I have heard that the application of it can be kind of difficult? But I have also heard that it is extremely durable. Is this true?

What are your personal experiences with this accessory?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 07:41 PM
    I have heard that the application of it can be kind of difficult? But I have also heard that it is extremely durable. Is this true?

What are your personal experiences with this accessory?

I put one on my storm and love it. I have no issues with the orange peel effect that some people talk and I don't find that it is sticky either (another common complaint). I actually find that it makes my BB easier to hold. It took me about an hour to put on, but I took my time to be sure that I got all of the pieces on right. Just be sure to put the solution on your fingers as I got some fingerprints on the underside of my shield and they are still visible. After I put it on, I left my BB sit overnight turned off and when I came back in the morning it was perfect. I HIGHLY recommend it.
    02-07-09 10:51 PM
    Got the full body coverage for the Bold (although i didn't apply to the faux leather back). Installation took about < 30 min. Easy to apply. And like previous poster, I've don't have the orange peel effect nor is my shield sticky. I also use the Invisible Shield for my laptop, ipod touch, and ipod classic. Awesome Product!
    02-08-09 12:22 AM
    I installed one on my phone and I now love it. When I first put it on, it looked awful. The longer it sets up, the better and better it looks. After 24 hrs, it looked great. I purchased the full coverage but didn't install the screen coverage because I already had a screen protector. I love the full body coverage.
    02-08-09 01:38 AM
    Does it protect the bezel / chrome on the Bold? That's all I am really looking for (+ the screen of course), but from the pics on the website, it appears as though the trim may be the only piece excluded ..
    I sure hope that's not the case..
    02-09-09 07:21 AM
    I've got just the screen protector on my curve. As long as you leave the device off for a few hours after install then there should be no worries. It really does get better and clear up after 48 hours. Overall a great purchase with great protection.

02-09-09 09:41 AM
    I bought one for my Pearl and my gf's. i put her's on first and as others said, after the "healing" process, I think it looks great. Great protection too!
    02-10-09 09:16 AM
    I put the total body coverage on my Curve. It took about an hour and I let it "Cure" for 24 hour. Looks great!! A breeze to put on, just take your time. I love it.
    02-10-09 09:57 AM
    i just have it in my battery cover and screen, i think it's amazing.
    02-16-09 03:37 PM
    yeah its great! does have texture but is not a problem. i think it actually improve. My father doesn't have one and when i type on his my fingers slide all over and I miss the key i am trying to hit. definitely recommend..
    02-16-09 03:42 PM
    Highly Recommended. Used it on my last 2 phones. Be patient and DON'T try to overwork it if you have small bubbles. Let it do its thing over the first couple of days and you'll be happy with the install. Good stuff.
    04-18-09 01:58 PM
    I have one on my macbook and just ordered one for my berry! I think they worth their money!
    04-19-09 06:59 PM
    I have one for my pearl (screen only) and its great! I got mine to wet and had a tough time positioning it, but I got it after a few tries. There are a few minor bubbles but nothing that bothers me. Great protection and peace of mind for $20 cnd. From my provider's store.

04-19-09 07:34 PM
    I hated it on my bold, and finally pulled it off the other day and threw it away. Yeah it's pretty much bulletproof, but it was too grippy, and it would squeak against my ear when I'd talk on the phone. I had it cover my screen and bezel. So glad its gone. I also noticed the orange peel effect and hated that too. I've seen one for the iphone which is non-reflective, and think I'll try that next.

04-19-09 08:12 PM
    I have an invisibleshield on several devices, even on my macbook! I totaly love it and have ordered one for my new berry!
    04-21-09 05:14 PM
    I love it, haven't had any problems with it.
    04-21-09 05:26 PM
    Does it protect the bezel / chrome on the Bold? That's all I am really looking for (+ the screen of course), but from the pics on the website, it appears as though the trim may be the only piece excluded ..
    I sure hope that's not the case..
    Sort of. It contains short strips protecting the wider bits on the side of the phone. These come in sections, leaving the buttons and ports uncovered along with areas around them. Also the angled area adjacent to the screen and keypad is not covered (Really a shame). Applying the shield to the leather back it tricky. But once it is done, it actually looks quite good and feels alright, too.
    04-22-09 07:33 PM
    Mine was stickey,was difficult to apply and if you carry it your pocket,you'll have lint attached to the edges-it does protect the phone, I have the full coverage, and it does keep the phone from sliding around so there's the ying/yang
    04-22-09 07:44 PM
    I love it on my 8830.

Price: $19.99 for one sheild and a hard peice of plastic to push out the air bubbles, not bad for a product with a lifetime warranty.

Installation: In my opnion it took way to long, about an hour if I remember correctly. I took a few tips from people and ran a hot shower to get the dust out the air, kept touching the sheild to a minimum. Plus a 24 hours curing time.

Today: Im on my 3rd so far (go go lifetime warranty), I hate skinning my device as it doesnt fit in my pocket or case well so this is the best soloution for me. If you have the Bold its even better as it covers the screen, the buttons around the trackball and the back if you desire.
    04-22-09 09:44 PM
    Mine was stickey,was difficult to apply and if you carry it your pocket,you'll have lint attached to the edges-it does protect the phone, I have the full coverage, and it does keep the phone from sliding around so there's the ying/yang
    I HATE the lint attached to the phone after putting it in the pocket. That being said I love the feel of the screen and it prevents fingerprint smudges.

But seriously the lint is real bad on the storm because of the gaps around the screen. Looks like my phone is years old with all the dust and lint attached. Hopefully it will get better over time.

05-27-09 03:58 PM
    I love it on my 8830.

Price: $19.99 for one sheild and a hard peice of plastic to push out the air bubbles, not bad for a product with a lifetime warranty.

Installation: In my opnion it took way to long, about an hour if I remember correctly. I took a few tips from people and ran a hot shower to get the dust out the air, kept touching the sheild to a minimum. Plus a 24 hours curing time.

Today: Im on my 3rd so far (go go lifetime warranty), I hate skinning my device as it doesnt fit in my pocket or case well so this is the best soloution for me. If you have the Bold its even better as it covers the screen, the buttons around the trackball and the back if you desire.

Each one comes with a lifetime warranty? Can you get a new one shipped because of a bad install (I have air bubbles on my screen and might hve used too much liquid causing the lint to attach).

How easy is it to remove and reinstall the IS?

05-27-09 04:00 PM
    I have it on several items and it has been great for all of them, even on my storm.
    05-27-09 04:11 PM
    I'm still curious about what specific reasons can I get a free replacement. I'm not happy with my install. Is it worth trying again?

05-28-09 06:25 AM
    I put one on my storm and while it took about an hour and was a little tricky at times it was well worth it. I have to admit that it looked pretty bad at first, but after setting up over night I was impressed with the change. Just take your time and you should get great results.

05-28-09 06:43 AM
    I use BSE and it's identical material, different packaging and lower price. I don't have lint stick to mine. I didn't cover the sides/bottom, just the whole back and top. I slide it in/out of leather case is why I left those parts off.
    05-28-09 12:54 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD