Im wondering if you BB addicts have figured out the wallpaper stretch problem. i see people saying there is a fix, but i honestly just dont understand it. can anyone help a non-techy person out?!!
    12-07-11 08:05 PM
    Tbh, I wasn't aware that there was an issue currently. Had min since os1, haven't had an issue.
    12-07-11 08:53 PM
    when i try to save a wallpaper, it automatically stretches it to fit the screen. if its the correct size for the pb, then it just zooms in on it.
    12-07-11 08:56 PM
    Save wallpaper at 1024 X 1024. It's because of the landscape view... Crackberry Blogs has a great post explaining it but you can take a look at this too...

This one doesn't look great in portrait mode but I stay locked in landscape most od the rime... if you load it you will see what I mean.
    12-07-11 09:18 PM
    I have been trying to figure the wallpaper thing out for a couple weeks now. I still cant get anything to work without stretching. I have even tried the 1024 sizes as well. So far every picture(other then the preloaded ones) have stretched on me. I have just given up and going to suck it up with the crappy ones.....
    12-07-11 09:38 PM
    12-07-11 09:45 PM
    I have been trying to figure the wallpaper thing out for a couple weeks now. I still cant get anything to work without stretching. I have even tried the 1024 sizes as well. So far every picture(other then the preloaded ones) have stretched on me. I have just given up and going to suck it up with the crappy ones.....
    I know, a bit annoying.
    12-08-11 03:45 AM
    Save wallpaper at 1024 X 1024. It's because of the landscape view... Crackberry Blogs has a great post explaining it but you can take a look at this too...

This one doesn't look great in portrait mode but I stay locked in landscape most od the rime... if you load it you will see what I mean.
    i save mine as 1024x600.. everyone i've ever looked up and downloaded fits perfectly
    12-08-11 04:06 AM
    good post on the subject...
    Given this comes up often enough I thought I'd make a diagram that shows how this works. I know Kevin has one but I feel this may be a little clearer. The PlayBook takes a 1024x1024 image, and crops the center for both portrait and landscape. The corners will never be seen on the device.

Click to view quoted image
    12-08-11 06:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD