I received a notice that my data usage had reached my warning amount in just a few days. Looking at usage, the Amazon App Store is the culprit. It was just updated and now it is running all the time. It is uploading a lot of data. I removed permission to run minimized, but that doesn't help. I cannot seem to turn off the other permissions.
    Is anyone else seeing this? Version number I'm seeing is 1.8.15.7910.
    What the heck are they sending?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-17 10:40 PM
    I received a notice that my data usage had reached my warning amount in just a few days. Looking at usage, the Amazon App Store is the culprit. It was just updated and now it is running all the time. It is uploading a lot of data. I removed permission to run minimized, but that doesn't help. I cannot seem to turn off the other permissions.
    Is anyone else seeing this? Version number I'm seeing is 1.8.15.7910.
    What the heck are they sending?

Posted via CB10
    Do you use the App?
    If not, there is a turn around to disable it.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    11-13-17 10:06 AM
    I do use it every once in a while. I have some apps that came from the amazon app store. If I delete it can I get it back from the BlackBerry App store?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-17 10:07 PM
    I do use it every once in a while. I have some apps that came from the amazon app store. If I delete it can I get it back from the BlackBerry App store?

Posted via CB10
    You can't "delete" the Amazon Apps. Only "disable" it. Can be installed again anytime.

11-14-17 12:15 AM
    Where do I go to disable it? I can't seem to find it.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-17 09:39 PM
    Where do I go to disable it? I can't seem to find it.

Posted via CB10
    There is a workaround.
    Enable Parental controls. Disable the Amazon App store. The icon will be gone.
    Now disable parental controls. The icon will re appear but the app would need to be installed. Don't install the app and move to some folder on the homescreen that you won't access.

LConBB likes this.
    11-15-17 11:22 PM
    I haven't seen that kind of usage. Yes, Amazon recently updated their app with a new UI, but checking it's data usage on my Z10, it only used 3Mb since the beginning of the month. And that was probably the CW app that it just updated yesterday.

Although, that was all wi-fi since the phone is no longer on an active cell plan.

As to the app running, are you actually signed in with an Amazon account? If so, try logging out. It shouldn't do anything if it's logged out.
    11-15-17 11:59 PM
    My Q10 somehow lost the Amazon app store entirely! One time it kept offering to "upgrade" to the Amazon Underground app instead which I didn't want. But somehow after I denied the update enough times it vanished. Even after a factory reset I no longer seem to have an icon for the Amazon app store. I only miss it every once in a while since SO many of the apps refused to run unless I granted permission to access anything on the device, which I never allow. But the potential to maybe find a useful app once in a while would be nice to have again...

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    11-17-17 12:37 PM