I just received my BlackBerry Bold 9700 on T-Mobile UK. It's a truly excellent phone, but I'm wondering if I've been given the wrong case?

The BlackBerry is fully recessed into the case, but there's still quite a bit sticking out. Is this normal?

(I've just noticed the big Canon logo, I'm not advertising for them, that's the top of my printer!)
    11-12-09 12:08 PM
    looks like you guys are only getting a sleve. Does it have a belt clip?
    11-12-09 12:12 PM
    It does look different from the ones you get in the U.S.
    See Kevin's unboxing video here:
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-bol...unboxing-video

I'm getting mine tomorrow, I'll let you know what actually comes in it.

P.S. The case that came with the 8900 looks similar to this and I prefer it because you can actually see the led indicator and the speakerphone is sticking out so that you can hear when it rings. Might be normal.
    11-12-09 12:13 PM
    my case that came with my Bell 9700

11-12-09 12:14 PM
    that looks much better than what comes with the american ones.
    11-12-09 12:17 PM
    That case on the top post is also the one that comes with the UK Bold on T-Mob. Ugly little thing isn't it? Why couldn't they give us one like the 8900?
    11-12-09 12:38 PM
    I just received my BlackBerry Bold 9700 on T-Mobile UK. It's a truly excellent phone, but I'm wondering if I've been given the wrong case?

The BlackBerry is fully recessed into the case, but there's still quite a bit sticking out. Is this normal?

(I've just noticed the big Canon logo, I'm not advertising for them, that's the top of my printer!)
    I'm on T-Mobile UK too, and received the same case as you matey!
    11-12-09 12:39 PM
    I've ordered a Rubber Skin for the time being. Should be fine, I don't carry anything else in my phone pocket.

I was looking at getting the official BlackBerry 'folio' case with card holder AND magnetic latch. Too bad they didn't think that combination through

Oh, and there isn't a belt clip on the back of this case for the person who asked.
    11-12-09 12:44 PM
    i hate belt clips.. so i ripped my plastic clip off.. i love it now.. the protection it provides is much better then the sleeves, because the sleeves as you can see exposes the top portion of the phone..
    11-12-09 01:03 PM
    My 'case' is the same as the OP's, a useless piece of junk.
    11-12-09 01:16 PM
    I got mine on tuesday and thought exactly the same. I wish they hadn't bothered at all.
    The phone does not fit in properly. The top sticks out - how stupid. The case off my curve 8300 fits better.

B

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 02:18 PM
    I always liked the sleeve. And yes it does fit that is just how it is made to fit in the sleeve. The sleeve is what i carry when i want to keep my phone in my pocket when i am wearing really baggy pants or sweats.
    11-12-09 02:29 PM
    I hope the At&t branded 9700 comes with a holster. I hate that sleeve thing
    11-12-09 02:31 PM
    It's the same type that my T-Mo UK branded 9700 came with - just T-Mo being cheap.

When I upgraded (the time before) to a Bold 9000 mine came with the koskin? case but one of my friends who got his through Orange didn't even get a case!

If you have a look on Amazon you can get a new proper slip case for either �3.99 delivered
    GENUINE BLACKBERRY KOSKIN LEATHER POCKET CASE POUCH: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
    or the slightly nicer looking one with a metal BB logo on the front for around a tenner

GENUINE BLACKBERRY 9700 BOLD ONYX BLACK PURE LEATHER: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

If you do a search for the BB 8900 you can get the same case for �6-�7 delivered!

The one with the metal logo is allegedly "genuine Blackberry" most sellers are selling them as "leather" too all I will say is that it fit's the Bold 9700 - it might be genuine Blackberry, but I doubt it is leather, it looks like that koskin stuff.

HTH

Elcuolo
    Last edited by Elcuolo; 11-12-09 at 03:50 PM.
    11-12-09 03:46 PM
    Re my post above - have just done a search under the Curve 8900 and Amazon are selling them �7.26 (not a marketplace seller).....

Blackberry HDW-19862-001 8900 Leather Pocket - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

So it might be a geniune BB piece of kit - still not sure that it is leather from a cow or any other animal that had a pulse though.

The Bold sit's snugly in it but sticks up about 10mm proud of the case - I think that just helps to make sure the case gets scratched when you drop it and like a piece of toas the 9700 will land butter side down! Or in this case the nice shiny unprotected shiny side down!
    Last edited by Elcuolo; 11-12-09 at 03:55 PM.
    11-12-09 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD