. I've had next to no issues when deleting this way.
    02-04-14 01:29 PM
    I've done that, but some don't even have the option to delete. And all the ones I've already deleted have now come back onto my home screen

Posted via CB10
    This works too. I've used the chrome extension to remove pesky sideloads too.
    02-04-14 01:31 PM
    Well I've never seen a deleted app behave this way but since Bla1ze just confirmed it, I guess it's worth reporting.
    02-04-14 01:36 PM
    I am surprised nobody mentioned a BB app called TaskManager that was designed for killing or ignoring Android apps and it does it very well.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 12:25 AM
    Task manager stops the deleted app from running in the background. Then, the deleted apps keep popping up and start to run again in the background...ie 1mobile and the Simpsons game. It's very annoying.
    02-05-14 09:13 AM
    Used to have this issue in 1055. Deleted 1mobile and never use that again.
    No more issue.

..for me of course.

Posted via Awesome Astro flying10.2.1.1925 on CB10. For a regular dose of Quotes, subscribe C001190A9 .
    02-05-14 09:22 AM
    Task manager stops the deleted app from running in the background. Then, the deleted apps keep popping up and start to run again in the background...ie 1mobile and the Simpsons game. It's very annoying.
    The simpsons game running in the background??
    Maybe because you didn't turn off push notifications within the app.
    Otherwise,it doesn't run in the background.
    02-05-14 10:01 AM