I set an image as the wallpaper BUT the top 1/3 of the screen does NOT show the wallpaper. it still shows the AT&T sky background. I even converted the image to 320 x 240, same results. help.

how can I set a MP3 to play as a ringtone? can I just copy it into the ringtones folder or something? sorry haven't had time yet to research this issue.
    03-05-09 08:15 AM
    Im not sure abt the wall paper issue, but when you try to set the ringtone, it should be listed in your list of ringtones if you have it saved to ur device or memory card...When you go to profiles....advanced...then which ever profile you want to change....And when you pick the rigntone, your mp3s shld be there
    03-05-09 08:19 AM
    /\ yeap got it. thanks.

now just need to figure out why the wallpaper does not cover the whole screen =(
    03-05-09 09:02 AM
    Hi - I have the same problem with the wallpaper. I can change the wallpaper but can't get it to show up full screen. The AT&T wallpaper shows on the top and bottom.

I'm also new at the BB stuff, so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    closer2fine
    03-05-09 11:06 AM
    You can try to select the wallpaper and menu button zoom to make it fit. I had this issue with the ATT default theme and it worked for me. Once I chose a different theme I never needed to adjust the wallpapers I used as long as they were 320*240

Good luck
    03-05-09 11:09 AM
    I was going to suggest the same as above.
    03-05-09 11:39 AM
    in my case the wallpaper is getting CUT OFF on the upper 3rd. bottom 2/3 fits the whole screen (except for the description bar on bottom). does your idea still apply in this scenario? its almost as if the phone will not allow u to cover those areas so u can see the time, signal strength (top) & description in the bottom?!

You can try to select the wallpaper and menu button zoom to make it fit. I had this issue with the ATT default theme and it worked for me. Once I chose a different theme I never needed to adjust the wallpapers I used as long as they were 320*240

Good luck
    Last edited by redterror; 03-05-09 at 12:27 PM.
    03-05-09 12:23 PM
    Did you try it? Give it a shot... Personally I do not run the stock ATT theme, I change my WP daily for the most part and its easier to not have to zoom or fool with placement.... It will work fine.
    03-05-09 12:27 PM
    I tried it. all it does is make the image larger but its still cut off (those seem to "protected" spaces in the AT&T theme). seems changing the theme is the only way. which sux because it re-arranges all the icons.

Good luck
    fix is to: Change the theme to BB dimension Icon. Then set the picture as home screen image. You have to go into options --> Themes and switch your them to BB dimension Icon.. then repeat the steps above in this article to reset the image as the homescreen image.
    Last edited by redterror; 03-05-09 at 01:11 PM.
    03-05-09 12:52 PM
    OK I don't like the icon arrangement of the BB dimension Icon theme. where are AT&T's wallpapers on the phone? I can not find them. is there a way to keep the icons of the AT&T theme but use a full wallpaper like the other theme?
    Last edited by redterror; 03-05-09 at 01:24 PM.
    03-05-09 01:12 PM
    just in case any1 is following, to get the AT&T wallpaper (there is only 1) back, choose RESET wallpaper in media browser.
    03-05-09 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD