Why is it when trying to install any App through the Amazon app store it requests device identifiers, location etc. You are not allowed to pick and choose but have to give a blanket accept to all or decline and close the app.

When installing apps through BlackBerry World you are able to choose individually as to whether an app can have your pin or location say.

From a security point of view I'm not happy to give a yes to all my identifiers being handed over. Is there any solution to this?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 08:14 AM
    Well according to Android Central, Google is thinking of making changes for the app permissions to allow users to manage individual app permissions. It's on their website and since Amazon is an Android app, it makes sense.
    05-08-15 10:27 PM
    I use some sideloaded Android Apps, with each of them, I can disable several access requests with an App called "Permission Manager".
    Yesterday, I tried to use the Amazon App Store for the first time and I noticed, that the App store app itself requests access to my location. But unlike other apps, I cannot turn it off. Does anybody know a method of doing so? Or is this not possible as Blackberry integrated the Amazon app store app into BB10 (no deletion possible)?
    06-29-15 09:51 AM
    I use some sideloaded Android Apps, with each of them, I can disable several access requests with an App called "Permission Manager".
    Yesterday, I tried to use the Amazon App Store for the first time and I noticed, that the App store app itself requests access to my location. But unlike other apps, I cannot turn it off. Does anybody know a method of doing so? Or is this not possible as Blackberry integrated the Amazon app store app into BB10 (no deletion possible)?
    Amazon requires your location. They have different legal requirements they have to follow in each country.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2252
    06-29-15 09:52 AM
    They don't need my location to follow them as they obviously don't need it when I buy stuff from their site (ip address should be sufficient). It's sad to see Blackberry include these two apps (Amazon app store and "normal" store app) which are basically spyware. When using them, there is not much difference to use an Android phone with Play services active.

...and John Chen doesn't even care.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-chen-1025318/
    07-02-15 10:19 AM