hey, I am looking for a arm strap for my work out so I can run and have the music, etc. I tried looking on CB's store and online but I can only find the Krusell strap. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    09-15-09 11:27 PM
    I'd like to know this as well.
    09-16-09 02:45 AM
    I bought one of Ebay for an Ipod Touch for my 8830 and it fits my Tour also. Don't have a link because its been so long ago.
    09-16-09 06:15 AM
    you want to strap the tour to your arm while you workout...wow that is going to be one bulky load on your arm...why not just a pouch on your hip or something...besides I could be very wrong but I don't even think they make an arm strap for the tour...you would have to buy one for another device that is similar in size and hope that it somewhat fits is my best guess..
    09-16-09 06:18 AM
    i just use the OEM holster on my hip for when im lifting and running, it works great
    09-16-09 06:55 AM
    Just remember these devices are pretty water sensitive - make sure to keep sweat away from them.
    09-16-09 09:20 AM
    Well, I just use the 4 or 5 gen ipod armband when i had the Storm, it worked but it was tight fit.
    09-16-09 09:27 AM
    thanks everyone for your immediate responses!

you want to strap the tour to your arm while you workout...wow that is going to be one bulky load on your arm...why not just a pouch on your hip or something...besides I could be very wrong but I don't even think they make an arm strap for the tour...you would have to buy one for another device that is similar in size and hope that it somewhat fits is my best guess..
    I don't like running with anything in my hip as either my hand could hit it, or it could fall off and scratch my tour.
    09-17-09 04:48 AM
    i just use the OEM holster on my hip for when im lifting and running, it works great
    hmmm this could be good... and its firm? It doesn't fall out or anything when running?

I use the S9 HD bluetooth headphones to workout. It comes with a nice arm strap that the Tour fits in nicely. So if you need headphones I recommend those. They fit nice and sound great
    this comes with a arm fit? In this description it doesn't mention an arm strap anywhere...
    09-17-09 04:53 AM
    I have never liked arm bands; I use the OtterBox Defender and clip it to my hip. You can buy one here on CrackBerry.com. I use the Shure - SE210 head phones with the foam sleeves no matter how bad I sweat the headphones stay put. They sell them at Best Buy and the foam inserts come with them. I seriously can run 20 miles and my headphone wont come out of my ears. The only reason I bring up the headphones is because I see someone mentioned the S9 HD's which are good for listening to a book while working, that's what I use them for (unless it's sunny out) or maybe running for a few short miles without sunglasses.

I used the OtterBox on the hip when I had the Curve as well. It's not bad I've run well over 1000 miles with this setup so it's tried and tested. The sweat doesn't get to my phone and the one or two times I dropped it I just picked it up and kept running. I always have my phone to run AllSport for GPS and I can run Slacker for music, PodTrapper for a book or a Levin podcast, make a phone call. I've even watched Hannity with my SlingPlayer while running.

I wouldn't take my $400 or is it $500 BlackBerry running without an OtterBox!

Good luck,
    Chris
    09-17-09 09:01 AM
    Originally Posted by Billybaldin View Post
    I use the S9 HD bluetooth headphones to workout. It comes with a nice arm strap that the Tour fits in nicely. So if you need headphones I recommend those. They fit nice and sound great
    this comes with a arm fit? In this description it doesn't mention an arm strap anywhere...
    This guy is putting his Tour in the carry bag that comes with the S9 HD's. It's a bag to put the headphones in while not in use. If I ran 10 miles with my Tour in a cloth bag I'd have a water damaged phone!

Whatever works for you,
    Chris
    09-17-09 09:11 AM
    I have never liked arm bands; I use the OtterBox Defender and clip it to my hip. You can buy one here on CrackBerry.com. I use the Shure - SE210 head phones with the foam sleeves no matter how bad I sweat the headphones stay put. They sell them at Best Buy and the foam inserts come with them. I seriously can run 20 miles and my headphone wont come out of my ears. The only reason I bring up the headphones is because I see someone mentioned the S9 HD's which are good for listening to a book while working, that's what I use them for (unless it's sunny out) or maybe running for a few short miles without sunglasses.

I used the OtterBox on the hip when I had the Curve as well. It's not bad I've run well over 1000 miles with this setup so it's tried and tested. The sweat doesn't get to my phone and the one or two times I dropped it I just picked it up and kept running. I always have my phone to run AllSport for GPS and I can run Slacker for music, PodTrapper for a book or a Levin podcast, make a phone call. I've even watched Hannity with my SlingPlayer while running.

I wouldn't take my $400 or is it $500 BlackBerry running without an OtterBox!

Good luck,
    Chris
    wow not only did I get some good products to purchase, but also some nice applications. Thanks again for everything!
    09-19-09 02:49 PM
    wow not only did I get some good products to purchase, but also some nice applications. Thanks again for everything!
    they don't have the sports gps program for the tour though =(
    09-19-09 03:45 PM
    AllSport works on the Tour you must get it from App World it is now a supported device and it works great, I use it to track my runs all the time! I've used AllSport for 100's of miles on the Tour alone and have never had a problem!
    Last edited by SplinterCell; 09-19-09 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Added an image showing the Tour 9630 as a supported device
    09-19-09 04:10 PM
    AllSport works on the Tour you must get it from App World it is now a supported device and it works great, I use it to track my runs all the time! I've used AllSport for 100's of miles on the Tour alone and have never had a problem!
    blah, but I have sprint =(
    09-19-09 04:17 PM
    hey Splinter, could you add my pin? I was looking at your blog and would like to do something similiar to what you did with that website... I am joining the Marines which requires a lot of running... so I would like to talk to someone who has experience in running... thanks!

PIN: 30C72E07
    09-19-09 04:21 PM
    What carrier do you think I have? Wait before you look by my avatar...it's Sprint! Works fine, but if your having GPS problems read this here. It's only a hand full of posts, but if you want to cut to the chase post 23 explains an issue I had. And I am running AllSport on a Tour with Sprint as my carrier.

Hope it helps,
    Chris
    09-19-09 04:24 PM
    I have the Tour with Verizon
    09-19-09 04:33 PM
    hey Splinter, could you add my pin? I was looking at your blog and would like to do something similiar to what you did with that website... I am joining the Marines which requires a lot of running... so I would like to talk to someone who has experience in running... thanks!

PIN: 30C72E07
    I don't use BB Messenger at all I deleted it, but if you need any tips or tricks on the right hand side of my blog are a lot of useful running links. You don't really want a blog in the military your Commander may put his boot in your a$$ if you talk about stupid stuff. If you use AllSport it will automatically upload to AllSport's website and look like this which will make your Commander proud. If you do need help just ask and I never ran before the Army and now that I'm out I can't stop running! And thanks for stepping up for real service; not this trimming bushes and painting your neighbors house, some politicians talk about.

Pain only lasts so long, but quitting a run lasts forever,
    Chris
    09-19-09 04:43 PM
    I have the Tour with Verizon
    That's what I thought, but you said...

blah, but I have sprint =(
    I hope AllSport works out for you; it is kick a$$ for me, running wouldn't be the same without it!
    09-19-09 04:46 PM
    That's what I thought, but you said...

I hope AllSport works out for you; it is kick a$$ for me, running wouldn't be the same without it!
    I meant blah I have Verizon lol... sorry for the confusion... anything I can do to help improve my running time? I do play soccer so I'm in decent shape, but would like to be able to run a lot more...
    09-19-09 05:18 PM
    anything I can do to help improve my running time? I do play soccer so I'm in decent shape, but would like to be able to run a lot more...
    You will find a wealth of information here, here and here. Just read through everything and take in all the info you can. Fire up AllSport, put your Tour in the OtterBox holster and just start running. Run a lot and never stop short of your goals!

App World says AllSport doesn't support Verizon, but I think it works on the Tour? Give it a try.
    Last edited by SplinterCell; 09-19-09 at 07:33 PM.
    09-19-09 07:31 PM
    hey splinter, I tired to download AllSport in my Blackberry App world but the icon to download didn't even show up.

I joined livestrong.com and become a Gold Member, hopefully this website will help me mainting my goals in being in good shape like I use to be... what's your take on livestrong.com?
    09-20-09 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD