Hey everyone, I need to find some high quality videos to put on my Bold. I need some more clips to show off to my friend who is all about the iPhone. The Speed Racer clip has awesome video quality and it really shows off the Bold's awesome screen. I tried copying a DVD of mine over but the quality was kind of poor. Does anyone have any tips on where to get some videos that really shine on the new Bold screen? Movies, TV clips, anything?
    11-08-08 08:21 PM
    Hi,

I also want to know how to get movies onto the BB Bold in that high quality
    11-08-08 11:40 PM
    use good encoder settings. 480x320 i believe is the screen resolution. try 1000kbps for the bitrate if you really want it to look good. 2000kbps is a bit over the top and it'll just be wasting space. you need to de-interlace the source video so the resolution is proper, maintain aspect ratio. if it won't go fullscreen without stretching, maintain aspect ratio and make the video smaller so you get black bars.

i can't recommend any good applications, but that's a start.
    11-08-08 11:49 PM
    can some one post m3 ad from the bold???? cuz the att doesnt have it
    11-08-08 11:57 PM
    11-09-08 12:35 AM
    11-09-08 12:40 AM
    Lol how do we download these to our Bold? I deleted them and if I click them OTA on my Blackberry it says "entity too large".
    01-18-10 12:31 AM
    Download them to PC, connect bold in mass storage mode and drag em onto the memory card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 02:44 AM
    I use the site Download Free Movies For Your Mobile

Excellent quality!

Just make sure the movie you're downloading says 'dvd' in it somewhere and not 'cam'. Download it to your computer and drop them onto your sd card.
    01-19-10 10:02 AM
    I have been using Vuclip (vuclip.com) ... The video quality I get is really nice. Have you guys given it a try?
    01-19-10 01:10 PM
    Use Firefox and the add-on "VideoDownloader" to download Youtube videos in HD, make sure it's in the MP4 (not flv) format; the BB's media player already supports MP4/Mpeg4 - then transfer it to your BB's MicroSD card.

That's how I watch Hi-Def trailers like Avatar and Iron Man 2 on my Curve 8900.
    01-19-10 01:34 PM
    Use Firefox and the add-on "VideoDownloader" to download Youtube videos in HD, make sure it's in the MP4 (not flv) format; the BB's media player already supports MP4/Mpeg4 - then transfer it to your BB's MicroSD card.

That's how I watch Hi-Def trailers like Avatar and Iron Man 2 on my Curve 8900.
    Great tip funk! Can you tell us which videodownloader you use? I see five add-ons listed, but none are just called VideoDownloader.
    Last edited by tafkap777; 01-19-10 at 02:36 PM.
    01-19-10 02:15 PM
    Sorry to all - my mistake: the FireFox add-on is called "Video Downloadhelper 4.7"

Same principles apply though, use the addon to download the MP4/Mpeg4 format of the Youtube HD video, save directly to your BB's memorycard and then play with your BB.

I just downloaded the "Sherlock Holmes" trailer in HD from Youtube.

Sorry about the mistake guys!!
    01-20-10 12:26 AM
    Trailers are great to watch, but why buy the milk when you can have the whole cow? Here's a link to a thread on this site that has a ton of movies already formatted for most BlackBerrys.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f66/my-...s-post-194778/

Enjoy!!!

PS-Download these movies to your memory card, not your phone memory. Also, if you click and drag this movie in Desktop Manager to your phone, use "copy with no conversion" rather than "copy with maximum conversion". It will make the downloading process much quicker, and I've yet to see a difference in the quality of the files.
    01-21-10 07:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD