It's a really sleek phone and I personally love to use it naked.

But it shatters way too easily from what I've read around here. Anybody gone naked and lived to tell the tale?
    09-21-10 02:03 AM
    been case free since the storm 1 came out.. on my original storm 2...
    09-21-10 02:45 AM
    Never used a case, never seen it shatter.

It does have a 'phantomskinz' on the screen though.
    09-21-10 03:12 AM
    i have used the otter box defender but been sporting it naked lately
    09-21-10 05:44 AM
    That's interesting.. almost contrary to what I've read in past threads. 2-foot drops resulted in glass shattering and stuff. I'm tempted to go naked but I'm pretty sure if I drop it that would happen to me.
    09-21-10 06:35 AM
    or even a screen protector. Been that way since my S1. I just don't drop mine.
    09-21-10 07:28 AM
    or even a screen protector. Been that way since my S1. I just don't drop mine.
    I wish I could say that for myself. I don't like to drop my phones too, but sh*t happens no? A stranger bumping into your hands while you're using your BB can easily fling it onto the ground. And all you get is a "sorry" even if your BB breaks.
    09-21-10 07:47 AM
    I wish I could say that for myself. I don't like to drop my phones too, but sh*t happens no? A stranger bumping into your hands while you're using your BB can easily fling it onto the ground. And all you get is a "sorry" even if your BB breaks.
    yeah, that and the satisfaction of a good right cross!
    09-21-10 07:52 AM
    Depends on the day for me. Sometimes I like to use it without a case, other days I have one of my Epik cases protecting it.

Not really sure why I risk it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-10 08:51 AM
    My friend used his HTC magic without a case for a year and it's in good shape. There are wear marks on the corners and battery cover but the screen is unharmed.

Personally I don't care too much about wear. Scuffs maybe a little but I'm most concerned about the LCD screen breaking if I drop it.
    09-21-10 09:02 AM
    I have the otter box commuter for the rough days, but most of the time now I have to go naked because I use the extended battery and not even Seidii makes a case for it.

09-21-10 09:02 AM
    None on mine...

Had an S1 since launch and then upgraded to S2 shortly after launch. Still have both original devices, never used a case on either, both still in great shape!

/knocks on wood.
    09-21-10 09:18 AM
    HAHAHA! Oh my god I cannot tell you how much of a fricken tank this phone is. Mine did a barrel roll across a parking lot and only received two scratches where the invisible shield wasn't. True it was in my holster (the thing sucks if you don't use a belt) but I didn't expect the phone to live. This phone is durable.
    09-21-10 09:22 AM
    I'm so close to taking off the Commuter case off mine and going naked after reading all your posts. So close..
    09-21-10 09:40 AM
    I still use it without any case and I got mine the day it came to shops, I dropped it a few times, and it didn't shatter, only thing I'm using is a screen protector. So far soo good, now I'm off to knock on wood
    09-21-10 10:14 AM
    That's it! My Commuter is coming off...
    09-21-10 10:21 AM
    Naked....from day 1 and still loving it!
    09-21-10 10:31 AM
    I still go without a case
    09-21-10 10:55 AM
    I have used both S1 and S2 naked and I have dropped both MANY MANY times on concrete, wood, etc... nothing but some cosmetic(scratches to exterior never to glass) damage. They have fallen numerous times on the screen and it has never scratched. I did have to return my S2 due to damage, but it fell out of my pocket as I was getting out of my truck and I slammed the door at the perfect(or not) time and it crushed it. Not many cases are going to stop that, if any.
    09-21-10 11:17 AM
    I have NEVER put a case on my 9550. I hardly EVER drop phones, but after owning my baby for about ten months, I've dropped her once. Expletives were screamed out as I walked across the parking lot, but thanks to my full body PhantomSkinz, there was only one scratch on one unprotected corner of the phone. The screen still is in perfect condition. Let's be honest here...naked is the way to go.
    09-21-10 11:20 AM
    it fell out of my pocket as I was getting out of my truck and I slammed the door at the perfect(or not) time and it crushed it.
    Hahahahaha! I'm not laughing at you, but that would be hard to replicate...very unlucky. I would crack up if I saw that happen in real life. Especially with a door SLAM...not a door shut.
    09-21-10 11:23 AM
    I still use it without case also.
    09-21-10 11:27 AM
    I have NEVER put a case on my 9550. I hardly EVER drop phones, but after owning my baby for about ten months, I've dropped her once. Expletives were screamed out as I walked across the parking lot, but thanks to my full body PhantomSkinz, there was only one scratch on one unprotected corner of the phone. The screen still is in perfect condition. Let's be honest here...naked is the way to go.
    Doesn't PhantomSkinz accumulate dust and lint around the edges over time? It irritates me to no end. I had it on initially and was ready to rock it without any case. Then I couldn't stand the lint and promptly tore everything off. I got an OtterBox in the end.
    09-21-10 11:34 AM
    I use an old HP IPAQ sleeve case that my S2 slides into easily, just to give the screen a fighting chance while in my pocket. After 1 1/2 years of the S1 and 3 months of the S2, never had a cracked screen. I use the stock screen protectors and a skin because the S1 & S2 are way too slippery when naked IMHO. They slip out of my hands all the time without a skin on and I would be facing disaster within a week without a skin.
    I use my old S1 skin on my S2. The sound hole is in the wrong place for the s2 but it works OK for now and does not affect my phone use. I'm really loving the S2, only have to remove the skin about every two weeks to do a battery pull. With the Storm 1, it was battery pulls 3 or 4 times a day with huge memory leaks on top of that.
    09-21-10 11:35 AM
    Never had an issue. Mine is naked with exception to an e-grips sticker on the back side.

09-21-10 01:57 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD