I have a BB curve 8330. I back up my blackberry using BB Desktop Manager every week or two. Today, when I backed up my blackberry, it reverted back to the Verizon wallpaper that came with the phone.

I was able to select the wallpaper I wanted again.

Anyone know why the phone does that ?

thanks for any information.

( I am running OS 4.3, with Verizon).

Jason.
    10-25-08 02:10 PM
    The image file is on your media card isn't it? When the device is connected to a computer, the device cannot access data on the media card, therefore you see the wallpaper disappear. It will come back once you unplug.
    10-25-08 02:21 PM
    The image file is on your media card isn't it? When the device is connected to a computer, the device cannot access data on the media card, therefore you see the wallpaper disappear. It will come back once you unplug.
    Hi, Sunkast - Yes, my wallpaper is stored on a media card. I tried again to back up, and unplugged my device from the computer - even turned phone off and then back on, but I still have the default verizon wall paper.

Oh, well. I can just change it back.
    10-25-08 02:31 PM
    You could try moving the image file to the device memory.
    10-25-08 02:34 PM
    I back up every few days and have never had that issue with any image stored to the device memory..
    10-25-08 02:36 PM
    I back up every few days and have never had that issue with any image stored to the device memory..
    good point - thanks! I selected one of the wallpapers from the device memory and it didn't change after backing up. Appears that is the key - the media card pictures revert on my phone, but the device memory pictures don't.

thanks,

Jason.
    10-25-08 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD