I'll actually check out the new BB10 devices when they are out. I held out for an upgrade for 11 months, hoping for BB10. My main reason for skipping OS7 is because it does not support LTE, which is available where I live. My current device supports LTE, and I get speeds of around 9.5 MB/s down and 2.5 MB/s up, which is faster than my old DSL. I have cable Internet at home now, so my broadband speeds are faster than my mobile speeds.
    yeah<LTE is awesome. hope the blackberry 10 delivers! but, the 4G here in Fla is pretty good! I can stream stuff, actually use google maps ,( finally !), and still have battery left . I wanted to get my son a Lumina, he wanted one, but got him an iphone 3gs for .99cents (could not pass that up). he can wait for his REAL upgrade.
    07-18-12 12:38 AM
    You're welcome! Have a good night, and I hope I was helpful.

I did send some PMs to folks I know who are BlackBerry experts and use OS7 devices now.
    yes ,
    thanks! you are very helpful for an IT minion ! hey, your on Crackberry Nation !
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-18-12 12:41 AM
    yeah<LTE is awesome. hope the blackberry 10 delivers! but, the 4G here in Fla is pretty good! I can stream stuff, actually use google maps ,( finally !), and still have battery left . I wanted to get my son a Lumina, he wanted one, but got him an iphone 3gs for .99cents (could not pass that up). he can wait for his REAL upgrade.
    I ended up getting a rebate from Nokia, so my device ended up being free. It won't get Windows 8, but I really don't care. Since I got it for free, I can always get a new Windows Phone 8 or a BB10 at full retail, due to the savings I got now.

I would be willing to bet that the BB10 devices will support LTE (and so will the next iPhone). Currently only Androids and Windows Phones support LTE on AT&T, but I'm certain the BB10 and iPhone5 (or New iPhone--if Apple names it like the latest iPad) will be LTE devices.
    07-18-12 12:45 AM
    yes ,
    thanks! you are very helpful for an IT minion ! hey, your on Crackberry Nation !
    Thanks! I'm a geek, but I'm not a surly, antisocial geek.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-18-12 12:46 AM
    Laura already hit on the simplest solution. Connect the phone via USB, and transfer the files to the phone's storage through it.

The other easy solution, that won't require editing the song size, is Dropbox.

For the PC

Free Dropbox - Download Dropbox - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

Once you have it setup on the PC and BlackBerry, you can transfer files of any size from one to the other. For the most effective use via phone to PC, you may want to Buy FileScout - the complete File Text Zip and Image Manager - Download FileScout - the complete File Text Zip and Image Manager - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World and add the dropbox plug-in.

Can I haz some chocolate?

Edit - One more thing......If it's for a ringtone, I'd suggest using Audacity to shorten the audio to 30 seconds. Trying to use a full song length, and 8+Mb for a ringtone isn't thhe best idea, though it will work.
    07-18-12 06:27 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD