I've downloaded tons of cool wallpapers, and even bought the Wallpaper Shuffle program (which is cool) - but when I set a wallpaper as background, it works until I enter something, and then it automatically converts back to the red check Verizon screen. What gives? Anyone have any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks!
    12-30-08 09:58 AM
    if wallpaper shuffle is active, you have to point it to the folder your wallpapers are stored on.
    To just set one, on the home screen, in portrait, hit the menu key>options>change wallpaper> browse to the one you want>menu key>save.
    12-30-08 10:08 AM
    if wallpaper shuffle is active, you have to point it to the folder your wallpapers are stored on.
    To just set one, on the home screen, in portrait, hit the menu key>options>change wallpaper> browse to the one you want>menu key>save.
    Appreciate the help! Pretty much everything you mention above is already in place, except that when I go to options, there is not an option for me to "Change wallpaper". I ususally have set it while reviewing the wallpapers within the media section and hit menu and select as wallpaper. It sets it until I hit another function and then its gone again.
    12-30-08 10:30 AM
    The Pic that you want as your wallpaper, should be save to your system memory, not your data card.
    12-30-08 10:34 AM
    Appreciate the help! Pretty much everything you mention above is already in place, except that when I go to options, there is not an option for me to "Change wallpaper". I ususally have set it while reviewing the wallpapers within the media section and hit menu and select as wallpaper. It sets it until I hit another function and then its gone again.

Try to do it the way I said, right after a battery pull. This seems to be a bug.
    The way I said gives you a resize feature that the way you're using doesn't. Plus it will keep the setting if you can get that far.
    12-30-08 10:36 AM
    Cool! I'll give it a try, thanks!

And Jascias, yes, I deleted all my wallpaper from my device thinking I'd save memory. That just goes to show ya!! thanks!
    12-30-08 10:38 AM
    Cool! I'll give it a try, thanks!

And Jascias, yes, I deleted all my wallpaper from my device thinking I'd save memory. That just goes to show ya!! thanks!
    That's why your profile is locked, transfer some pics to the internal store of your phone memory.
    12-30-08 10:44 AM
    Thanks for your help, guys!

side note to mods - you can now move this thread to the "Idiots of the Day" forum!!
    12-30-08 10:57 AM
    OK - all the advice seemed to be right on - except that it's doing the same thing.

- I did the battery pull and reboot and moved wallpapers into my device memory.

- Everything looked cool, but then when the phone locked (I'm on a BES server so it locks frequently), and then I unlocked it, my wallpaper was back to my red check Verizon "ad" with no wallpaper background, and my shuffle doesn't show. Oh well, maybe I'll have to live with it.

Thanks anyway guys!
    12-30-08 11:00 AM
    Delete the BBThumbs.dat, in both the system and data card memory folders. Then give it a try again.
    12-30-08 11:06 AM
    Delete the BBThumbs.dat, in both the system and data card memory folders. Then give it a try again.
    Forgive my ignorance Jascias, but how do I do that? I looked for the .dat file but couldn't find it.
    12-30-08 11:11 AM
    Thanks for your help, guys!

side note to mods - you can now move this thread to the "Idiots of the Day" forum!!
    Actually, you're gonna see this pop up a bunch over the next few months,
    You're on the cutting edge of this one

And definitely do what Jascias suggested, plus do the battery pull after you move the pics to the internal memory.
    12-30-08 11:11 AM
    The Pic that you want as your wallpaper, should be save to your system memory, not your data card.
    I actually had the same problem as the OP until I moved my wallpapers from device memory to the memory card. Everytime I synched with DM I would lose my wallpaper. Since moving to the memory card, everything has worked great. The above is true for both .83 and .
    12-30-08 11:15 AM
    Forgive my ignorance Jascias, but how do I do that? I looked for the .dat file but couldn't find it.
    Sorta like this.

12-30-08 11:39 AM
    Again, I really appreciate all the help you're suggesting, but I'm still at square one. Deleted the .dat files, moved wallpaper into device memory, and have removed the battery multiple times. It just refuses to do what it's supposed to do!
    12-30-08 12:27 PM
    Hmmmmmm......I too am at a loss what it could be. The last thing I could suggest is to do a total wipe and reinstall the OS. It shouldn't be doing this, as it works fine on mine, so something is corrupted. Sorry I couldn't be further help.
    Last edited by Jascias; 12-30-08 at 01:00 PM.
    12-30-08 12:53 PM
    if we wanted a new wallpaper, what resolution (well dimensions) should it be?
    12-30-08 01:09 PM
    You want 360x480
    12-30-08 01:11 PM
    Dude, don't worry about it - you've been a big help! (and your torx post was excellent!!)

360x480
    12-30-08 01:12 PM
    Got a link to wallpaper shuffle?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 01:42 PM
    Got a link to wallpaper shuffle?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I found the link somewhere on this site (when they were "advertising" it on the home page - it's about 6 pages back if you want to look at the info first).

WallpaperShuffle - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    12-30-08 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD