okay.
    i've been searching through the forums for a long time

It seems as if everyone wants to CHANGE the default Verizon wallpaper.

Actually, I briefly changed it, but kind of like the default.

So, I went to change wallpaper again, and figured the "V" picture would still be there, but it's not.

If it's a default in the phone, shouldn't I just be able to bring it back? I seem to remember doing that before.

I downloaded a lightning bolt, but didn't like the way it looked. I just switched back. But, for the life of me, I can't find it now!

Any help is greatly appreciated... and again I DID do some mega-searches in the forum!

Thanks!
    02-14-09 09:31 PM
    go back to your pictures, hit BB menu, and there should be an option that says osmething to the effect of Reset Wallpaper. Don't have my phone on me so I cant get the exact text
    02-14-09 09:42 PM
    That is correct. Open your pictures and press the Blackberry button then press reset home screen image. This will get the Verizon V back.

Bob
    02-14-09 09:48 PM
    Thanks. I actually figured it out after I posted. Duh!
    appreciate your help!
    02-14-09 09:51 PM
    How about when all of the wallpapers that came default on your phone are suddenly all gone? there were a few that came with my curve that I liked...but when I went to find them today...all preloaded pictures where gone?... I tried a hard reset on my phone and that didnt help any....any suggestions?
    02-14-09 11:11 PM
    How about when all of the wallpapers that came default on your phone are suddenly all gone? there were a few that came with my curve that I liked...but when I went to find them today...all preloaded pictures where gone?... I tried a hard reset on my phone and that didnt help any....any suggestions?
    Did you upgrade your OS to 4.5? 4.5 removed these files I believe. At least they disappeard back when I upgraded my 8330 to 4.5
    02-14-09 11:27 PM
    That is correct. Open your pictures and press the Blackberry button then press reset home screen image. This will get the Verizon V back.

Bob
    actually. that option doesn't seem to be there for me.
    I had to go to themes and default everything.

I had to put all the apps back out on the home screen.
    Strange.
    I'll dig deeper later.
    02-15-09 12:08 AM
    actually. that option doesn't seem to be there for me.
    I had to go to themes and default everything.

I had to put all the apps back out on the home screen.
    Strange.
    I'll dig deeper later.
    really? It should be somewhere near the top. it will nly show up if you've changed your background though.
    02-15-09 12:10 AM
    Im Trying to do the Same But Nothing Like Reset Wallpaper or Default on My BB Storm 9530
    06-05-09 04:05 PM
    go in media > pictures > picture folders > bbmenu > reset home screen
    06-05-09 04:09 PM
    Media > Pictures > All Pictures > BB Button > Reset Home Screen Image

When you go into picture folders instead of all pictures, the option for reset is not there
    Last edited by dtubbs06; 06-05-09 at 04:12 PM.
    06-05-09 04:10 PM
    Im Trying to do the Same But Nothing Like Reset Wallpaper or Default on My BB Storm 9530
    The option doesn't show up if you're using the wallpaper that is the default on whatever theme you're currently using, since you're already on the default for your particular theme.

The default Verizon wallpaper is tied into the theme files. Just like if you download, say, AppleBerry, you start out with a new default wallpaper, but you won't be able to find that wallpaper as an image file anywhere on your device unless you separately download the image that the theme dev provided.
    06-05-09 04:12 PM

When you go into picture folders instead of all pictures, the option for reset is not there
    right. you have to go into ALL PICTURES. That's where 'reset home screen image' shows up when using th BB menu button.

Didn't there used to be an easier way before the upgrade? I thought there was.
    06-19-09 01:19 AM

This isn't entirely accurate. You can, in fact, go into "Picture Folders" to accomplish this, as the "Reset Home Screen Image" is there. Frankly, I've never once selected "All Pictures".
    06-19-09 09:07 AM
    This isn't entirely accurate. You can, in fact, go into "Picture Folders" to accomplish this, as the "Reset Home Screen Image" is there. Frankly, I've never once selected "All Pictures".
    At the time of my original post, I was running .75 on my Storm, and checked in Picture Folders before posting to verify if the option was there (which it wasn't).

I am now on .148 and the option to reset the home screen image now appears in ALL picture viewing modes (All Pictures, Picture Folders, and Sample Pictures)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 10:54 PM
    I'm trying to reset the background image on my 8900 running v4.6.1.310, after having inadvertently selected "Set As Home Screen Image" while viewing a picture. Unfortunately, "Reset Home Screen Image" doesn't have any effect. what other way might there be to accomplish this?

P.S.
    To answer my own question, I found the following solution:
    1. I downloaded this plain black background.
    2. I expanded it to 480x360 using Microsoft Office Picture Manager (although any half-decent graphics software would do).
    3. I copied it to the BB using Mass storage mode.
    4. I selected the picture on the BB and chose "Set As Home Screen Image" from the BB menu.
    Admittedly a bit roundabout, but:
    1. My attempt to mail the picture to myself directly from the CrackBerry site to my BB was unsuccessful (attachment could not be downloaded).
    2. I was able to download it via the URL in the e-mail, but "Fit to Screen" still left white bars on th left and right.
    The resized image is attached, in case any one else has a use for it.
    Last edited by rsbrux; 10-01-10 at 04:03 AM. Reason: found workaround
    10-01-10 03:04 AM
    Thanks for the note
    I was able to access it on my Curve through Options, Theme, Theme Defaults, [X] Wallpaper, Apply
    While browsing through pictures, I accidentally set one of the pictures as my Wallpaper image.
    01-29-11 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD