Last week, my phone updated to 10.3.2.544 midday. I didn't notice until later that the Amazon App Store is gone from my phone. The app icon is no longer where it was on my home screen and I cannot find it in the file manager. The apps that I had downloaded via the Amazon App Store will not work (Spotify, Chase Mobile, etc.). Not exactly sure how to get the Amazon App Store back or why it went away. Short of completely resetting the phone, I don't know what else might work. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 09:20 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

If all else is working well, just reinstall the Amazon App Store.

The Amazon App
    07-03-15 06:19 AM
    Last week, my phone updated to 10.3.2.544 midday. I didn't notice until later that the Amazon App Store is gone from my phone. The app icon is no longer where it was on my home screen and I cannot find it in the file manager. The apps that I had downloaded via the Amazon App Store will not work (Spotify, Chase Mobile, etc.). Not exactly sure how to get the Amazon App Store back or why it went away. Short of completely resetting the phone, I don't know what else might work. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    Is it possible that this is BlackBerry's move to remove the runtime from BlackBerry 10, so that they can comply with the OHA? If so, we should change our update settings so that our phones don't update automatically until it has been proven otherwise.

Rock'n the most Awesomest Z30!
    07-03-15 07:35 AM
    Is it possible that this is BlackBerry's move to remove the runtime from BlackBerry 10, so that they can comply with the OHA? If so, we should change our update settings so that our phones don't update automatically until it has been proven otherwise.

Why should blackberry remove the android runtime.
    Where can I find a news about that?
    If it's true BlackBerry can pay me money back

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    07-03-15 11:15 AM
    Hmm ... I know that when I switched devices, the Amazon icon was different and was not in the same location. I assume this is not your issue since you are not able to use the Amazon apps you have already downloaded.

You either need to reintall it, or restore it from a backup (assuming you have a backup)
    07-03-15 11:22 AM
    Why should blackberry remove the android runtime.
    Where can I find a news about that?
    If it's true BlackBerry can pay me money back

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    BlackBerry would not be allowed to enter the Open Handset Alliance (OHA) without removing the Android runtime from all existing BlackBerry 10 devices, because it uses Android code against OHA policy. Now unless BlackBerry is using an Android branch OS, which I can't see as putting them any further ahead, they would have to join the OHA to use Google's official Android OS in any BlackBerry branded device.

07-03-15 11:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    I would try doing a factory restore of the OS using BlackBerry Link on your PC rather than over the air, and then do the update through Link as well. A lot of times the install are more stable and bug free that way.

07-03-15 11:33 AM