please dont tell anybody else but rim has found a way Superconductivity BB10 ithat ndefinitely with no power source
    jmhbluenose likes this.
    11-08-12 09:39 PM
    If people do remember, if at all. The reason of the crazy delayment of bb10 was that RIM was waiting on a new chipset I believe from qualcomm. This chipset is the latest and the greatest and is supposedly supposed to dish out great LTE and battery life. My prediction is that the phone will last 13h. This is, with heavy usage.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.714 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    Gla1ze likes this.
    11-10-12 12:47 PM
    Phones can do plenty with 1800mah. It's more about software optimization.

--------------------------------------------------------
    WoW gold|Diablo 3 Gold|Guild Wars 2 gold
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    12-24-12 04:25 AM
    Is about almost 13 hours of heavy usage at London EU. And it's getting longer after new update comes.
    mithrazor likes this.
    12-24-12 05:02 AM
    On the face of it, 1800mA isn't that great, average if you will, but depending on how efficient QNX is on the bb10, who knows? we might be surprised!. Personally, I was hoping for the same size battery you get with the Motorola Razr Maxx - an insane 3300mA. Now that would be awsomeness by RIM.
    12-24-12 06:34 AM
    Phones can do plenty with 1800mah. It's more about software optimization.
    They said something similar about 200mb hard drives 30 years ago... No doubt that software optimization is crucial, but I worry because the PlayBook has a 5300 mAh battery and i will go down pretty quick running a few apps.
    12-24-12 07:31 AM
    I want to run out of day before I run out of battery ...... nuff said
    ubizmo likes this.
    12-24-12 07:58 AM
    They said something similar about 200mb hard drives 30 years ago... No doubt that software optimization is crucial, but I worry because the PlayBook has a 5300 mAh battery and it will go down pretty quick running a few apps.
    Yeah, but the software optimization for the PlayBook is horrible..
    12-24-12 08:54 AM
    1800mAh is fine. The iPhone 5 has a sub 1500mAh battery, and there aren't many complaints, and it's not like the screen is much larger, 4.2" to 4". The fact that the NA model is also using a less powerful and smaller process SoC will also help. Finally, it's not like there's going to be many battery killing apps out for it. The biggest battery killers are 3D games. I doubt many BB people will be playing them. Next up is streaming video... and who knows what's going on there.
    jstarett likes this.
    12-24-12 09:02 AM
    They said something similar about 200mb hard drives 30 years ago...
    Battery technology advances much slower than other hardware components like hard drives or processors. It simply cannot keep pace unless we see some sort of technological breakthrough. That's why it's important that the software is optimized for battery efficiency.
    12-24-12 02:46 PM
    How many Mah was the BB Bold 9700? Cause that battery use 2 last me 3 days on a single charge. Maybe BBX 10 OS isn't a battery hog like Android is?
    astraith likes this.
    12-24-12 04:56 PM
    How many Mah was the BB Bold 9700? Cause that battery use 2 last me 3 days on a single charge. Maybe BBX 10 OS isn't a battery hog like Android is?
    The 9700/80 shipped with a 1500(or 1550) MAh battery.
    12-24-12 05:14 PM
    My delivering it with a thin battery they make a thin phone many will like. It leaves room for companies like Seidio to put out larger batteries for those who need it.

Kind of a have it your way approach.
    12-24-12 05:37 PM
    They said something similar about 200mb hard drives 30 years ago... No doubt that software optimization is crucial, but I worry because the PlayBook has a 5300 mAh battery and i will go down pretty quick running a few apps.
    ah but years ago they had great (depending on your view) software, drive compression was all the rage back then lol.

as for the battery my dev alpha A lasts well over a day now with the latest OS. dunno what battery size it is, but it was around 5 or so hours back in may, which shows just how much having an optimized OS makes a difference.
    Masahiro and BoldAlways like this.
    12-24-12 06:00 PM
    While having a higher capacity battery is preffered, battery life in hours will depend on the chipsets, software, and how you use the phone. My iPhone 5 with a small 1450mah battery lasts me all day until i go to sleep (12am) with heavy use, while my HTC one x with 1800mah battery would need to be charged around 6pm with heavy use. We'll find out what it's battery life is like after it's been released.
    12-24-12 06:11 PM
    ah but years ago they had great (depending on your view) software, drive compression was all the rage back then lol.

as for the battery my dev alpha A lasts well over a day now with the latest OS. dunno what battery size it is, but it was around 5 or so hours back in may, which shows just how much having an optimized OS makes a difference.
    I recall xsacha (I think it was him) Saying that the Dev Alpha had a 1400 mAh battery or something like that. The Dev Alpha B might have a different battery though
    12-24-12 06:35 PM
    I recall xsacha (I think it was him) Saying that the Dev Alpha had a 1400 mAh battery or something like that. The Dev Alpha B might have a different battery though
    On board with 1800 mAH if I'm not mistaken
    12-24-12 07:15 PM
    I'd say most will get around 7-9 hours of regular use.

Anything less is a death wish.
    12-24-12 11:36 PM
    My delivering it with a thin battery they make a thin phone many will like. It leaves room for companies like Seidio to put out larger batteries for those who need it.
    Rim could have easily increased the size of the battery without increasing the thickness of the device using the same dodge as most other companies and that is by making it non-removable which would typically save 1mm or so from the device, so it is all about balance with the l-series providing a thin device that still has a good battery and the flexibility to carry a second battery or buy an extended one if you needed.
    12-25-12 09:21 PM
    Rim could have easily increased the size of the battery without increasing the thickness of the device using the same dodge as most other companies and that is by making it non-removable which would typically save 1mm or so from the device, so it is all about balance with the l-series providing a thin device that still has a good battery and the flexibility to carry a second battery or buy an extended one if you needed.
    I think that would upset too many people if they did that. People would really start calling it an iphone-copy then!
    12-25-12 09:31 PM
    I think that would upset too many people if they did that. People would really start calling it an iphone-copy then!
    I wasn't suggesting that they did so, but was merely pointing out that there are costs and trade-offs involved in any design decisions and personally I think Rim got this spot on with a great balance of device thickness, battery size and removable battery flexibility.
    12-25-12 10:37 PM
    Android is crap....sorry to say but Android is a battery hog....I went from a Torch 9850 to a Galaxy nexus, and I got a 3300mAh battery for my Nexus and it doesn't even last as long as the OEM battery from the Torch...I have to charge my Nexus at least once to barely make it through a work day...with my Torch, I was able to go the whole entire day without charging
    Bull****.

I use a Motorola Razr HD which has a 2500 Mah battery, with heavy use, it went 21 hours without a charge. Moderate use, it goes on until the next day. There are excellent apps on the android market that optimize your battery use and data. I like Motorola's Smartactions, it will know that I am home and automatically shutoff my mobile data and gps, and turn on my wi-fi. As soon as I leave my home, it will turn off my wi-fi and turn on my data and gps.
    kolok likes this.
    12-26-12 03:18 AM
    isn't the pb running qnx? its battery life is average at best.

i was hoping to see blackberries return to the 9700 days when 1 charge could last me 2 days easily. battery on the 9900 is not acceptable at all especially given the apps it runs and the small screen size.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-26-12 04:26 AM
    The playbook isn't running optimized software at all. Its horrible. I bet it will increase considerably once BB10 is released for it.

As for the rsazr maxx lasting much longer than a galaxy nexus, I can believe it. The nexus doesn't have that large of a battery and was horrible when it first came out. My bro killed his in less than 3 hours when he first got it. 470 (exaggeration) ROM's later he finally got it to last almost all day. But he keeps a spare battery with him. Also, motorola has excellent radios in it. My buddy took his nexus back and got a razr maxx because his nexus kept dropping 4G at his work while his buddies maxx had full bars all day. Both verizon. The speed tests were also 15 to 20Mb slower on the nexus. So yes. I can believe him when he says his nexus died quickly.
    12-26-12 05:28 AM
    Android is crap....sorry to say but Android is a battery hog....I went from a Torch 9850 to a Galaxy nexus, and I got a 3300mAh battery for my Nexus and it doesn't even last as long as the OEM battery from the Torch...I have to charge my Nexus at least once to barely make it through a work day...with my Torch, I was able to go the whole entire day without charging
    Sucks for you. But just because you get bad battery life, don't mean all of us Android users do.

I can get 16 hours on a single charge with over 3 hours on-screen time and that is browsing the net, games and occasionally a movie off netflix.

I have gotten a day and a half when not using it much.

Honestly S3 has awesome battery life, right next to my 9700 when I had it.

may be you have a rougue app or something is wrong with your after market battery?

Sent from a galaxy far away!
    12-26-12 09:16 PM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD