The Impact and Commuter case don't come with hip holsters, if you want to carry on your hip, the Defender comes with a holster clip/pocket (solid plastic and very tough!) Also if you are in public service and need a wider clip on the your belt, Otterbox sells a large belt clip which is outstanding.

The Defender case also comes with a clear solid plastic cover for the LCD display built in, the Commuter and Impact comes with just a clear flexible plastic membrane to apply over the screen. Also, the Defender includes an keyboard cover (which can use or not) and the Commuter doesn't

FYI - I got my Defender case off eBay for $34 shipped compared to Otterbox.com which as $49.95 plus shipping - Even at full price, the Defender case is worth every penny!

People make fun of my Defender case when pull out my Tour and it has an industrial look, when I go to formal events such as high level meetings and such, I take my baby out of it's Defender case and use the standard leather BlackBerry holster case.
    06-21-10 10:55 AM
    Does anyone know for sure if the Commuter case will fit in the standard BlackBerry leather case?

Perhaps it would be a snug fit?
    06-21-10 10:59 AM
    Doubtful, if it did it would be a very snug fit and while you might be able to push it in, you would a have a devil of a time getting it out.
    06-21-10 02:05 PM
    Doubtful, if it did it would be a very snug fit and while you might be able to push it in, you would a have a devil of a time getting it out.
    Yeah, that was what I was figuring, I will have to see when I get my case I guess.

Thanks.
    06-21-10 03:03 PM
    Just purchased an Otterbox Defender Series for the Tour 9600 series. I have a 9650 and the case fits perfectly. No issues with the charging port. The only drawback is that it does add some bulk and weight to the phone.

I love that it has built in screen protection. No more messing with screen films for me.

I am on Verizon but I got the case at a local Sprint store.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-21-10 04:09 PM
    Got my commuter for my 9700 from Amazon..great case with good protection,adds little or no extra bulk and fits in my pocket!

Robin
    06-21-10 04:37 PM
    I live in Alberta Canada and most telus stores sell otter boxes if your looking up here.
    06-21-10 05:30 PM
    Bought my Otterbox Commuter for my 9650 at antonline.com for $27.50 shipped!
    I bought it a week ago, so I think price went up a couple dollars. Around $40 at Otterbox.com.
    By the way, It is a great case!
    Last edited by Discreplayer; 06-21-10 at 06:47 PM.
    06-21-10 06:45 PM
    Does anyone know for sure if the Commuter case will fit in the standard BlackBerry leather case?

Perhaps it would be a snug fit?
    Well I got my Commuter Case in today, very happy with it, worth every bit of $21.79.

As far as fitting in the BlackBerry Leather case, it is *snug* and its a bit difficult to get out, but after working it a few times, I think it will be just fine.
    06-22-10 12:50 PM
    Well I got my Commuter Case in today, very happy with it, worth every bit of $21.79.

As far as fitting in the BlackBerry Leather case, it is *snug* and its a bit difficult to get out, but after working it a few times, I think it will be just fine.
    Did you buy it from ebay? Because thats the same price I paid for mine lol.

Waiting on my Commuter Case right now, I hope its a nice upgrade from the Impact case.
    06-22-10 01:24 PM
    Did you buy it from ebay? Because thats the same price I paid for mine lol.

Waiting on my Commuter Case right now, I hope its a nice upgrade from the Impact case.
    I bought mine from Cellular and Mobile Phone Accessories -TheCellGuru.com

19.80 + 1.99 shipping.
    06-22-10 02:21 PM
    I was just wondering where would I be able to buy an otterbox case for my bold besides online. Where I live we only have a little verizon stand in our mall which doesn't carry them. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hi. Even i was searching the same as you doing now and what i found was a largest collection of otterbox with lots of color, Design and variety was there in sfplanet.com
    I bought some for my Blackberry Mobiles. It was amazing and added beauty to it. Even i had saved 30% of my money by using Coupon Code: "OTT30OFF" and free shipping too.
    05-08-12 03:26 PM
    I think otterbox started cost-cutting their newer 9900 commuter manufacturing. The commuter I received recently is a piece of crap compared to the older 9900 otterbox commuter that I have.

The skin and plastic fits poorly (there is wiggle room between the device and the skin), the buttons are harder to push, the headphone flap is harder to open because it doesn't fit in the skin quite right, the plastic has some hard, unfinished edges, the plastic generally feels like crap, etc, etc...

The quality was bad enough compared to the old one that I thought it was a knockoff, but according to Otterbox themselves it's legit...

Think i'm gonna have to stop purchasing otterbox from now on...
    05-08-12 07:39 PM
    Hi, This is James! I used to buy Only Otterbox for my phone. I like it the most and i am making a little collections also.
    Two days back i was to buy some more otterbox and i was searching for it. And i found a web-store called SF Planet(sfplanet.com) where they offer 30% off for all kind and variety of Otterbox with a wide range! Even they provide free shipping also over U.S! Please Check it through its website.
    And one more thing don't forget to use the coupon code: "OTT30OFF" for placing the orders to your favorite otterbox in sfplanet.com
    05-09-12 01:36 PM
    I got my otterbox commuter series online, that time it was free of shipping for only $11.29. Sorry I forgot to mentioned where I got it, its here
    Last edited by clickmaster; 05-10-12 at 07:13 AM.
    05-10-12 06:34 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD