I rarely if at all use Amazon and Underground is really a big waste of time here in Canada as we can't even access it. Never-the-less, a couple of months ago I received an update for Underground and it kept bugging me until I downloaded and installed it. Since then I've been getting an alert every other day asking me to install Underground, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. I've tried installing several times, never works; I've tried deleting the alert only to find it comes back after a few hours.

My question(s) is/are: How do I make it stop; how do I delete Amazon altogether as it's an app I never use?

Thanks in advance!
    08-09-16 07:53 AM
    I had a similar problem.
    After a Amazon Underground app update several months back, every time I would either open Amazon App Store or Amazon Underground, it would go through the update install.
    As I do use Amazon a lot, it was very troublesome.

It turns out it has a lot to do with the fact that both Amazon App Store and Amazon Underground function as app stores and are both core system files that you can't delete natively.
    Basically one of the apps would detect the update and pre-fetch it, then the other would also see the update and pre-fetch it, this all happening in the background as a system service.
    So that when ever you launched one, it would try to update, but the other one would not see this happening and attempt it's update.
    This results in each one acting independent of each other and while one updates, the other doesn't see it and tries it's attempt, causing the first one to see a "bad version" as the other is patching and attempts to update to correct it.
    Back and forth daily.

So, what I did to fix it was force uninstall one, the Amazon App Store, and just use Amazon Underground for everything.
    You can just uninstall both if you do not use them.

How To Remove Amazon stores:
    Get Ghost Commander from BlackBerry World.
    CAUTION: Ghost Commander is a very powerful system manipulating app. Do not try to use it to start uninstalling things willy-nilly, as you can extremely easily brick your device. Just follow the steps below.
    1. Launch Ghost Commander.
    2. It should open on the app's Home screen, if it does not use the Options (three dots upper right) tap Locations and then tap Home.
    3. Tap Applications.
    4. Find Amazon in the list.
    5. Long press which Amazon store you want to be deleted and choose Delete.
    6. Follow the dialog.
    7. After completing, reboot the device.

NOTE: The icon for the app will remain, this is due to it is a core system file, however the app will be uninstalled. You can move the icon into a "junk" folder, but do not "launch" it as it will then reinstall the store.
    anon(9169048) likes this.
    08-09-16 11:08 AM
    Thanks for that, I'll give it a go when I get home.

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    08-09-16 02:25 PM