Okay this is my first post so I am hoping it is okay that I let this cat outta the bag. I have been making and sending ringtones to my phone for free for over a year. The web site is myphonezoo.com it is 100% free. Just sign up download a song you like on to your pc the crop the song and send a text to your phone with the link to the ota download, or email the link. Anyway it is really easy check the web site out! Hope this helps!!
    07-29-09 11:43 PM
    WOW- You make it sound so easy.

Hopefully, it's legit and not SPAM.

Sorry I'm a Newbie too.

THANKS
    07-30-09 12:13 PM
    I've been using Media Monkey (free) to do this up until I got my G1. Android has an app (RingDroid - also free) where you can chop-up an MP3 on the device, and set it as a ringtone.

Anybody know if there's an app for the BB that will do this?

BTW - Welcome to CB ^ ^
    07-30-09 12:16 PM
    Ever heard of TONETHIS?
    07-30-09 12:18 PM
    I like doing them myself. Gets a more personal touch and it's something I enjoy. I use a free and a shareware program to get them done. I use Audacity (free download) to cut the MP3 to the desired length. Then I use MP3 Wav Converter from American Shareware to make sure the bitrate is optimized. The way I do this is to convert the chopped MP3 to WAV then convert back to MP3 using the conversion settings to make it 40Kbps 44.1KHz Stereo. That makes a small file size without sacrificing too much in quality.

The awesome part about audacity is that I can record anything playing over my computer, so if I want a line from a movie I play the movie and record live with Audacity.

I have seen web tools that do all this, but they are never clear if your ringtone is then saved and used in other places, kinda takes away the originality aspect for me.
    08-05-09 10:46 PM
    As I've said before, myxertones.com is also a great site to make your own ringtones and download user created tones and wallpaper all for FREE!!!! Why pay or "donate" when you can do it for FREE!?!?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 06:18 PM
    I use goldwave to make all my ringtones!! It has great features to make any ringtone. One program does it all
    08-11-09 10:53 PM
    I like doing them myself. Gets a more personal touch and it's something I enjoy. I use a free and a shareware program to get them done. I use Audacity (free download) to cut the MP3 to the desired length. Then I use MP3 Wav Converter from American Shareware to make sure the bitrate is optimized. The way I do this is to convert the chopped MP3 to WAV then convert back to MP3 using the conversion settings to make it 40Kbps 44.1KHz Stereo. That makes a small file size without sacrificing too much in quality.

The awesome part about audacity is that I can record anything playing over my computer, so if I want a line from a movie I play the movie and record live with Audacity.

I have seen web tools that do all this, but they are never clear if your ringtone is then saved and used in other places, kinda takes away the originality aspect for me.
    + 1 for Audacity. I don't do the rest of that, but I always use Audacity to make my own ringtones.
    08-11-09 11:19 PM
    I found phonezoo.com through CB and it is legit, as I've recently used it to send free ringtones and wallpaper to my cell.

I have not played with creating my own ringtones yet, but I will get there!!!
    08-12-09 07:50 PM
    I found a free shareware program on line called mpTrim, and have made DOZENS of ring tones from my personal mp3 collection.. Then just send them to your phone via email or bluetooth. Piece of cake, and free! YOu can select any piece of the song you want, you don't even have to trim it first. Pretty user friendly and never had a problem!
    08-12-09 07:54 PM
    So you can really do this for free?
    It sounds a bit complicated.. what software do you recommend?
    08-13-09 04:28 AM
    Here is a free audio editing program that is FREE and works pretty good.
    Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder
    08-13-09 05:06 AM
    or even easier is to buy MP3 Ringtone Maker which is on sale in the app store.
    08-21-09 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD