Are the physical dimensions of the Bold the same as the Tour?

I have a collection of skins, cases and holsters for my Tour and will hate to have to buy them all over again.
    06-05-10 06:43 PM
    I am on vacation in Florida. Verizon gave me an early upgrade and I ordered the second day I was here. Now my new Bold 2 is now at my house (I should have had it shipped here!) I also ordered my otterbox defender that will be there waiting on me when I get there, too.
    06-05-10 07:01 PM
    yea would the epik resin case for the tour fit the bold? thanks in advance guys
    06-05-10 08:17 PM
    I just bought the Seidio
    Innocase� 360 - Black

I really like it protect the phone all the way around
    06-05-10 09:06 PM
    i have a case/clip combo by "Platinum Cases" from Best Buy for my tour that im using. the only problem is that charging since its a hard case is kind of difficult. it easily will come out of the charging port. Looking for another case/clip combo at the moment i would love another one of these made for the 9650 since the case itself is about as thick as a silicone cover
    06-05-10 11:00 PM
    So...........let me start out by saying I love my Bold. Had a curve then a tour for 2 weeks. I spent the day looking for a case. Not happy with the Silicone...too flimsey and gets gross over time. I actually went to the sprint store and purchased the Pink Back Access Sheild! Fits great. Not sure if it comes in other colors. Love it!! I did not want to cover up so much of the phone since I like the color of it. Phone is great so far....No Problems.
    06-05-10 11:03 PM
    I've been using the pink Barely There case from Case Mate. I took it off yesterday to do a battery pull, and saw that several areas on the black "rubberized" section had either been rubbed away or discolored. It is now brownish/orange in those spots. (can post pics later, I'm at work now)

Has anyone else had this problem?
    07-01-10 10:06 AM
    Blue Seidio Innocase II from my Tour.
    07-01-10 11:06 AM
    oterbox commuter. really doesent add much bulk at all and i can slide it in and out of my pocket all day like phone sex, lol
    07-01-10 05:49 PM
    Trying to decide what case I should get for this bad boy.

Please share your thoughts and recommendations. Thanks!

BTW...loving my new toy!!!!!
    I'm using the one I found inside the Bold 9650 box!
    07-01-10 05:51 PM
    I went into Best Buy today and picked up their Platinum Series case and holster ($29.00) for $7.99. They are discontinuing everything for the Tour and were getting rid of their stock. It is actually the Seidio Innocase with holster. You may want to check your local store if interested. It is a very nice case and with a 30 second mod for the USB slot can't be beat IMO. It fits perfectly.
    Last edited by grncherry1; 07-01-10 at 07:16 PM.
    07-01-10 07:10 PM
    Otterbox commuter. LOVE it. Just the right amount of added protection without going up to the defender (which is pretty hefty). Smoother than just a silicone skin which never seems to slide in and out of the pocket without snagging...

-db

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    +1, great case
    07-01-10 08:29 PM
    Case Mate Gelli in Purple, Seidio Innocase Snap in Purple and a Silicone Skin in... um what color do you think? PURPLE!

Still on the look out for a few more...
    07-01-10 08:37 PM
    Case Mate Gelli in Purple, Seidio Innocase Snap in Purple and a Silicone Skin in... um what color do you think? PURPLE!

Still on the look out for a few more...
    jaydee, you have the Gelli case that's listed for the 9630? Did you have to modify it to get it to fit the 9650, or do the ports line up okay?
    I have the Barely There case, and no problem with the port, although the charging one isn't centered.

I had my first drop today The bezel is scratched along the bottom, where the case doesn't cover. Will be getting a more protective case asap...
    07-02-10 10:00 AM
    jaydee, you have the Gelli case that's listed for the 9630? Did you have to modify it to get it to fit the 9650, or do the ports line up okay?
    I have the Barely There case, and no problem with the port, although the charging one isn't centered.

I had my first drop today The bezel is scratched along the bottom, where the case doesn't cover. Will be getting a more protective case asap...
    I didn't modify the case at all. The charging port did not line up exactly but it charges just fine. I like the fact that it provides some protection while not picking up tons of lint and smutz like other silicone cases.
    07-02-10 10:25 AM
    I didn't modify the case at all. The charging port did not line up exactly but it charges just fine. I like the fact that it provides some protection while not picking up tons of lint and smutz like other silicone cases.
    Thanks, that sounds like just what I need
    07-02-10 12:45 PM
    Thanks, that sounds like just what I need

here's a picture of the side port for you to see!
    07-02-10 01:09 PM
    Perfect! Thank you

that's just how my Barely There case fits, and it charges fine...
    07-02-10 05:50 PM
    I went into Best Buy today and picked up their Platinum Series case and holster ($29.00) for $7.99. They are discontinuing everything for the Tour and were getting rid of their stock. It is actually the Seidio Innocase with holster. You may want to check your local store if interested. It is a very nice case and with a 30 second mod for the USB slot can't be beat IMO. It fits perfectly.
    Can we see how you moded the case and what you used to do it. I am afraid that since the case is so delicate I may damage it so I would like to know how you went about modding it.
    07-08-10 08:54 AM
    I did the same thing the other day. I got it as a standby to my Otterbox Defender. I just got my charging pod and really want to use it but I don't trust myself with my Bold naked.
    07-08-10 09:21 PM
    I would get the Otterbox Defender case. I have found it very hard to damage the case. I have dropped it off a ladder two floors up and there was still no damage.
    07-08-10 09:49 PM
    Can we see how you moded the case and what you used to do it. I am afraid that since the case is so delicate I may damage it so I would like to know how you went about modding it.
    The Xacto is very sharp and has no problem trimming a fraction of an inch off the top portion of the hole for the USB port. Just take your time and you will have no problem. The material is pretty tough, don't think you will break it if you are careful. Really can't tell that it was modded at all. If I can figure out how to post pics I will.
    07-08-10 10:08 PM
    Here is a couple of pics of the mod.
    07-08-10 11:37 PM
    Here is a couple of pics of the mod.
    Your mod looks great!! One question I do have is does the clip directly above the modded portion of the case still snap closed. Looking at the case design I was worried the clip would no longer work. I used a file to file down the case but didn't file enough to actually allow the plugs to fit properly. Will need to do so more modification later on.
    07-09-10 08:12 AM
    Your mod looks great!! One question I do have is does the clip directly above the modded portion of the case still snap closed. Looking at the case design I was worried the clip would no longer work. I used a file to file down the case but didn't file enough to actually allow the plugs to fit properly. Will need to do so more modification later on.
    It snaps together fine,right above the USB slot. Not to worry....
    07-09-10 10:21 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD