Just wondering if anyone has thoughts about 'mega-upload'.... which is very rich with material for download..........

There has to be a catch..... right

love to hear any experiences or words of advice b4 I mess stuff up
    12-05-09 02:48 PM
    I've used Megaupload for over a year and haven't had any problems (that I'm aware of) with downloads. There are several other file sharing sites that I've stayed away from because of warnings from my browser, but it's only happened a couple times. I use Firefox as my main browser.
    12-06-09 09:03 AM
    I'm worried about that too...will mcafee virus scan find any spy ware or what not...I just bought a new computer and if I get a something from mega upload...ill be very angry lol...is fire fox better them ie?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 10:22 AM
    It is relatively unlikely you will get hit with malicious software simply by visiting the megaupload site. However, the site is a rat's nest of warez and cracked software and there is an increased risk to installing anything from an unknown or untrusted source.

The big danger is social engineering, and persuading users to install malware alongside something else. It is a trivial matter to modify and rebuild a Windows installer, to add a few items which were not part of the original software. Or the software you install is not what you expected but by the time you find out all your personal info has been emailed to Ukraine and China.
    12-06-09 11:08 AM
    It is relatively unlikely you will get hit with malicious software simply by visiting the megaupload site. However, the site is a rat's nest of warez and cracked software and there is an increased risk to installing anything from an unknown or untrusted source.

The big danger is social engineering, and persuading users to install malware alongside something else. It is a trivial matter to modify and rebuild a Windows installer, to add a few items which were not part of the original software. Or the software you install is not what you expected but by the time you find out all your personal info has been emailed to Ukraine and China.
    +1 on that, very well said! Just to add, if noone is aware of the increasing cyber attacks/cyber terrorism that is going on...well just be careful when downloading and installing freeware and even paid software onto your pc. If those cyber terrorist can hack into our F22 Raptors, they can surely make your pc literally blow up and more!
    12-06-09 11:14 AM
    I'm worried about that too...will mcafee virus scan find any spy ware or what not...I just bought a new computer and if I get a something from mega upload...ill be very angry lol...is fire fox better them ie?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    As far as Firefox being better than IE, you need to compare them yourself to decide that. I would suggest going to CNET.com and reading the editor reviews, then download Firefox and play with it for a couple days or so.

There are several reasons I use Firefox. First, for me it's much faster than IE on my laptop. Second, I like the Bookmark Toolbar for my favorite sites and the Bookmark sidebar also. Third, the customization features and add ons are excellent. And fourth, the Firefox icon looks way cooler than the IE icon.
    12-07-09 06:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD