i downloaded a few ringtones from this site and they sound great, but then i tried making a few of my own using Audacity and following the instructions in these forums (it's REALLY easy), but they always sound worse. Like, they sound like they're playing from far away...kinda distorted, and almost as if there's some random 'white noise' in there. (Note: they sound GREAT on the computer before I email them to my phone.)

Thoughts?

I'm just frustrated...for now, until I just stop caring :P
    06-13-08 03:27 PM
    YES! My ringtones sound the same, like I had the volume on to high when I recorded it. Have you found out how to fix this yet?
    07-01-08 05:58 PM
    mine do the same thing, it's only been happening lately - not sure why.
    07-01-08 06:05 PM
    I have yet to have any of my homemade ringtones sound bad, and I use audacity, i would suggest getting the actually music file instead of a record, (limewire!, or from friend's cds) is how i get them, and i save them (the ring tones) to MP3, and if they are muted sounding there is a tool in Audacity to up the volume and just up it alot and that should take care of the quite far away sound, also if it is too loud be wary on your computer you may get static instead of music.
    07-01-08 06:21 PM
    I don't know I used the BB Media Manager and cut out a piece of an MP3 and it think it came out alright... After I edited the settings since the first time I did it really sounded like crap but after altering the config it started sounding alot better.
    07-01-08 07:48 PM
    Mine sound pretty bad. I used to use the same program to make ringtones for my Q and they sounded great but on my Curve the quality is very poor. Now I just download them from sites. Not sure why..
    07-04-08 12:54 PM
    for me, it depends on how you save it. i accidentally saved one as a .wav and the quality was horrible. i re-saved it as an mp3 and it turned out crystal clear. check your configurations and or the level you're saving it as.

(btw, i use wavepad and love it.)
    07-04-08 01:02 PM
    Mine always sound fine. I would think its the settings you use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-08 08:17 PM
    I can't even get the dang ringtones from my MediaManger to my BB... you guys with the messed up sound are doing good! I'M LOST!
    07-08-08 03:19 PM
    Check the configurations you are using when creating the ring tones. I have never had an issue

Use .mp3 files, use a decent bitrate when encoding, and use a mono channel output!! The Berry's speaker sounds best when playing a mono track (from what I can tell). Others may think differently. Play around with settings, all of my ringtones and mp3s sound great!
    07-08-08 03:22 PM
    I can't even get the dang ringtones from my MediaManger to my BB... you guys with the messed up sound are doing good! I'M LOST!
    Check the links in my signature... there is some handy info.

Along with this video : http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/medi...how-use-21259/
    Last edited by bmcclure937; 07-08-08 at 03:24 PM. Reason: LINK
    07-08-08 03:23 PM
    I make all my ringtones using I tunes and they turn out fine...I guess it depends on the quality of sound when recording as well as the volume setting of your berry.
    07-10-08 08:16 PM
    i have found that if I email the .mp3 to my phone, it sounds like crap.

if I drop it directly onto the memory card via usb, it sounds great.

Must be some sort of automatic compression or something going on. Either way, directly dropping the tone onto the card completely solved the issue for me.
    07-28-09 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD