I could find a productive post that answered this question without people making speculation or answering with no knowledge on the question at hand. This is a very simple question and should have a simple answer from actual users.

So what I want to know is exactly what is the exact Kindle tablets can BlackBerry Blend be sideloaded on?
    03-11-15 09:57 PM
    Hi,

I don't have the exact reply, but Amazon Kindle is running a customized build of Android.

As far as I know, there is no Blackberry Blend on Android

From BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.2480
    03-11-15 10:41 PM
    No go on my Fire HD 3rd Edition (the latest)
    03-11-15 10:42 PM
    Hi,

I don't have the exact reply, but Amazon Kindle is running a customized build of Android.

As far as I know, there is no Blackberry Blend on Android

There is a Blend for Android tablets but it does not seem to work on my a Kindle Fire. I have tried. . It might require 4.4.4 or 5.0 Android.
    03-11-15 10:47 PM
    There is a Blend for Android tablets but it does not seem to work on my a Kindle Fire. I have tried. . It might require 4.4.4 or 5.0 Android.
    I believe I have read somewhere it was possible to flash CyanogenMod on a Kindle Fire. If that is the case, then it would become a real Android tablet and it would works

03-13-15 12:12 AM
    Thanks everybody and thank you for giving actual answers and not sarcasm as the other guy got in his thread.

I know Amazon's Fire is a custom Android but was thinking the latest Kindle's running Android 4.4 (I think that was Fire OS 4) would work but it appears to be a no go as tested by the fella above said.

So for now I suppose I will skip on Amazon for a PlayBook replacement and Look around more before deciding on moving back to a BlackBerry.

EDIT: Also does anyone know of a safe website to download APK's free and paid?
    03-25-15 10:43 PM
    Also does anyone know of a safe website to download APK's free and paid?
    I have a Z30 on 10.3.1.1767.

Try these apps: Amazon Appstore (pre-loaded on 10.3.1, and installable on 10.2.1); Snap (accesses Google Play, install via side load); and/or 1Mobile (installable on 10.2.1 and later). You can also install a modified version of Google Play Store, but there are three files that must be installed in the stated order. Search for Google Play and Cobalt on CB. I have all of above.

If you are on 10.3.1, BlackBerry Guardian automatically checks the APK files you install. You can also install Max Mobile Security (BlackBerry World, paid), AVG Antivirus (Android, paid & free versions), Belarc Security Advisor (Android, free), and/or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Android, free). I have all installed.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 03:50 PM
    I found a website called kindleapk.com.

Put it on new fire and it works. A little slow but very good. Not sure how trustworthy the site is. I looked it up and seems ok, but not a lot of info out there.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 04:36 PM
    MPG, I've seen several references about snap. Is there a thread telling how to get and install it? Do you know whether it wants insane permission levels like most android apps do? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 03:33 AM
    Have the first kindle go to N2a and download it. It's a paid software to make your kindle a full android tablet.

WWW.N2a.com look for kindled fire not the nook tablet software

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 02:09 PM
    I believe I have read somewhere it was possible to flash CyanogenMod on a Kindle Fire. If that is the case, then it would become a real Android tablet and it would works

I was thinking seriously about getting one of the new 7" Amazon Fire tablets since they're only $49. Where could I find information on how to do this myself? I read in a post somewhere that the mod would also let you customize permissions as well. As it now stands I've never considered any device that I can't choose what I allow. I certainly wouldn't use it for anything where I put in a password! Problem is, with my Prime membership the Fire has access to a lot of streaming plus the e-books that I want it for in the 1st place. But I worry that an app could "see" the password and store it in an insecure place. Then I could find that "I" bought a bunch of stuff that I never ordered. Does anyone know about either the cyanogenmod working on the Amazon devices or whether you are able to lock down any of your info when using one?

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 04:29 PM