Hey

Whenever I sync my Torch, the wallpaper always goes back to the default carrier wallpaper while it's still plugged in. When I unplug the cable, it goes back to my assigned wallpaper. This is driving me nuts! Please help!
    10-16-10 09:27 AM
    The wallpaper is on your sdcard, so when you're syncing, the sdcard is disconnected from your Berry and connected to your computer. That's porbably why the wallpaper dissapears. I'll try this myself later as I've never noticed this. What OS version are you on?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-10 09:57 AM
    maxiang,

i'm on 6.0.0.246.
    i tried saving the wallpaper to the device and to the sd card on separate occasions.
    it doesn't seem to matter where i have it stored.
    10-16-10 10:26 AM
    Are you using a 3rd party theme?

And I know its annoying, but does it really matter?

10-16-10 11:17 AM
    Confirmed using the same OS version.
    The device memory is a built in sdcard. Thats why it doesn't matter where the wallpaper is stored.

10-16-10 11:18 AM
    default theme.

What's strange, is that my previous torch for some reason didn't do this.

Maxiang, any ideas on a work around?
    10-16-10 11:26 AM
    default theme.

What's strange, is that my previous torch for some reason didn't do this.

Maxiang, any ideas on a work around?
    Mine has done this ever since I started using one of my photos for a wallpaper. My first reaction was probably the same as yours until I realized what Maxiang said ... it's normal. Maybe on your previous Torch you used one of the delivered wallpapers that's saved in internal memory? I don't think there's any workaround ... when it's plugged into a USB or power source, it disconnects the sdcard. You may notice if you try to access anything on the card while it's plugged in, it will give you a message that you need to unplug it first.
    10-16-10 11:48 AM
    It does matter. If the wallpaper is on your SD card OR storage area, they cannot be used when plugged in. Put them in phone memory for this not to happen.... Hint hint ringtones will behave the same way.

10-16-10 01:13 PM
    It does matter. If the wallpaper is on your SD card OR storage area, they cannot be used when plugged in. Put them in phone memory for this not to happen.... Hint hint ringtones will behave the same way.

How do you put them in the phone memory?

10-16-10 01:31 PM
    This is driving me nuts!

10-16-10 03:36 PM
    This is not new to the Torch. Same thing happened with my Bold 9000. Typically one tends to store images on the SD card & the DM is reading the device memory. IMHO it would be a problem if you didn't see your custom wallpaper when you unplug the device from the computer.

10-16-10 03:49 PM
    the problem is that it doesn't seem to matter whether I save it to the sd card or the device

10-16-10 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD