Need to get a heavy duty case for my storm 2, need a kevlar one if available

I'm hard on my phones, last one I had fell of a 24' ladder straight on bricks.
    Also met lots and lots of concrete "no case" So I need a heavy duty case, but I really don't want to add bulk what so ever.
    I was looking at something like the otterbox commuter or the defender.
    I read the defender adds bulk, but the commuter doesn't have as much protection as the defender.

What do you just suggest, for a Slim but very Protective case for the Storm 2 9550? Want something that covers it all, unlike the Case Mate Barley There that has an open top and bottom. I need protection everywhere

Jon
    04-21-10 12:18 PM
    You won't find a better case than the Otterbox Defender for protection. You need to ask yourself what's more important, protecting it or keeping it slim. You can't have both, unless you talk to Clark Kent and get some kryptonite from him to make a case.
    04-21-10 12:24 PM
    You won't find a better case than the Otterbox Defender for protection. You need to ask yourself what's more important, protecting it or keeping it slim. You can't have both, unless you talk to Clark Kent and get some kryptonite from him to make a case.
    Clark Kent can't go anywhere near kryponite!
    04-21-10 12:28 PM
    While I agree that the Defender is absolutely top notch for protection, you can get very good protection from the Otterbox Commuter, which is less bulky.

Either way, I've only ever had the Otterbox line on my phone...can't go wrong there, but slim is generally not as protective, and super-protective is generally not slim, so like ridesno said, gotta pick which is more important.
    04-21-10 12:29 PM
    Check this thread for help if need be......

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/wh...-using-454675/
    04-21-10 12:31 PM
    While I agree that the Defender is absolutely top notch for protection, you can get very good protection from the Otterbox Commuter, which is less bulky.

Either way, I've only ever had the Otterbox line on my phone...can't go wrong there, but slim is generally not as protective, and super-protective is generally not slim, so like ridesno said, gotta pick which is more important.
    Protection is more important, I can do with bulky just don't want a brick.

Check this thread for help if need be......

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/wh...-using-454675/
    I've read every post in there, nothing that really helped me because I wasn't looking at the epik or barley there
    04-21-10 12:39 PM
    A search for "case" in this forum would yield several other useful threads with all the info you're looking for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 12:41 PM
    A search for "case" in this forum would yield several other useful threads with all the info you're looking for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Done it.

Don't know why people have a hard time, when other people start a thread when there is a "similar" one.
    04-21-10 12:46 PM
    keep em coming.
    04-21-10 02:04 PM
    ive had the otterbox defender case for 2 months and i love it.
    04-21-10 02:12 PM
    The Otterbox Defender doesn't scratch the phone after awhile of being on the phone does it??
    04-21-10 02:34 PM
    Otterbox for sure. Don't know what model it is but its silicone its cheap and it definitely saved my 9550 a few times. Undoubtedly not as good as a hard case but I'm one that doesn't want a 6" thick BlackBerry.
    04-21-10 02:50 PM
    Otterbox for sure. Don't know what model it is but its silicone its cheap and it definitely saved my 9550 a few times. Undoubtedly not as good as a hard case but I'm one that doesn't want a 6" thick BlackBerry.
    I need more protection on my phone, then john holmes does on something else.

lol, probably going to get the defender
    04-21-10 02:53 PM
    I need more protection on my phone, then john holmes does on something else.

lol, probably going to get the defender
    Haha nice. I guess thick is definitely better than broken. Just might need to modify your pockets a tad.
    04-21-10 02:56 PM
    Get an Otterbox Commuter if you don't want the bulk. If you don't mind the bulk then go with the Defender. Either way you don't lose.
    04-21-10 03:25 PM
    Depends on how much bulk you want to add to your phone and person. Im pretty hard on mine as well and ive looked for a case that would protect mine for a while. I finally came across one that Verizon offers. Its a black rigid hard shell case that slides into a really tough belt holster. Doesnt pose a lot of bulk either to me or the phone and its really tough. It protects the entire phone and whenever I dont want to wear it on my belt, the case on the phone is not so bulky that it prevents it from just sliding into my pants pocket. I would def. give this one a try.Deuces.

Last edited by lcargile01; 04-21-10 at 03:47 PM.
    04-21-10 03:42 PM
    Depends on how much bulk you want to add to your phone and person. Im pretty hard on mine as well and ive looked for a case that would protect mine for a while. I finally came across one that Verizon offers. Its a black rigid hard shell case that slides into a really tough belt holster. Doesnt pose a lot of bulk either to me or the phone and its really tough. It protects the entire phone and whenever I dont want to wear it on my belt, the case on the phone is not so bulky that it prevents it from just sliding into my pants pocket. I would def. give this one a try.Deuces.

Doesn't look like it protects the top though, but it does the bottom.
    04-21-10 04:03 PM
    Get an Otterbox Commuter if you don't want the bulk. If you don't mind the bulk then go with the Defender. Either way you don't lose.
    I was looking at the Commuter, but what if I drop it on the corner where just the rubber is, rather then on the defender plastic all around then rubber all around.
    I like the style of them both, but would like the slimness of the commuter compared to the defender
    04-21-10 04:05 PM
    Verizon now sells the Defender case as well. If you want to see go to them and put it on your phone and see if you like it. That was here in the DC area but sure all VZW stores carry them now.
    04-21-10 04:49 PM
    Verizon now sells the Defender case as well. If you want to see go to them and put it on your phone and see if you like it. That was here in the DC area but sure all VZW stores carry them now.
    good deal I might have to do that.

Thanks
    04-21-10 05:10 PM
    more more more
    04-22-10 04:56 PM
    I have used both the Seidio Innocase II and locking holster as well as the Platinum Case from BestBuy (think Seidio makes it for them as very similar). Other than the "rubberized" paint flaking off the BestBuy one have no complaints, both hard cases with holsters that protect phone well and add very little bulk to the phone. Have choice to use the holster or just the case. I would recommend either. Personally I just scrapped off the "rubberized" paint from the BestBuy case when it started looking really bad, it is just a matte black case now. Dont care about the looks care about the functionality.
    04-22-10 05:01 PM
    I have used both the Seidio Innocase II and locking holster as well as the Platinum Case from BestBuy (think Seidio makes it for them as very similar). Other than the "rubberized" paint flaking off the BestBuy one have no complaints, both hard cases with holsters that protect phone well and add very little bulk to the phone. Have choice to use the holster or just the case. I would recommend either. Personally I just scrapped off the "rubberized" paint from the BestBuy case when it started looking really bad, it is just a matte black case now. Dont care about the looks care about the functionality.
    I want more protection then that.
    I would like something like the otterbox defender, something with hard case + rubber to absorb shock
    04-22-10 06:11 PM
    I have the otterbox commuter and a couple of the 5 dollar epik cases and they are all excellent
    04-22-10 06:17 PM
    Doesn't look like it protects the top though, but it does the bottom.
    I had one on my first storm1 and my phone had a couple of cartwheel drops and the top and bottom were both well protected and that phone never suffered any damage. I would suggest some sort of invisible shield for the front.
    04-22-10 06:21 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD