is this you?

I am too cheap to buy extra chargers for my work and car.

Well here is the solution:

Go to either Ebay or Amazon and pickup a USBMicro Adapter. I picked 2 up on ebay for 5.25 with free shipping. I now use my old Blackberry charger for work and my existing 29.99 Verizon car charger for my car.

Attached is a picture on how they look, not too bad right?

Here is a link just in case. Amazon.com: Motorola RAZR2 V8, V9, V9m, Q9h OEM Original Micro USB to Mini USB Adapter - SKN6252 (1 PC): Cell Phones & Service
    07-30-09 03:59 PM
    I purchased a car charger, wall charger, and PC charger for $8.00 on ebay.
    07-30-09 04:01 PM
    These adapters have been discussed in the charging dock/pod threads.

One warning about using these adapters is that they may not work for data transfers, so use them for charging only.
    07-30-09 04:03 PM
    These adapters have been discussed in the charging dock/pod threads.

One warning about using these adapters is that they may not work for data transfers, so use them for charging only.
    Yup, only for charging.

And the Ebay set for chargers aren't OEM. I don't want to use some chargers that didn't go through QC for the actual Phone. Want to use my OEM Blackberry chargers and Verizon Car Chager.
    07-30-09 04:50 PM
    There are some with a 90 degree elbow that MIGHT help with using the phone in your car and leaving it in a Cup holder (Given the ridiculous placement of the charging port.)

I found a couple - motorola branded - on the Internet and am waiting for delivery.
    07-30-09 06:20 PM
    I have used the adapter pictured by the OP with success for both charging and data transfer with my computer. There is also another style that does not have a cable, it is simply a "plug" for mini-to-micro adapter, and it too works for data. These adapters worked on my Razr V9M and work on my Tour as well.
    07-30-09 06:25 PM
    07-30-09 06:53 PM
    These are the ones I ordered and just received today. I bought 5 of them. I have 2 car chargers and 3 home chargers and didn't want to buy all new ones.

Amazon.com: Black Mini USB to Micro USB charger Converter Adapter for Blackberry Tour 9630, 8900 Curve, Storm 9530, Pearl Flip 8220: Electronics
    07-30-09 06:59 PM
    would using a charger that is not specifically designed for the tour impact the battery life in any way??? like would if affect the life of the actual battery???
    07-30-09 07:03 PM
    Make sure it's the same voltage.
    07-30-09 07:04 PM
    Seriously? What is the justification for a USB adapter not adapting the full USB functionality?
    07-30-09 07:14 PM
    BTW, this one is the cheapest I could find ($.83 + $2.98 shipping): Amazon.com: OEM Motorola MicroUSB USB EMU MU Adapter for RAZR2 V8 V9 V9m Q9h model SKN6252: Cell Phones & Service

I ordered it last week and received it in a couple days. It is the genuine Motorola adapter as pictured, which is nice... not that I care about about that brand, but it is well constructed, unlike the normal quality you might get at these prices.

I haven't tried the data transfer functionality, but a reviewer on there said it did work for his Kindle 2, so I'm not expecting a problem.
    07-30-09 07:22 PM
    awesome tip, thanks a million!!
    07-30-09 07:58 PM
    Make sure it's the same voltage.
    USB standards call for 5 V�5% on the VCC line. I only use brand name car chargers for my phone because I fear the cheap ones may be out of spec and damage the phone. I wouldn't trust some cheap $2.00 charger on my $500 phone.
    07-30-09 08:42 PM
    I wouldn't trust some cheap $2.00 charger on my $500 phone.
    i guess just make sure the wattage / voltage is the same . . . but on a similar note, this doesn't apply with cheap A/V cables like spending $$ on those Monster cables.
    07-31-09 11:55 AM
    These are the ones I ordered and just received today. I bought 5 of them. I have 2 car chargers and 3 home chargers and didn't want to buy all new ones.

Amazon.com: Black Mini USB to Micro USB charger Converter Adapter for Blackberry Tour 9630, 8900 Curve, Storm 9530, Pearl Flip 8220: Electronics

Did you get changed only once for shipping? I noticed that some of these vendors charge shipping for each item which would not make it cost effective if you wanted 3 or 4 of these.
    07-31-09 12:27 PM
    Did you get changed only once for shipping? I noticed that some of these vendors charge shipping for each item which would not make it cost effective if you wanted 3 or 4 of these.
    Just shop around. I picked up 2 mini to micro adapters on ebay for $5 something with free shipping. They arrived within a week. I have plenty of mini usb cables around unused and didn't feel the need to buy even more. Works just fine. Haven't tried it for data transfer but don't really need to since I only need the one data transfer cable that came with it.
    07-31-09 12:33 PM
    i guess just make sure the wattage / voltage is the same . . . but on a similar note, this doesn't apply with cheap A/V cables like spending $$ on those Monster cables.
    The voltage should always be +5VDC, regardless. Watts and amps aren't supplied, they are consumed. You cannot measure them without consuming them. At most, your BB should be consuming 1000ma or 5 watts.
    07-31-09 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD