Hey guys, just gotten my first BB and im saying the experience has been excellent thus far!

However, i've noticed on 3 occasions when i left my Bold in the leather holster for a period of about 1-6 hrs, the screen was completely white when i unsheathed it. The screen immediately came on as usual when i pressed a button... Is this a precursor to some hardware or LCD failure? Or is this normal? Do i have any reason to get worried?? Btw, this doesnt happen when my phone is resting outside its holster.

Would appreciate any known info form whoever has had a similar experience.

Cheers
    12-18-09 07:14 AM
    All "stock" Blackberry holsters have a proximity sensor built into them, which is basically a magnet sewn into the fabric/leather. This proximity sensor is designed to put your 'berry into "sleep" mode, thus preserving battery life and ensuring no accidental "holster placed" calls.

As you see I own an S2 so I can't speak directly about your experience, but I think this is what you're talking about. Nothing to worry about, it's the way your 'berry's supposed to work.
    12-18-09 07:55 AM
    My 9000 did the same for a bit until I changed the theme. In my case the problem appears to have been theme lag. My phone lives much of the day holstered but comes alive immediately now. In any event your observations seem to suggest no dysfunction.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD