Just upgraded to 10.3 and searching for Neflix on the Amazon App shows no results. Anybody know why and how can I get it?
    07-07-15 09:12 AM
    and if you try and go to Apple Store?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    07-07-15 09:14 AM
    Just Apples there, no peaches

Via Pasta CB10
    07-07-15 09:19 AM
    and if you try and go to Apple Store?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    BlackBerry users do not have access to Apple Store Einstein!

Rock'n the most Awesomest Z30!
    07-07-15 01:03 PM
    Copy the apk over from either the Google or Amazon store. It will work. Requires you to jump through the hoop of getting the apk, but yeah.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 01:22 PM
    Just either sideload Snap, download and install Cobalt's Google Play Store, or search Mobogenie on your browser, download and install the apk. Any of these options will give you access to Netflix.

07-07-15 02:31 PM
    BlackBerry phones have been blocked from accessing Netflix, and several other apps in the Amazon App store. That started back in the beginning of the year. There was a long thread at the time listing the apps that were suddenly unavailable to us. It started with Netflix. Amazon says the developer decides what devices can access their apps, and Netflix purposely blocked BlackBerry.

I get it from the Google Play Store through Snap. Yes, it wants Google Play Services, but it's not required to continue running, so I just ignore the warning message.

The Amazon App store actually identifies the BlackBerry phone, while Snap does not.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 02:31 PM
    Thanks for the back ground, I must have missed it. I did have it loaded via snap a while ago but that version just stopped working.
    07-07-15 03:03 PM
    I've downloaded the latest version of Netflix via Snap and haven't notice a Google Play Service Message yet.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 08:11 PM
    BlackBerry phones have been blocked from accessing Netflix, and several other apps in the Amazon App store. That started back in the beginning of the year. There was a long thread at the time listing the apps that were suddenly unavailable to us. It started with Netflix. Amazon says the developer decides what devices can access their apps, and Netflix purposely blocked BlackBerry.

I get it from the Google Play Store through Snap. Yes, it wants Google Play Services, but it's not required to continue running, so I just ignore the warning message.

The Amazon App store actually identifies the BlackBerry phone, while Snap does not.

Posted via CB10
    That's strange that the version you got from Snap wants Google Play Services. I updated mine using Cobalt's Google Play Store app, and I don't get any requests for Google Play Services. It just works perfectly without a hitch, as if it was native.

07-07-15 10:24 PM
    Every time I start Netflix up, I get this...

Amazon App Store - No Netflix?-img_20150708_162207.png

But then I just hit the "OK", and the dialog goes away, and everything runs fine afterwards.

The box will pop back up anytime I go back to that main screen, but I just dismiss it and it continues to work normally.

I could patch it with Cobalt's Gmaps patcher, and have done it with past versions, but it updates so often, and it doesn't affect the ability to actually run, so I just don't bother anymore.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 04:27 PM
    You could also just copy the Netflix apk from the Amazon app store which obviously doesn't use Google play services. For me this is easy because I have an old tablet with both app stores installed and I can just copy over whatever apk I want.

Still don't know why you'd want to watch video on such a tiny screen but I guess there are edge cases where you'd have access to WiFi but not a tablet screen or something.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 06:43 PM
    Y

Still don't know why you'd want to watch video on such a tiny screen but I guess there are edge cases where you'd have access to WiFi but not a tablet screen or something.

Posted via CB10
    I play on TV through hdmi
    07-08-15 06:55 PM
    You could also just copy the Netflix apk from the Amazon app store which obviously doesn't use Google play services. For me this is easy because I have an old tablet with both app stores installed and I can just copy over whatever apk I want.

Posted via CB10
    I don't have any other method of getting Netflix from the Amazon App Store. I don't have any other android device other than an original Kindle Fire - and it hides the downloads just as it does on the BlackBerry.

But, as I said, it still works fine, so it's no big deal.

Why do I have it on my small screen? Well, you see, I have a 6 year old who is quite the handful. He can watch his shows to keep him calm when I'm doing things like grocery shopping and he's with me.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 08:01 PM
    Uh, this is July 2015

Google play store,
    As easy as downloading from BBW

Q10 on 10.3.2.2204
    07-08-15 08:09 PM
    If you were the lucky few to download it first, you still have access to it.

Posted from Neverland!
    07-08-15 08:14 PM
    Uh, this is July 2015

Google play store,
    As easy as downloading from BBW

Q10 on 10.3.2.2204
    Is this something that comes with OS 10.3.2? Because I can't find it on BBW, and I'm on 10.3.1.

07-08-15 08:26 PM
    This is very strange that the copy of Netflix you downloaded from the same store front that I did is requesting Google Services, but mine is not. Is it possible that your Android GSFID is off, and it's telling Google that your device doesn't support Google Services.

07-08-15 08:29 PM
    Is it possible that your Android GSFID is off, and it's telling Google that your device doesn't support Google Services.

I don't have that even loaded on my phone. I have the patched Google play services app, which would be fine if I patched the Netflix app.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 10:04 PM
    I don't have that even loaded on my phone. I have the patched Google play services app, which would be fine if I patched the Netflix app.

Posted via CB10
    If you're using Snap, or Cobalt's Google Play Store, then there is an Android GSFID associated to your phone. That's the only way that Google would allow you to download and install their apps is if they are tricked into believing that the app is running on an Android device.

07-08-15 10:35 PM
    Yeah, I do know that.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 11:03 AM
    Since the upgrade Snap shows this when I try to download anything

Error retrieving information from the server.
    07-09-15 01:08 PM