I've installed most of Android Apps on my Passport through Amazon Store. But there are some I can only get through Snap. Snap apparently sees the Amazon downloaded Apps and shows them as in need of updating. Same situation occured when I has Cobalt installed, it saw Android Apps that were installed via Snap and Amazon and was showing updates through Cobalt. It all became quite confusing. So does anyone know what protocol to use if apps installed through Amazon are showing up in Snap or Cobalt in need of updating but not in Amazon.
    12-21-15 06:41 AM
    I've installed most of Android Apps on my Passport through Amazon Store. But there are some I can only get through Snap. Snap apparently sees the Amazon downloaded Apps and shows them as in need of updating. Same situation occured when I has Cobalt installed, it saw Android Apps that were installed via Snap and Amazon and was showing updates through Cobalt. It all became quite confusing. So does anyone know what protocol to use if apps installed through Amazon are showing up in Snap or Cobalt in need of updating but not in Amazon.
    SNAP/Google Play/Cobalt's Google Play are all pulling from the same app store, Google Play Store. Apps sold or distributed through there are set to use Googles API's and services.
    Amazon App Store apps are set to use Amazon's API's and services.
    As such, the same title app will have two versions, one made for Google and one made for Amazon.
    It is up to the app developer to make sure both versions are updated to the same level and up to both Google Play and Amazon App Store to publish those updates in a timely fashion.

That said, yes SNAP will see a Amazon installed apps on your device, if the title also exists in Google Play, this is a simple name check. If there is a version mismatch, SNAP will offer to update it, however it wont be able to as the next check in updating an app is to check the app license, which would then show up as Amazon. It would return an error like, "App not purchased from this store..."

If you have a free app obtained from Amazon and there is a "newer" version on Google Play (SNAP/Cobalt's), you may want to consider deleting the Amazon version and installing the Google Version, to see if it still works, as Google seems to be generally more up to date than Amazon.
    12-21-15 07:05 AM