I wonder how many hours can we get with 1800Amh battery?
    06-09-12 05:09 AM
    Depends on how efficient the chipset and OS is.
    06-09-12 09:38 AM
    Probably 7-8 hours. If RIM is really sticking an 1800mAh battery into their BB10 phones, be ready to buy loads of batteries, chargers - , the longest extension cord you can lay your hands on to get you through a day. Even with current Androids that have the latest and greatest in terms of "chipsets" & this/that, they don't last past 7-8hrs.

Would be a mistake on RIM's part to use a paltry 1800 battery for their phones unless the battery's made of some revolutionary new material that the world hasn't invented yet.
    08-14-12 05:32 PM
    Probably 7-8 hours. If RIM is really sticking an 1800mAh battery into their BB10 phones, be ready to buy loads of batteries, chargers - , the longest extension cord you can lay your hands on to get you through a day. Even with current Androids that have the latest and greatest in terms of "chipsets" & this/that, they don't last past 7-8hrs.

Would be a mistake on RIM's part to use a paltry 1800 battery for their phones unless the battery's made of some revolutionary new material that the world hasn't invented yet.
    And what would you suggest?
    08-14-12 10:30 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by upset

And what would you suggest?

He suggested that a 1800mAh made of some revolutionary material will last longer
    08-15-12 04:46 AM
    2100-2300 mAh
    08-15-12 12:09 PM
    Phones can do plenty with 1800mah. It's more about software optimization.
    wtrmlnjuc and anon(3896606) like this.
    08-15-12 04:08 PM

Android is crap....sorry to say but Android is a battery hog....I went from a Torch 9850 to a Galaxy nexus, and I got a 3300mAh battery for my Nexus and it doesn't even last as long as the OEM battery from the Torch...I have to charge my Nexus at least once to barely make it through a work day...with my Torch, I was able to go the whole entire day without charging
    08-16-12 10:48 AM
    Don't want to nitpick, but CDMA draws less power than GSM, so you've got a lot working for you right there.

Regardless, 1800mAh - assuming if RIM decided on such - isn't that much considering the phone is full-screen and ostensibly LTE-enabled (LTE is a battery hog no matter how you slice it). Sure it depends on software, power management, power consumption (screen, processor, etc), but even from what we've seen on the most power-miserly devices, 1800 would be on the weak side.
    08-17-12 10:49 AM
    Don't want to nitpick, but CDMA draws less power than GSM, so you've got a lot working for you right there.

Regardless, 1800mAh - assuming if RIM decided on such - isn't that much considering the phone is full-screen and ostensibly LTE-enabled (LTE is a battery hog no matter how you slice it). Sure it depends on software, power management, power consumption (screen, processor, etc), but even from what we've seen on the most power-miserly devices, 1800 would be on the weak side.
    actually, CDMA draws more power than GSM....

and yes, LTE does hog a lot more power, but regardless, Android O/S still drains more than Blackberry O/S....that's one of the reasons why people root their Android devices
    Last edited by MeetJoeAsian; 08-17-12 at 12:28 PM.
    08-17-12 12:17 PM
    actually, CDMA draws more power than GSM....

and yes, LTE does hog a lot more power, but regardless, Android O/S still drains more than Blackberry O/S....that's one of the reasons why people root their Android devices
    My Brother is constantly trying to find a custom rom with the best battery life and features that he likes. He goes through many ROMS a month. I think right now he's on number 6 this month trying to find a good jelly bean rom for his phone. AHAH When he first bought his GN he ran it down in 3 hours. What good is a phone that only lasts 3 hours?

Lately we haven't been able to have phones at work so it stays in standby with Gtalk connected for atleast 8-9 hours at night. I use it for about 30 to 45 minutes for lunch to browse crackberry and chat with some friends back home in the states. And when I get off work i still have 90 percent battery in my 9900. She idles at .7 percent per hour in standby with Gtalk connected. Android is just horrible with battery life in stock form.
    08-18-12 04:13 AM
    BB London: 1800 mAh
    iPhone 4S: 1430 mAh
    Galaxy Nexus: 1750 mAh
    Galaxy SIII: 2100 mAh
    Lumia 900: 1830mAh

All of them have 3.7V, so I don't see any Problem with the battery of BB London. The only one with significant more capacity (Galaxy SIII) is probably a much bigger device than the new BB will be.
    09-01-12 03:40 AM
    I don't think its fair to say because BB10 will have 1800 mAh battery you won't get a full day. Just because it won't last in an Android doesn't mean the same with the QNX-Based OS. If RIM optimizes the OS, we could see longer lasting batteries than those found on Androids running the same 1800 mAh.
    09-01-12 11:19 AM
    BBs have always had better battery life with the same capacity.

My 9900 and my wife's 9860, both with 1230mAh, last half again as long as my sister's X2 with a 1580mAh or my fiends SIII with a 2100mAh. So, granted that BB10 will have more power-hungry specs than currents BBs, RIMs track record with battery optimization leaves me very optimistic.
    Last edited by Xader; 10-11-12 at 10:15 PM.
    mithrazor and anon(3896606) like this.
    10-11-12 06:04 PM

What a troll comment that was.

I just upgraded my humble 9900 with a 1500mA battery and it is working 24 hours straight between charges (bridge, BT audio w/media player and BBM, all messengers up, and web browsing).

My guess is that the 1800 battery will give you enough for two days of work, obviously without brutalizing the phone with large LTE usage.
    10-11-12 06:19 PM
    as most people have stated we have no clue how long the battery will last because we don't know the guts of the pone and how RIM has put it all together. but if the PB is any guess on how well QNX does with batteries i think we will be just fine.
    10-12-12 06:38 AM
    The battery will last 6 yrs just charging once
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    10-30-12 11:31 AM
    The battery will last 6 yrs just charging once
    Yep, their batteries have little nuclear reactors in them!
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    10-31-12 02:12 PM
    based on the information from one of my friend who already uses London EU. 1800 mAh can take London EU to reach almost 12 hours at abuse usage. Phone calls, sms, taking pictures, browsing, social medias always on (facebook, twitter, foursquare, linkedin), tons of emails coming from many mailing list. The power management in BB10 is amusing. Hopefully it can be tweaked again at BB10 Commercial Unit.
    mithrazor and anon(3896606) like this.
    11-02-12 12:35 AM
    based on the information from one of my friend who already uses London EU. 1800 mAh can take London EU to reach almost 12 hours at abuse usage. Phone calls, sms, taking pictures, browsing, social medias always on (facebook, twitter, foursquare, linkedin), tons of emails coming from many mailing list. The power management in BB10 is amusing. Hopefully it can be tweaked again at BB10 Commercial Unit.
    That's cool and all. But I'm hoping there was some gaming use where the processor is taxed. That's abuse usage. lol

But for that, that's still pretty good battery life, I'm hoping for better. Like 15 hours with that type of usage. With wifi and bluetooth on all day. Brightness all the way up.

Maybe I'm asking for too much though.
    11-02-12 11:02 AM
    That's cool and all. But I'm hoping there was some gaming use where the processor is taxed. That's abuse usage. lol

But for that, that's still pretty good battery life, I'm hoping for better. Like 15 hours with that type of usage. With wifi and bluetooth on all day. Brightness all the way up.

Maybe I'm asking for too much though.
    I'm sure there's more to come in terms of battery life optimization. It is still beta after all.
    11-02-12 02:08 PM
    As long as it lasts me a day of real usage (8-9) hours I'm fine
    jordanc76 likes this.
    11-02-12 11:39 PM
    As long as it lasts me a day of real usage (8-9) hours I'm fine
    I would assume their targets are set higher than that as they would not have been too happy to see the number of people that had complaints about bb7 battery life even if it wasn't an issue for everyone who had one because it has always been one of those things that they have been well known for in the past.
    11-06-12 03:08 PM
    I hope it's at least 16 hours. That's my requirement on any new phone. Because I spend a lot of time a way from an outlet (auto or office). 12-15 hours is most of time. On my days off, about 6-8 hours are spent away from a plug. My 9930 will go to about 16 hours on heavy/moderate usage, and about 20-24 hours on minimum/moderate usage
    Last edited by absolutebob; 11-08-12 at 10:19 PM.
    11-07-12 03:46 PM
    16-18 Hours for me.
    11-08-12 08:54 PM
88 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD