Hi all,

It's my first week using 10.3.1.1565 after getting my BlackBerry Z10 back from their service center.
    I've noticed that a lot of Android Apps (but not all of them) which are internet enabled are now unable to access the internet under the Android Emulator included in 10.3.1.

I can personally confirm that these apps were able to connect to the internet under 10.2.1's Android Emulator.
    A little backstory - about a week ago, I started this topic here: Agent Alice - partially working on my Z10, how do I get it working to it's fullest?
    Wooga (Developer of Agent Alice) responded with a generic response.
    I initially though the problem outlined in this topic was because of the lack of Google Play services. But now I think the issue is with the Android Emulator included in 10.3.1.

These apps are internet enabled and worked correctly under the 10.2.1 emulator, this is what happens under the 10.3.1 emulator:

Ookla's Speedtest.net - Error when starting "Oh no. Sorry something went wrong. We're pretty sure uninstalling and reinstalling will fix the problem." - Fixed by installing the version from the Amazon Appstore.

Toontown Rewritten - "Something went wrong while trying to load the news. It must be the cogs!"

Snapchat (old version) - "The server is unavailable. Please try again later." - Now connects to the server but requires me to update the Snapchat version to log in or create an account. The latest version of Snapchat enforces Google Play services and can't be used on the BlackBerry Android emulator.

Flick Kick Football (OpenFeint component) - "You are offline. Oops! Something went wrong. We can't connect to the server right now. Please try again later." - OpenFeint terminated its service at the end of 2012.

And of course... Agent Alice - When completing the first episode, the app attempts to download the 2nd episode's data and fails "You need an internet connection to download additional content." - Latest version of the game crashes when launching with "Unfortunately, Agent Alice has stopped working.", don't suppose Wooga are going to be kind and release it on the Amazon Appstore...

If anybody is still running 10.2.1, can you try these apps to see if they work for you.
    I've manually wiped and reloaded 10.3.1.1565 immediately after getting my Z10 back and all of the apps were installed fresh, i.e. not "updated".
    Also I'm using 3G/4G as my Z10's primary internet connection, it's never been joined to Wi-Fi, because the Z10 can't use our proxy server.

Any other suggestions to fix these issues are welcome.
    Last edited by Someone7272; 04-12-15 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Additional information added. Updated again.
    03-13-15 07:23 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=943383 this might help you I think.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 07:28 AM
    Thanks, forgot to mention that I've already tried these kind of apps but they did not fix the problem.
    I don't think mobile connection being disabled for Android is the problem because some Android apps do work correctly, and I just tested the problem apps using my college's Wi-Fi, and the issues are the same as when using 3G/4G.
    03-13-15 07:33 AM
    I am having that issue too. The fix isn't working for me. Older apps work (SigAlert Traffic app) , while updated ones (Waze) do not. Reboots and toggling networks, airplane modes etc., aren't doing the trick. Any other ideas?
    03-13-15 08:13 AM
    I had the same problem so now I'm using mobogenie it's better

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 09:11 AM
    Coming from someone who used to use OpenFeint, the servers are shut down for good. They have been since 2013, I think, so that explains why Flick Flick Football's OF component doesn't work. Just a heads up for that particular app.

As for the other apps, not so sure since I haven't tried, so I'd follow the others' advice to see if that would work.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 09:28 AM
    Android assistant

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 10:09 AM
    Coming from someone who used to use OpenFeint, the servers are shut down for good. They have been since 2013, I think, so that explains why Flick Flick Football's OF component doesn't work. Just a heads up for that particular app.

As for the other apps, not so sure since I haven't tried, so I'd follow the others' advice to see if that would work.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the heads up about OpenFeint terminating its service, I actually did not know that it was discontinued at the end of 2012, I remember it working on my iPhone which didn't seem that long ago! Wow, time really flies.

I am having that issue too. The fix isn't working for me. Older apps work (SigAlert Traffic app) , while updated ones (Waze) do not. Reboots and toggling networks, airplane modes etc., aren't doing the trick. Any other ideas?
    Not really noticed this, it seems to be hit and miss. Some of the apps I've listed there date back to July last year. I'm also going to add that AdChoices adverts ALWAYS work in apps, even if other, more core functionality of the app doesn't work, so it isn't being caused by celluar data being disabled in the Android Emulator.

I had the same problem so now I'm using mobogenie it's better

Posted via CB10
    Suspicious app, I would not recommend.

Android assistant

Posted via CB10
    Already tested earlier, in this thread, did not fix the problem.
    03-13-15 02:02 PM
    Facing same problem some of the android apps are showing no network when browser n other blackberry apps are working in full swing on same internet connection. Please fix bug asp...Blackberry took so much time to launch such buggy OS 10.3.2 what a mess.

Via super Z10
    04-06-15 12:52 PM
    Download android assist......open it...then turn on mobile data.....done.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 01:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    thanks a lot it gave much relief...now all android apps are working fine. !!

Via super Z10
    04-07-15 12:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    This "fix" isn't working for me, some apps are working, especially Amazon Appstore apps but (certain) Apps that I've leeched off the play store cannot connect to the Internet, whether it's over WiFi or Data.
    04-12-15 10:43 AM
    I have same problem too

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 02:35 AM
    When ever I click the EXISTING button this is what it displays instead of connecting with my carrier network
    Attachment 360729

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 360836
    07-04-15 02:37 AM
    It all same with the Play Store and Google ID

Plsss any idea on how to fix it is totally welcomed.
    07-04-15 02:42 AM