View Poll Results: Should I have my 9650 with Otterbox defender or naked?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the Otterbox Defender on it.

17 23.94%
  • Leave the 9650 naked to see all of its beauty?

55 77.46%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    thinking of leaving it naked and using an OEM holster and charging pod. I may even get a Seidio 2600 maH extended battery. It is my understanding that the holster and charging pod work with the extended battery.

I really baby my blackberries and think that I may be okay with this. My trackpad tilts to the right but everything works perfectly.

What do all of you think of this? Keep it in the Otterbox defender (I can always use this later if I deem necessary) or keep her naked (I have a privacy screen protector on it already)?
    06-28-10 12:22 AM
    Get The OtterBox Commuter (:
    06-28-10 12:42 AM
    i dont use cases, there over rated. i used to be anal about my phone and put bse or clear protector all over it but i could care less now days. its nice when its but it gets knicked and scratched and dropped like everything else. its a personal choice though. i dont use cases , the phone itself is enough to carry. i do use a pod, i get one for each bb i get. lucky i was able to use the tour one for this new bold.
    06-28-10 01:03 AM
    I don't think the otterbox cases are worth all the money. I go on ebay and buy a regular hard shell case. It's tough as nails and looks great. Especially when you buy different colors then mix n match.
    06-28-10 01:40 AM
    I never use cases, but I also never drop my phone, or put it any pocket that isn't an inside pocket. Both of my Blackberries had 1 scratch on them each, and they were extremely small.
    06-28-10 02:20 AM
    I would get a case mainly to protect against moisture. I carry my BB while jogging and I wouldn't want to risk damaging it with my sweat.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-10 03:40 AM
    i picked up a 9000 sleeve to protect it, and don't drop my phone. worked ok for the curve.
    06-28-10 05:13 AM
    I use to be a big fan of snap on cases and gel skins. Now I use the Blackberry OEM leather holster with the rotating clip. I think that works good for me. Plus, it has sleep mode built into the pouch so my battery last longer and it doesn't call people by mistake! Just be careful. not to drop it when taking out of the holster like I did, OUCH!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-10 05:45 AM
    Epik cases look and work better than anything I've seen from Seidio, Incipio, Casemate, etc. Otterbox is overkill, with that price, you could just get insurance. Plus, they add ridiculous bulk to a nice small phone.
    06-28-10 05:57 AM
    It is an awesome looking phone when naked. I do use my Defender when I am working as I can be in harsh environments. At home or out and about, I keep it naked.
    06-28-10 06:17 AM
    I'm very careful with my phones. I use a leather side case with the sleep mode. I prefer to have my Bold naked.
    06-28-10 06:39 AM
    I use the OEM holster too. Tried a case-mate holster/case on my Curve and it was just too bulky.
    06-28-10 07:10 AM
    It is an awesome looking phone when naked. I do use my Defender when I am working as I can be in harsh environments. At home or out and about, I keep it naked.
    So you routinely place it in and then remove from the Otterbox. I've always found in/out a pain but maybe I'm just too lazy. I hike, bike and cross-country ski so keep it always protected in the Defender. I wear a sports jacket to work and still keep it in the Defender. I removed the spring clip from the holster and use the holster as a slip case.
    06-28-10 08:03 AM
    i use a silicone skin $10 and no screen protector..

easy on and off to use the charging pod
    06-28-10 08:06 AM
    i gotta go out and buy new cases for my bold since non of my tour innocase covers will fit...not only because of the change with the charger port but to me the cases i have seem just a bit bigger than the bold
    06-28-10 08:19 AM
    I'd always went nekkid... but i just ordered the Otterbox Commuter, since this is the BB I deeply like ---decided to protect it
    06-28-10 08:31 AM
    Always naked. Spring clip holsters from Seidio have been my holder of choice for years. A little pricey, but they last forever, have the sleeper magnet, and now the spring clip locks on the holster to further protect the berry.
    06-28-10 08:40 AM
    I see alot more do as I have always done with every device and thats go naked. I don't like cases or screen protectors. I carry 99% of the time right in my shirt pocket. I prefer this and will never change my ways. The bold is an attractive piece of work, why hide it? For those that are rough or afraid of drops then by all means you gotta protect it.
    06-28-10 09:44 AM
    Always naked. Spring clip holsters from Seidio have been my holder of choice for years. A little pricey, but they last forever, have the sleeper magnet, and now the spring clip locks on the holster to further protect the berry.
    Is a holster considered naked? I thought naked meant naked as in nada, nothing,plain.
    06-28-10 09:46 AM
    Naked is normally used for in the pocket or just carrying.....

Holster still adds protection.
    06-28-10 10:02 AM
    I dropped my Tour from maybe less than a foot when it slipped out of my pocket when I was curled up on chair and it had a huge scratch. The other time happened when I accidentally dropped it when mishandling it out of my pocket. It scratches very easily, so I decided to get an Otterbox Commuter case and it makes i much easier to handle and it is protected if I should drop it. It doesn't add much bulk at all and still looks very good.

I'd say try the commuter or just keep the defender. Too easily could you mishandle your phone and drop it. Why take the chance?
    06-28-10 10:04 AM
    i use the phantomskinz and i love it. i usually spend a month at the beach in the summer and i use an otterbox defender during that month. i have a 5 y/o that tends to kick sand in everything and the otter box is cheaper than having to replace the phone once or twice a year. otherwise the otterbox is too big. i use a bold 9000 case when i wear pants with big pockets and the holster case that came with the phone the rest of the time. the otterbox is great if you are in a really tough environment but otherwise it's overkill.
    06-28-10 10:07 AM
    Epik cases look and work better than anything I've seen from Seidio, Incipio, Casemate, etc. Otterbox is overkill, with that price, you could just get insurance. Plus, they add ridiculous bulk to a nice small phone.
    When I got my Tour last July, I went through a few different options. Phantom Skins, OEM silicone skin, and the Epik case. The Phantom skins was nice, but the edges of the skins bugged me. It just didn't feel right. The OEM silicone skin was just too flimsy. I couldn't even use the holster that came with the Tour. I finally tried the Epik one and it's great!

I'm very careful with my BB anyway, but it definitely saved it on a couple drops from mishandling. I got the spring lock holster made for the case too.

With my new Bold, I occasionally use the epik case/holster combo. I have the battery cover Phantom skin on, and use a slim leather holster from ebay. I like the no-case feel, and I can still set it down on a table without fear of scratching up the back.
    06-28-10 10:18 AM
    I plan to buy an otterbox defender and holster and keep it @ the firehouse but other than that I leave it naked
    06-28-10 11:15 AM
    For me, it's the Seidio case and charging pods. The case is designed for their pods, so no removal is necessary for charing.
    06-28-10 11:44 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD