For the record, I have the Seidio case and holster combo. I don't like the case so much but love having the holster so I live with it. With that said, some of the women I work with can't stop laughing when they see me with it on. They go on to say that holsters are a thing of the 90's and it looks like it's aging me 20 years.

I just tell them that it suits me, and I don't really care what others think.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 07:14 AM
    For the record, I have the Seidio case and holster combo. I don't like the case so much but love having the holster so I live with it. With that said, some of the women I work with can't stop laughing when they see me with it on. They go on to say that holsters are a thing of the 90's and it looks like it's aging me 20 years.

I just tell them that it suits me, and I don't really care what others think.

Posted via CB10
    After all, we ARE using a--- "wait, is that a BlackBerry?? Oh wow, they still make phones?"

Plus all you have to tell people is that all radiation safety ratings are measured assuming a separation from the skin equivalent to the thickness of a holster+beltclip, which means that all the "cool" kids keeping their phones in their pockets because they care what others think are basically slowly frying their... umm... important parts?

I'm kidding, that doesn't really work,.. most people that carry phones in their pockets because they care what others think are most likely indifferent to safety, radiation exposure, think it will never affect them, think smoking/drinking/drugs won't affect them, etc.

(or maybe they just can't afford a holster).

Posted via CB10
    lpthomasson likes this.
    01-23-15 07:37 AM
    I purchased the Seidio case + holster combo from Crackberry. This phone gets tons of attention, not once has anyone commented on the holster.

Noone cares how you carry it, and if they do the hell with em.

Besides, it's a tough phone to put down, so in most cases, it's not in the holster.

Clicked & Flicked from my beastly white BlackBerry Passport OS 10.3.1.1154
    01-23-15 07:49 AM
    I say go for it. I have one for my Q10 works great.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 06:29 AM
    I hope so, I carry TWO phones, both holstered.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 06:59 AM
    Atlanta Georgia

Plenty of people wear holsters. I wear a LG Gflex bolstered. Never been teased.

!
    02-08-15 08:46 AM
    I get a lot of grief wearing a holster in the office, but my Springfield Armory 1911 .45ACP doesn't fit in any of my pockets.
    medic22003 and outlib like this.
    02-13-15 01:02 PM
    Seriously, I use a Seidio snap in holster for my Z10 when wearing business attire. I like it for riding in airplanes. Can rotate and clip onto the seat back to watch video.

What I really want is a right thigh side pocket built into men's slacks. If you've worn Carhart pants, then you know it's a convenient place for a phone and its big enough for a passport.
    Last edited by Tim-ANC; 02-13-15 at 02:22 PM.
    02-13-15 01:07 PM
    I carry my Passport in the back pocket of my jeans and have no problems. Passport is very durable.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 09:49 PM
    Lazurus arises!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 11:14 PM
    I prefer holsters, always have preferred the BlackBerry OEM Leather Swivel Holsters. That said there are times I find it difficult. To use them. Working in a hospital in a "White Coat" when my phone rings, it's often difficult to get under or through my coat to get to he device. Or when it's winter and I have an overcoat like a 3/4 wool coat, it also difficult to get to the holster. This I find myself only using the holster when I in what I call my relaxed clothes out and about when not in the hospitals.
    donemt likes this.
    03-19-15 11:37 PM
    Well since you brought it up, each to his own. I carry my phone in my pocket and my gun in a holster. Phone, gun, wallet, keys and knife. Those are things that go where I go.

With all that said, get a holster if you want it or need it. Who cares what any one else thinks.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    03-19-15 11:47 PM
    Well since you brought it up, each to his own. I carry my phone in my pocket and my gun in a holster. Phone, gun, wallet, keys and knife. Those are things that go where I go.

With all that said, get a holster if you want it or need it. Who cares what any one else thinks.

Posted via CB10
    Got my Glock 22 with an inside facing holster between rear pocket and back and Glock 27 on the ankle...BlackBerry Classic on in the OEM leather swivel holster on the hip.

Can't rock the gun holster on the hip and phone holster on the hip...would want to feel that phone vibrate and accidentally answer your gun by accident!

Posted via my AT&T BlackBerry Classic
    03-20-15 04:31 PM
    Of course it is...... if you 70 years old

Posted via BBPP
    03-22-15 11:53 AM
    Who cares as long as you like it.
    Bla1ze, excellant answer, my feeling exactly. I just wish that Seidio had one for my Z30.

RPR1NGLE
    03-24-15 01:09 PM
    Carry a kimber ultra 45acp in a desantis super fly in my front pocket and my z30 in the left cargo pocket. It all works out lol.

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    03-27-15 12:30 AM
    I used to wear a holster for my Bold 9700 all the time and it was great! It was practical, and I personally thought not to care what others thought as it was very practical for me. Now I use a Z30, so a holster might be a little large for me, but honestly, like others have said, who cares what others think. Use a holster if you want!

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    donemt and Tim-ANC like this.
    04-03-15 08:47 PM
    I wear one to work everyday and I'm 23.. I hate the feeling of it being in my pocket

Posted via CB10
    anon(1852343) and donemt like this.
    04-03-15 09:09 PM
    No.

Former 9900, Z10, and Z30 user and lover, but now Passport rocker!
    04-03-15 09:12 PM
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Who cares what anyone else thinks or says simply do what YOU want to do case closed. Moderators can we close this thread please

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 11:04 PM
    I love the style of a phone holster, but there's one reason I won't use one - it's an invitation for someone to steal your phone, whether you be in a crowded area or just walking down the street.

In an indoor work environment I suppose it would function well and for those of you sporting the gun/blackberry combo i'm guessing this wouldn't be an issue!

Dispensed via Q10 ----{\\\\|=[
    04-12-15 08:11 AM
    I've never worn a holster but I'm looking to purchase a Passport holster since the device is just too big to carry in jean pockets. During the week its in a suit jacket pocket but on weekends I'm afraid of putting too much pressure being applied to the device in fitted jeans. My wife tells me its nerdy or 90s to have a holster yet it seems like a lot of holsters are still being manufactured which makes me think its not a fashion error to wear them. What does the CB community say about that?
    I wear quite stylish business clothes for work and I use a gel case and a PDAIR side holster with sleeper magnet and has an slim profile so it's: not bulky and fits the device quite securely with gel case on and yet not too tight that it's a struggle to take out the device!

 Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2226 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    08-06-15 08:14 AM
    I'm beginning to think it's the only safe way to carry a Passport in order to prevent the flexing.
    It's a passport. Not an iPhone. No flexing. No worries.

And as for the holster dilemma, do you wanna look ridiculous with an inexplicable bulge in your pants or do you wanna show off your badass Passport

Posted via CB10
    Moroianu George likes this.
    09-27-15 02:01 PM
    Validation is a dangerous addiction.

Posted via CA Governor's BlackBerry� Passport SE
    Jake2826, LoneStarRed and BBRYQ10 like this.
    09-27-15 03:05 PM
    I teach high school and I've been carrying my z10 in a holster for two years now...makes email fast...don't have to go back to my desk

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 08:16 PM
80 1234