I'm trying to download an apk I purchased but the app store won't begin the installation process. In fil e explorer I can see the apk was downloaded and I can tap and install from there, but I have to enable the "install from other sources". Any ideas on how to get this corrected in the Amazon app store?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 05:29 PM
    Hey There!

You would have to have enable "install from third party" in order to install apps outside of BBW.

I had the same issue, I found that certain apps, if not the entire Amazon App store were a bit sluggish or just didn't work with my version OS, which is still 10.2.1.xxx on a Q10.

It could be the version of the OS? What version are you using? Also, what app are you looking to install specifically? (Snap, I found works a bit smoother. Not too daunting to install.)

Also, try restarting your device before actually installing the apk file from your "download" folder under "File Manager"...

Please update us with your progress!

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 05:59 PM
    Hey There!

You would have to have enable "install from third party" in order to install apps outside of BBW.

I had the same issue, I found that certain apps, if not the entire Amazon App store were a bit sluggish or just didn't work with my version OS, which is still 10.2.1.xxx on a Q10.

It could be the version of the OS? What version are you using? Also, what app are you looking to install specifically? (Snap, I found works a bit smoother. Not too daunting to install.)

Also, try restarting your device before actually installing the apk file from your "download" folder under "File Manager"...

Please update us with your progress!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, but it won't allow me to download anything else because the initial file is hung at 'downloading' which forces the next app to be stuck in 'pending'.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 06:42 PM
    No problem!

Can you confirm which version OS you have? And phone?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 08:47 PM
    No problem!

Can you confirm which version OS you have? And phone?

Posted via CB10

Passport SE

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 09:31 PM
    I hear there have been bugs and problems with the latest version of BlackBerry OS and Passport.

I would double check if I have the latest version of the Amazon App store installed or if there's an update--sometimes that may provide a fix. Is it possible to un-install the A-App Store, then manually re-install? If so, that too might provide a fix.

If still to no avail, start a new thread with your OS system and BlackBerry Model in title/question to perhaps get a quicker response, in addition to searching the forums (here or BlackBerry support site, itself) or search engine to see if similar problems have arose, with your model and OS...

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 09:49 PM