Hello all,
    I am having a problem. I used my Torch 9800 and took a picture with the phone view as landscape. Then when I go into my pictures folder, click on the individual picture and set it as my wallpaper, the homescreen wallpaper is all zoomed in so that you cannot identify the picture. If I go into my pictures folder and with all the picture thumbnails up, select a picture as the wallpaper, the homescreen wallpaper is normal, but is zoomed in when the view is landscape.

I didn't have this problem before I changed os', so I think that might be the reason. I am running 6.0.0.246 os (I realize this is not the 6.0.0.246 os thread, so if anyone could redirect me to that thread, I would appreciate it). I searched for this problem in the forums, but did not find anything regarding the Torch having this problem.

Thanks,
    J
    09-23-10 02:32 PM
    Hello all,
    I am having a problem. I used my Torch 9800 and took a picture with the phone view as landscape. Then when I go into my pictures folder, click on the individual picture and set it as my wallpaper, the homescreen wallpaper is all zoomed in so that you cannot identify the picture. If I go into my pictures folder and with all the picture thumbnails up, select a picture as the wallpaper, the homescreen wallpaper is normal, but is zoomed in when the view is landscape.

I didn't have this problem before I changed os', so I think that might be the reason. I am running 6.0.0.246 os (I realize this is not the 6.0.0.246 os thread, so if anyone could redirect me to that thread, I would appreciate it). I searched for this problem in the forums, but did not find anything regarding the Torch having this problem.

Thanks,
    J
    I have a similar issue - but I get the "zoom" on wallpaper after a period of time. I can set the pic as wallpaper and it is normal. After a while, I'll notice the pic is zoomed in. I reset the pic as wallpaper and it's good to go until it decides to change again. I just recently switched to a different pic for wallpaper and so far it hasn't changed any.

I am also running .246.
    09-23-10 02:46 PM
    I reset the pic as wallpaper and it's good to go until it decides to change again. I just recently switched to a different pic for wallpaper and so far it hasn't changed any.

I am also running .246.
    I just reset the wallpaper and so far, so good. Hopefully, it will stay this way. Thanks
    09-23-10 03:12 PM
    I just reset the wallpaper and so far, so good. Hopefully, it will stay this way. Thanks
    No prob at all.
    09-23-10 03:19 PM
    The "problem" is that the picture is not the right size for the torch screen. If you resize the picture to 360x480 or 480x360, the picture will look ok in either landscape or portrait.
    09-23-10 03:22 PM
    The "problem" is that the picture is not the right size for the torch screen. If you resize the picture to 360x480 or 480x360, the picture will look ok in either landscape or portrait.
    Why would I need to resize a picture I took with my Torch, to make it fit the screen? I would hope that it would already fit the screen if I used the device's camera. Otherwise, that's plain silly.
    09-23-10 03:24 PM
    What? The pic was taken on the Torch - why does one have to re-size it?
    09-23-10 03:41 PM
    I think the smallest setting in camera options is 640 x 480
    09-23-10 03:45 PM
    Why would I need to resize a picture I took with my Torch, to make it fit the screen? I would hope that it would already fit the screen if I used the device's camera. Otherwise, that's plain silly.
    The camera has 3 size settings, the smallest being the actual resolution of the screen. If the picture takes is larger than that resolution, it's not resizing it to the screen resolution, it's showing it at the actual resolution it was taken, which is larger than the screen.
    09-23-10 06:08 PM
    The camera has 3 size settings, the smallest being the actual resolution of the screen. If the picture takes is larger than that resolution, it's not resizing it to the screen resolution, it's showing it at the actual resolution it was taken, which is larger than the screen.
    Ok, my Camera Option settings have my pictures set to "Large (2592 x 1944)" the maximum size setting and it does automatically resize the picture for my screen. For example, I took a picture of my two kittens, set it as the wallpaper and (after I reset the wallpaper and reloaded the image) the image fits perfectly for my screen, both in portrait and landscape.

Sorry, I just wanted clarification. Is it not suppose to fit my screen then?
    09-27-10 09:45 AM
    How do you resize the picture??
    10-07-10 04:05 PM
    You're taking pictures at something like 2592x1944 resolution...
    The Torch screen is 360x480 resolution...

See the problem? If your torch took all pictures at 360x480 your pictures would be tiny and garbage if you viewed them anywhere else.
    10-07-10 05:08 PM
    You're taking pictures at something like 2592x1944 resolution...
    The Torch screen is 360x480 resolution...

See the problem? If your torch took all pictures at 360x480 your pictures would be tiny and garbage if you viewed them anywhere else.
    I know what size the resolutions are - my point being if you take a pic with the Torch and set it as wallpaper, it should not "zoom" in on the pic after a period of time.
    10-07-10 08:38 PM
    There's definitely some confusion on resolution differences in this thread... I don't care who's confused, but the replies show that the confusion definitely exists...
    10-07-10 08:43 PM
    There's definitely some confusion on resolution differences in this thread... I don't care who's confused, but the replies show that the confusion definitely exists...
    Well said sir, well said. However, it isn't only in this thread. I remember this same type of question in several of the other forums and there was confusion there also.
    10-07-10 10:23 PM
    I have noticed that if you have a landscape picture - and you are viewing it in landscape mode - then you set it as your wallpaper - your portrait-homescreen wallpaper will be zoomed in and the left and right sides of the picture will be cut off.

However, if you view that picture in portrait mode...so that it automatically zooms OUT and puts black bars on the top and bottom so that it fits the screen...then you set it as your wallpaper...it will look like that - zoomed out instead of zoomed in.

You can actually control this though...the idea is that whatever you're seeing on your screen when you set it to your wallpaper is what you'll get. For example, if you zoom in on a picture and move to the bottom right of it...then set it as your wallpaper...you will see that bottom right zoomed in portion as your wallpaper.

Does that make sense? lol

The problem when switching from portrait to landscape is that either the picture has to be zoomed in or out so that it fits when rotated...or be left sideways.
    Last edited by jeffreii; 10-07-10 at 11:30 PM.
    10-07-10 11:26 PM
    I have this same problem and I'm pretty sure it just started happening now. After reading all of your posts, I checked out the size of the pictures taken by my camera on my Torch and sure enough, they were all the largest resolution. I changed the picture size in my camera options to thet smallest and whenever I choose those pictures to set as wallpaper it shows up fine. However, with the Torch, if you scroll over the picture (whether large or small) and hold down the trackpad and click "set as wallpaper" it should fit it to screen.
    10-28-10 05:21 PM
    Resolution doesn't really matter. It's all about aspect ratio. Read my post above yours.
    10-28-10 06:59 PM
    i also had the same problem and cured it by going into setup/wallpaper/ selecting the pic and using the blackberry key and setting as wallpaper that way. Hope this helps.
    03-21-11 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD