I was just wondering where would I be able to buy an otterbox case for my bold besides online. Where I live we only have a little verizon stand in our mall which doesn't carry them. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-10 06:04 PM
    Apparently Sprint sells the Otterbox Defender cases (though it doesn't specify if they do in stores as well, but worth a call) Sprint - All Accessories

Other then that, I have only ever seen them online. Most of the times you can get them within a few days for not much extra on the shipping. Definitely worth the wait for the amount of protection you will receive.
    06-20-10 06:07 PM
    Ok yea I was thinking of checking the sprint store out here. Maybe ill just order it online. Thanks a lot

06-20-10 06:11 PM
    Otterbox.com

Got mine there. Easy. Fast. Great customer service.

-db
    06-20-10 06:11 PM
    Where are you located? You can find them in NYC at Mobilecityonline and J&R.
    06-20-10 06:32 PM
    I ordered mine from TheCellGuru just a few days ago. Should be here mid next week.
    06-20-10 06:35 PM
    ebay is the cheapest place to find them
    06-20-10 06:40 PM
    I ordered mine from TheCellGuru just a few days ago. Should be here mid next week.
    That case is for the 9630.
    06-20-10 06:54 PM
    And one of the reviews said this:
    "I LOVE this case! However, websites everywhere are saying this case is compatible with the 9650, which it is, for the most part... However, the 9650's mini D connector (where you charge the battery) has moved ever so slightly from the 9630 (the BB Tour), so it's very hard to charge the phone with the case on. I've managed to fix the charging wire (shaved a little of the connector off) to get it to charge while in the Otterbox. I wish companies would realize this and make not of it BEFORE people buy it. But overall, I love it!"

Has anyone else had problems plugging in the mini USB with the Otter case on?
    06-20-10 08:01 PM
    They make one specifically for the 9650. It needs NO modification to accept the charger. I have one it works great. The only way you would need to do this is if you bought the one made for the tour...

-db

Oh and to the OP I apologize. I re-read the original post and realized you said where "besides" online....
    Last edited by daddybear; 06-20-10 at 08:12 PM.
    06-20-10 08:09 PM
    They make one specifically for the 9650. It needs NO modification to accept the charger. I have one it works great. The only way you would need to do this is if you bought the one made for the tour...

-db
    Awesome. The case looks very slick. Looks as if it adds almost no bulk. Where did you get the case for the 9650? The Otter Cases website only shows that they currently only make it for the 9630.
    Last edited by edwingmel; 06-20-10 at 08:14 PM.
    06-20-10 08:12 PM
    06-20-10 08:18 PM
    I would like to try it before I buy it. It looks too good to be true. Doesn't look like it adds any bulk at all! Can I get it in any local store?
    06-20-10 08:21 PM
    I haven't seen it in any stores near me yet. Best buy carries it for the tour...so I assume they will get it for the bold...it's about as bulky as a silicone skin. But much much better. I love mine.

-db
    06-20-10 08:24 PM
    And which would you recommend? The Commuter case or the Defender case? (I'm not interested in the Impact case)
    06-20-10 08:25 PM
    I used the EPIK case for my Tour for the longest time and didn't plan on every switching once I got my Bold. I saw a friend of mine who had the Otterbox Commuter case for their Tour and I loved it, so I ordered the Bold version right from their website. It fits my Bold perfectly and I have not had to take it off once, and it wouldn't be a problem if I did have to. Protects the phone very well, and slides in and out of the pocket with ease. If you search online, you can find a coupon code for their website.
    06-20-10 08:29 PM
    The defender is a lot bigger (to me). And suffers from the problem of all silicone skins...(it has the silicone cover on the OUTside) it drags taking it in and out of a pocket...

The commuter is silicone first then covered with a smooth plastic cover.

The defender IS more protection. It covers the screen..the commuter uses a stick on screen protector. The defender also has a keyboard protector...

If you go onto YouTube and search otterbox there are some great videos showing both types and their pros and cons...

For me i like the commuter...

-db
    06-20-10 08:32 PM
    Well, based on that I think I am leaning towards the Commuter case. Thanks for your help!

P.S. Where can I find a discount coupon? I'll order it right now!
    06-20-10 08:36 PM
    Get'em here of course.
    06-20-10 08:36 PM
    Can't find the Otter Commuter case for the 9650 on the crackberry website
    06-20-10 08:40 PM
    Here you go for the coupon. 10% off and free ground shipping- techbargains6100p
    06-20-10 08:49 PM
    That case is for the 9630.
    I saw the OP had that as his phone listed, so I was not sure if he still had that, so that is why I provided that link.

But I am excited to get mine, should be pretty slick.
    06-20-10 08:51 PM
    Here you go for the coupon. 10% off and free ground shipping- techbargains6100p
    Awesome! The free shipping saves me a few bucks! Thank you!
    06-20-10 08:51 PM
    I bought mine at a Sprint company store when I picked up the phone, and it is most definitely specific to the 9650. We put it on at the store to make sure I like it, and that everything fit.
    06-20-10 09:18 PM
    Otterbox.com

Got mine there. Easy. Fast. Great customer service.

-db
    Agreed....Great Customer Service.....I'm waiting on my 9650 (free upgrade from my broken 9630) and they actually sent me a new screen protector for free!

My buddy has a defender case for his Tour and it ripped....he emailed them....they shipped him a replacement free of charge......I'd order from otterbox anyday!

Kenny

06-21-10 08:03 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD